NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
At the end, its a sport and not a movie, that it should only run after viewership. We need to mantain the integrity and skill involved in playing the sport, or else, it will become a money minting business only.
Its all good to hear about integrity, skill and honor when talking. How many sports in India or Sub continent have survived based on integrity, skill and honor? There is no sport in India that survived based on its own. Every sport needs money, infrastructure to survive. Football (Soccer) in India was famous since long but we only made progress when it was televised and "money" was invested with ISL. Its all honey talk when you say its a sport and not a movie and we should not run after viewership. Viewership includes in ground crowd and televised games. In India cricket is so popular because A) we know the cricketers and B) we know them because it was televised very early and a lot of money got invested and we did not pay attention to any other sport despite Hockey being our national sport.

Let me tell you again any sport be it be hockey, cricket or anything needs money. Money comes if there is viewership because viewership gets you deals with sponsors who invest money. That money is used for building infrastructure. That infrastructure will give you an opportunity to test your skill and integrity. Without that where will you test your skill?

(@zimrahil surely post of the day :p)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
@CricketQ20 I really dont understand why are you ignoring the fact that even Test Matches get viewers. Im not saying scrap T20s or T10s. But at least keep something challenging in the game. It seemed to me that you ignored all what I wrote and only read the last paragraph.

You want viewership? Get bowling machines and make batsmen hit sixes every ball. Im gonna bet you that the stadiums will be full every time.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@CricketQ20 I really dont understand why are you ignoring the fact that even Test Matches get viewers. Im not saying scrap T20s or T10s. But at least keep something challenging in the game. It seemed to me that you ignored all what I wrote and only read the last paragraph.

You want viewership? Get bowling machines and make batsmen hit sixes every ball. Im gonna bet you that the stadiums will be full every time.
I am not ignoring the fact that test matches gets viewership. I am speaking about the fact to your point where you said viewership is not important and skills and integrity is. I am just stating the fact that viewership is as important as skills and integrity. I am just stating a fact that any skill in any field be it be computers or sports or arts needs money to survive and learn. Skills dont end at one level, humans keep evolving and need to keep learning and for that unfortunately money is needed.

Again I am not arguing to test cricket viewership, I am arguing about one extra hour every day for 5 days (5 hours) taken away from human life which I do not see feasible.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am not ignoring the fact that test matches gets viewership. I am speaking about the fact to your point where you said viewership is not important and skills and integrity is. I am just stating the fact that viewership is as important as skills and integrity. I am just stating a fact that any skill in any field be it be computers or sports or arts needs money to survive and learn. Skills dont end at one level, humans keep evolving and need to keep learning and for that unfortunately money is needed.

Again I am not arguing to test cricket viewership, I am arguing about one extra hour every day for 5 days (5 hours) taken away from human life which I do not see feasible.
I agree with your second point.

The first point however. I'm not saying play only for skill. I'm saying that viewership must not be the sole objective.

Users who are viewing this thread