West Indies tour of Pakistan - April 2018

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I'm not against 30+ players at all. I just don't see anything Irfan can provide on surfaces where the ball doesn't bounce much. I can't remember any substantial performance from him in Asia. He averages 35 in ODIs in Asia. If you want to play him, pick him in Aus/NZ/SA

Statistically its right but when you don't pick a bowler in Asian countries or in tracks where bounce and seam aren't much there, You won't pick him for the foreign tours either because it will disturb the team balance. We rarely tour the countries you have mentioned, I don't think its possible in our culture to have this sort of selective selection. Either you pick him and take benefit from him or either not.

I can be wrong but I feel Irfan is another example of missing out an opportunity. The current captain short temper nature is enough to keep Irfan out of the squad.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
My XI

Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Hussain Talat
Sarfraz Ahmed
Shoaib Malik
Fahim Ashraf
Shadab Khan
Imad Wasim
Hasan Ali
Mohammad Amir
Usman Shinwari

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
My XI

Fakhar Zaman
Babar Azam
Sohaib Maqsood
Sarfraz Ahmed
Shoaib Malik
Hussain Talat
Fahim Ashraf
Shadab Khan
Hasan Ali
Aamir
Shinwari

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Just read from Geo Sports that the squad is gonna be announced during the final. Young players will be given opportunities. Selection committee is having difficulties selecting the squad becuase of fitness issues. Hafeez's selection is doubtful. Usman to replace Rumman. Agha Salman, Talat and Asif Ali are to be given chances.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
T20 squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk), Hussain Talat, Faheem Ashraf, Muhammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Rahat Ali, Usman Khan, Shaheen Afridi

Ahmed and Amin both had a poor PSL, if Amin has been dropped then why Shehzad hasn't been dropped? Shehzad even played all the games and Amin didn't! Rahat Ali's inclusion is a bit surprising. The guy's temperament suits test cricket. With Amir to cut down his tests, Rahat will play some tests.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So the selection committee has gone with the PSL performances and New Zealand T20 series performance. It's a good over all squad.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think Fakhar and Babar should open in T20s

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
T20 squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Asif Ali, Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk), Hussain Talat, Faheem Ashraf, Muhammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Rahat Ali, Usman Khan, Shaheen Afridi

Ahmed and Amin both had a poor PSL, if Amin has been dropped then why Shehzad hasn't been dropped? Shehzad even played all the games and Amin didn't! Rahat Ali's inclusion is a bit surprising. The guy's temperament suits test cricket. With Amir to cut down his tests, Rahat will play some tests.
Wahab instead of Rahat, and Shehzad out without replacement

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Dafuq is this. Yayvo website says all tickets are sold out and out of stock in 15 mins apart from 5,000 rs ones. All 100,000+ tickets are sold out? They will sell in black again. I hate PCB!!!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dafuq is this. Yayvo website says all tickets are sold out and out of stock in 15 mins apart from 5,000 rs ones. All 100,000+ tickets are sold out? They will sell in black again. I hate PCB!!!

I think your link isn't working. I just saw that limited 500Rs. were still available.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Please no Wahab in International team. He is just a pacy bowler with a poor wrist position. He might do well in T20 but we've got better options.
If we want Fawad back on domestic performance, why not Wahab on PSL performance? Let's be a little fair.

Users who are viewing this thread