The Retro Thread

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mentioned this a few weeks ago are big ant watching these forums or is anyone in this forum feeding back our frustrations? Seems there focusing there efforts on this tennis game

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have shared the first four teams of my World Cup 92 collection.

Australia
England
India
South Africa

I have the faces and kits done. Some faces may be done by others, particularly @Mouseydread, but I started a while ago and can't remember everyone. If you see something you've done then thank you. Sadly there's no haircut that really captures the fringed mullet that the likes of Dermot Reeve and Ian Botham had.

I have skilled these myself. They should be consistent in terms of how I have done them (people might disagree) but the actual ratings are probably best ignored because they can be inconsistent between on-disk and created players. Would love any feedback on how they perform if anyone does play with any.

The line ups should be done for each match too.

In addition to the players I've done a collection of era specific bats. Symonds Tusker, SS Jumbo, Slazenger V100, Puma bat (used by Azharuddin), Power Test Star, Kookaburra Super Legend, Gunn & Moore Maestro, Gray Nicolls (Dynadrive, Powerspot, Scoop), Duncan Fearnley Magnum. All players should have some kind of bat assigned. There might also be some stadiums too, some of which might be assigned to these teams or the others that I hope to share.

They can be found under wasteyouryouth1 or should hopefully be found using the country name followed by WC 92 (e.g. Australia WC 92).

EzO8Cyb.png
GVONAD2.png
40QlWeH.png
kmRI5J0.png

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's amazing mate, the amount of stuff I've downloaded from you is unreal it's very much appreciated to enhance this game.

Are there any tutorials on how to use the logo editor? I would love to have a go at some retro teams but I can't work that thing out

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's amazing mate, the amount of stuff I've downloaded from you is unreal it's very much appreciated to enhance this game.

Are there any tutorials on how to use the logo editor? I would love to have a go at some retro teams but I can't work that thing out
I have been thinking about doing a video on how to do a svg logo using AI. I might just do so. Seems like there is need for it.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have been thinking about doing a video on how to do a svg logo using AI. I might just do so. Seems like there is need for it.
I don't get it, at all.

I went to a website to convert the PNG to SVG and I uploaded that in to the game and there is about 7 or 8 layers of the logo but only layer one is visible in the finished product. Then I have no idea how I could even get uniform logos to work lol

It would be a huge help if you were to do that but of course understandable that it takes time and effort and probably not on the radar. I don't like to be that person making request after request for teams and logos etc

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I don't get it, at all.

I went to a website to convert the PNG to SVG and I uploaded that in to the game and there is about 7 or 8 layers of the logo but only layer one is visible in the finished product. Then I have no idea how I could even get uniform logos to work lol

It would be a huge help if you were to do that but of course understandable that it takes time and effort and probably not on the radar. I don't like to be that person making request after request for teams and logos etc

If you're going to convert from PNG (like I do) you need to break the image down into separate layers then covert them one by one to SVG and upload them in the correct order into the logo editor.

So for instance here you can see all the different PNGs I used for the New Zealand 05 sponsor (as well as the original complete logo):

dIyc4US.png

I use this website to convert the PNGs to SVGs, it allows you to choose the output colour so you don't have to do it in the editor. I would always choose Ready #3 as the Filter (note that your PNG should be a dark colour or it won't show up in the SVG).

I first uploaded the black background, then the smaller white shape, then the green and finally the white circle. In the end the horse was too complex to be in the same logo and had to be uploaded separately.

It's probably way slower and less efficient than creating in AI like @Llewelynf says but it works well enough for me.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

I pretty much taught myself using tutorials on YouTube or reading articles. I didn't know what an svg was before DBC 17 came out. Then it was kind of just trial and error to see how things work. I started using a program called Boxy but now I use Inkscape which is more complex but means it has greater options (including an inbuilt conversion function). They are both free and Inkscape has a lot of online support articles or forums.

So, I create logos in Inkscape and upload them into the editor - this can only be done on PC unfortunately.

jauds

School Cricketer
Would anybody be able to make the retro kits from one day cricket in Australia from the 70s and 80s please?

Perth Challenge 1987 - Australia, England, Pakistan and West Indies
benson-hedges-cricket-challenge-perth.jpg

World Series 1979/80 Australia v West Indies

ian-chappell-one-day-cricket.jpg

greg-chappell-one-day-cricket.jpg

1985 World Championship of Cricket - Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies

world-championship-of-cricket-1985.jpg

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Cross posting from the all teams thread, but I've uploaded the Aussie Rebels from the mid-80s tours.

see that thread for full details

Users who are viewing this thread