Spin bowling batting assistance

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
All

I’ve just started out a career and have just made it to county standard in the UK so making progress of sorts. I’ve started on medium difficulty but have a few questions I’m hoping some of you can help with

Firstly the bowling, I’m playing as a leg spinner and doing OK, question is to do with revs on the ball, I normally get around 1100 which is about 3 turns of the left stick (PS4) if I time the release right. I was bowled by a CPU bowler who got 2200 revs on the ball, should I be aiming for this? If you turn the stick more extravagantly the revs do increase but the release point is random at best, landing on green is more miss than hit. Does it impact the turn on the ball that much? Is 1100 revs likely to get me wickets at a better level?

On the batting a couple of points, I have to have the ball indicator set to 100 so I can see what delivery the bowler is bowling in their run up, even then I’m getting late timing off the pace bowlers who operate at high 80’s mph, what is the knack? You have no time to see where the ball is pitching, almost impossible to reach quicker, or so it seems. I’m using batting far camera, is there a better setting?

I also seem to pick out the fielders a hell of a lot, the R1 button is for ground strokes, I’ve only tried R1 and L2 once and I got out! This is a lofted shot by all accounts, I presume trying to clear the infield but no more? Does it work? Should I try to be playing it more?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Anybody got any feedback on this? Looking for an educated steer if possible....

Thanks

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I use standard controls for spin bowling but from what I remember you only need to do one turn (and get the green indication) for the revs and the amount of revs you get is dependent on the skill of the player.

In terms of batting (I play classic) I just use the default hardest setting, currently with some modifiers adjusted. I never use R1 for shots, 95% of the shots I play are just normal using the two sticks. L2 is a lofted shot, I'm not sure what R1 and L2 would do.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Thanks for that,WYY is that right about the revs? Wow, I had no idea, been rotating the stick until my thumb went numb trying to exaggerate some extra turn out of my 45 rated player, typical!

Can anybody else confirm the R1 and L2 combo and what it achieves when batting?

Thanks again

D

Dutch

L1 is lofted, R1, defensive and both together a precision shot, a kind of push into the gaps for nurdleing singles....

D

Deleted member 185125

Thanks for that,WYY is that right about the revs? Wow, I had no idea, been rotating the stick until my thumb went numb trying to exaggerate some extra turn out of my 45 rated player, typical!

Can anybody else confirm the R1 and L2 combo and what it achieves when batting?

Thanks again
R1 plus L2 is for Chip shot.

Surisonyps4

School Cricketer
Hope it might help you

L2 - Lofted shot
L2 + R2 - Aggressive ground shot (hold)
L1 (hold) - Precision shot
R1 (hold) Unorthodex shot
R1 + L2 - Chip shot
R2 - defence

Pls add if I miss anything

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
On the batting a couple of points, I have to have the ball indicator set to 100 so I can see what delivery the bowler is bowling in their run up, even then I’m getting late timing off the pace bowlers who operate at high 80’s mph, what is the knack? You have no time to see where the ball is pitching, almost impossible to reach quicker, or so it seems. I’m using batting far camera, is there a better setting?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

On this one, what is your shot timing input set to? It will be under the modifiers menu under batting. For me personally, I used to have this set to about 50 I think. The lower the number, the wider the window you have for shot timing. The higher the number, the earlier you need to provide an input. At the higher numbers, 70+ from memory, you pretty much need to input as soon as the ball leaves a seamers hand, which is pretty much premeditated.

Have a play around with that slider and see what works. I recently went from using the white pitch marker and a ball indicator to turning both off and doing it by eye. I did used to use the batting far camera, but since i turned off the visual indicators I've switched to batting close with a transparent batsman and I've had to turn the timing input slider down as I need to actually watch the ball to see where it bounces rather than just going off a white circle on the pitch and deciding before the ball has even left the bowlers' hand.

Cuzer

Club Cricketer
Sounds great that rumple, I’ll check it out, thanks for the feedback

Users who are viewing this thread