The PC Texture Tweaks & Mods Thread: India Test Pack & Duke Ball Released!

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
@sonimrajk The face textures can most likely be changed BUT I'm not sure how changing the actual mesh models of the heads works at all. So for example if you tried to change Steve Smith into Virat Kohli then you would most likely end up with Kohli's face pasted over Smith's head shape with his hairstyle as well. Also like Waste says there is probably no way we can get photos as detailed as the scans that Big Ant use so they would end up looking subpar.

In terms of the grass I've managed to get it the right colour but the lawn striping makes it look very weird so trying to sort that at the moment.
Thank you. If the grass one comes out well, will the grass in all grounds change as we are replacing grass texture or only one particular ground which we want to change?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Thank you. If the grass one comes out well, will the grass in all grounds change as we are replacing grass texture or only one particular ground which we want to change?

It will be for all grounds. There is only one grass texture as far as I'm aware.

Spoobir

Is it outfield design texture or pitch texture???

There is one texture for the outfield grass and then two for each pitch type (pristine and worn).

@Dutch I reinstalled DBC14 to see if I could find the pitch textures but I couldn't get at them. It's possible they've changed to a new way of rendering the pitches and that's why they seem a bit "bland" now.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

There is one texture for the outfield grass and then two for each pitch type (pristine and worn).

@Dutch I reinstalled DBC14 to see if I could find the pitch textures but I couldn't get at them. It's possible they've changed to a new way of rendering the pitches and that's why they seem a bit "bland" now.
Yeah Matt did say that there is a conflict between the graphics engine and the old textures.....he has adjusted some stuff using those old textures which are in this current build and they have improved things....will see if i can get some nice pictures!

Spoobir

Just a quick example of how the grass/pitches can be tweaked with just some basic colour editing. Had a go at creating a more lush, "English style" outfield and a much greener "grassy" style pitch. Perfect for those early summer test matches or county games:

5QvWm1f.jpg

mBeba7h.jpg

File is included below. Simply paste the grass folder into Ashes Blobset Tools\AshesMods\textures, run tool and create blobset. Default is included for if you want to go back.

Cheers and enjoy! :cheers

Attachments

• Lush_Grass.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 223

Users who are viewing this thread