Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
A few overs of random batting.......

Nice video..Showed a few stuff..

-Like you said batting response can be late now which is great to see, mainly when playing without HUD makes it lot better..
-Saw on 2 instances that the batsman returned fast to his crease, good to see that sorted out..

-One thing though at 9:20 you play a shot towards cover atleast thats what the animation shows but the ball travels to mid on, will such wrong shot animation get tweaked as well?
-Did you lose the ball sound after the last ball of that video?

Also try taking your stance back to stumps gives a sec or two to respond..:p

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've no issue losing. It's sport, if you don't lose it's pointless. But not like that. Especially after the AI collapsed to 246 in their 1st innings. Then on day 4 and 5 they're not playing a false stroke?!

Not having it.

[/rant]

You should have seen one of the last Test series I played on DBC 17, which was against South Africa in Career Mode. In a three Test series, we had won two of the Tests by an innings, and in the other bowled them out in their first innings for 145. I don't think they had scored more than 200-250 in any other innings in the series either, but then they somehow scored 769-5 in the fourth innings of that match to win. I mean, what the hell is that, haha! They were 500-1 at one point too! :lol

sajeednp

Club Captain
I am not quite sure what you mean and what the point is: please explain a little more. What exactly do you want to test? What are you wanting to find out?
I mean playing an offline multiplayer match with your friend as a team (not opposite team).. inverted batting is not working for this.. providing wrong shots

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I mean playing an offline multiplayer match with your friend as a team (not opposite team).. inverted batting is not working for this.. providing wrong shots
And in broadcast mode. Let me explain clearly to @Dutch
First change the batting view to broadcast and invert batting enabled.
If you have two controls, Select two controls for the same team. Now once the match is started, plz check whether human batting is working for both controls as expected. I mean shots should go to correct direction. Currently there is an invert batting issue in broadcast mode in this scenario. Shots are going to wrong side.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Can medium pacers bowl faster in the patch
Can you have your best fielders in the right positions
I would like players appearances to look more realistic in the game
Just want to know is there update for players appearance /visuals and equipment
Like tones, more hairstyles, more beards or facial hair ,ageing players and facial features
Thigh guard and rib protecter only if there injures or sweat bands , gold chains and towels
Can you make video of all the unorthodox shots maybe in t20 game

D

Dutch

Can medium pacers bowl faster in the patch
Can you have your best fielders in the right positions
I would like players appearances to look more realistic in the game
Just want to know is there update for players appearance /visuals and equipment
Like tones, more hairstyles, more beards or facial hair ,ageing players and facial features
Thigh guard and rib protecter only if there injures or sweat bands , gold chains and towels
Can you make video of all the unorthodox shots maybe in t20 game
Sorry mate but you have repeated all of these things a hundred times. I cant help you. If this is the stuff you are looking for I cant help you. What you see in the beta thread is what there is: nothing more, nothing less. There are no hidden gems, no secrets; this is what there is. For better or for worse. If it isnt what people are hoping for well they are probably going to be dissapointed. Gold chains?
Fedge me. As for unorthodox shots, I cant even play the normal ones....the left trigger is nice and shiny, the right trigger worn.

Last edited by a moderator:

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
And in broadcast mode. Let me explain clearly to @Dutch
First change the batting view to broadcast and invert batting enabled.
If you have two controls, Select two controls for the same team. Now once the match is started, plz check whether human batting is working for both controls as expected. I mean shots should go to correct direction. Currently there is an invert batting issue in broadcast mode in this scenario. Shots are going to wrong side.
@Dutch
I tested this again today and its working. We are missing one option and it caused confusion.
@sajeednp @Thieves @Mohammed Sherry @Mayhem Fiasco @Xboxer
In the settings under controller settings we need to enable "VS Invert Batting" option. And once the game starts both players from their settings need to enable invert batting.
This worked for me for both standard and classic controls when playing on the same side in broadcast mode.

D

Deleted member 185125

A few overs of random batting.......

Thanks for uploading the video @Dutch . Just one question though. The wicket keeper seems to remain transparent even after the ball is hit. Is this due to your graphical settings or is it something new with the latest patch?

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Sorry mate but you have repeated all of these things a hundred times. I cant help you. If this is the stuff you are looking for I cant help you. What you see in the beta thread is what there is: nothing more, nothing less. There are no hidden gems, no secrets; this is what there is. For better or for worse. If it isnt what people are hoping for well they are probably going to be dissapointed. Gold chains?
Fedge me. As for unorthodox shots, I cant even play the normal ones....the left trigger is nice and shiny, the right trigger worn.
Thanks for the updates. The progress seems good. Just had a few queries if you can answer.
1. How is six hitting? Is it balanced?
2. How are AI Field placements in latest build especially in odi and t20?
3. Does ball still go through the bat frequently?
4. What about the straight drive wrong animation issue?
5. Does backfoot cut still go to mid off?

Rising Flock

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks for the updates. The progress seems good. Just had a few queries if you can answer.
1. How is six hitting? Is it balanced?
2. How are AI Field placements in latest build especially in odi and t20?
3. Does ball still go through the bat frequently?
4. What about the straight drive wrong animation issue?
5. Does backfoot cut still go to mid off?

1. How is six hitting? Is it balanced? Six hitting is far more balanced and much tougher to get it directly over the rope. Flat sixes are a treat to watch. Consequently, a lot more outfield catches too! This is a brilliant improvement!
2. How are AI Field placements in latest build especially in odi and t20? Much better than earlier but is still being worked upon to get them perfectly right.
3. Does ball still go through the bat frequently? None that I have been encountering recently.
4. What about the straight drive wrong animation issue? I haven't been experiencing this after the recent builds. Other beta testers can also comment on this.
5. Does backfoot cut still go to mid off? Only if mistimed. If the timing is decent, always goes to the point region.

Users who are viewing this thread