Nidahas Trophy 2018 - India and Bangladesh in Sri Lanka T20I Tri-Series

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I sincerely hope this expectation on 'a player to take a decision that benefits the country' is dumped with. A Tendulkar or a Dhoni are well within their rights to continue playing for as long as they want to, and it is not their responsibility to groom their respective replacements (although if someone does it, its purely voluntary and a pretty nice thing to do). Its the cricket board who should be having appropriate replacements and follow the process of "giving the backup players a chance at the highest level" to ensure that they are ready.

In a country like India, there will be lots of players who dont get much opportunities at the national level and are perenially waiting in the sidelines. You can have only 11 players playing in a XI and a pool of around 20-25 players at a given period of time. With careers spanning almost 20 years on average, many players are going to miss the bus when it comes to representing India at the highest level. The IPL has now come to balance it out. So there is nothing to blame Dhoni or the likes about.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its more than 24 hours since the game is over, and YuppTV still does not have an on-demand replay of the game. They are playing the recorded version of the game, but they are playing it live with no opportunity whatsoever to rewind or forward it to the appropriate moments.

Seriously, I wouldn't want to watch a cricket series telecast again on YuppTV. They have been truly horrible when it comes to dealing with cricket telecast (they are great in South Asian entertainment channels with 10 days of catch up programming, etc.)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its more than 24 hours since the game is over, and YuppTV still does not have an on-demand replay of the game. They are playing the recorded version of the game, but they are playing it live with no opportunity whatsoever to rewind or forward it to the appropriate moments.

Seriously, I wouldn't want to watch a cricket series telecast again on YuppTV. They have been truly horrible when it comes to dealing with cricket telecast (they are great in South Asian entertainment channels with 10 days of catch up programming, etc.)
Slingtv is better.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Anyone know where to find official highlights? Or I would have to get them recorded from TV?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I barely watched a few overs of the series, so I am not quite getting the love being showed for Vijay Shankar on these boards. Statistically, he played every game and his overall Economy rate is 9, and he got just 3 wickets in these 5 games against not the strongest of opponents. Pretty average. And the few overs I watched he was bowling in the high 120s and low 130s, so not exactly pacey either.

Why the hype around him? Just because he belongs to the rare species of all-rounders?

Just to clarify. Not having a go at him or anyone here. Genuine question. There is no footage of these matches either for me to take a look at what he has been doing

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I barely watched a few overs of the series, so I am not quite getting the love being showed for Vijay Shankar on these boards. Statistically, he played every game and his overall Economy rate is 9, and he got just 3 wickets in these 5 games against not the strongest of opponents. Pretty average. And the few overs I watched he was bowling in the high 120s and low 130s, so not exactly pacey either.

Why the hype around him? Just because he belongs to the rare species of all-rounders?

Just to clarify. Not having a go at him or anyone here. Genuine question. There is no footage of these matches either for me to take a look at what he has been doing

Love? I have been following this thread since the series started and I never saw any love showed on him. I definitely have seen pity showed on him during that recent knock in the final where he struggled big time with the bat. And that's because in a series of 5 matches (including the final), he didn't bat in the first 4 opportunities and his first ever international appearance with the bat was in the final. Therefore the pity/sympathy for him and the hope that he is not discarded just because of that innings.

Users who are viewing this thread