ICC World Cup Qualifiers 2018

S

Satan666

I am not talking about any segregation.
As an Indian cricket fan, I don't find much joy playing teams that are floundering like WI or SL. You don't seem to understand that I've been talking about Indian cricket this whole conversation. I'm not thinking about those teams, my opinion is based upon the Indian cricket team and the fact that we've got so many tours that it's so damn tough to squeeze in a home series when India have played almost nonstop international cricket.

As the neutral fan you are, you might feel the need for teams like WI and SL consistently playing top teams. Fair point, I respect that. But in the context of the Indian team which I was talking about them, this is a bit of a waste having a full series with all the tours we are facing on the way and this could really be a short tour.

Coming onto your point with expecting results in a short amount of time, SL have been with for over 3-4 years now finding a proper team with so many players being used, how could this be? It really hasn't been a short time at all. If anything, it's been a long time finding a solid group of players while they've found one or two.
If there's a tour of SL or WI, I'll just need to wait through it and hope for the best.

Thats the mistake you are making, thinking only of India. Similarly the ICC are only thinking of their top teams and are not giving any thoughts to the Associates/Affiliates. Try for a moment to look at this from a view other than being an Indian fan and possibly a fan of cricket in general.

I’ll leave this conversation with this last point.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Afghanistan!!!!!! What a freaking country, what freaking spirits. I feel really bad for Ireland who will miss out on playing WC after 12+ years, they have been part of past 3 WC's. Although I am happy with the way things turned around for Afghanistan, I really feel bad for Zimbabwe, Scotland & Ireland. All the super 6 teams should be qualifying for the WC. Well played Afghanistan, celebrate its your day today.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I am one person who doesn't support conspiracy theories in sport but I have a very big suspicion about this entire tournament.

S

Satan666

Not surprised at all the WI and Afg have qualified. Both nations are strong supporters of the BCCI and Indian ideals of how world cricket should be.

Disgusting phase in cricket history that teams like Ireland/Zimbabwe/Scot are not in the WC!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats the mistake you are making, thinking only of India. Similarly the ICC are only thinking of their top teams and are not giving any thoughts to the Associates/Affiliates. Try for a moment to look at this from a view other than being an Indian fan and possibly a fan of cricket in general.

I’ll leave this conversation with this last point.

These aren't mistakes. This is my opinion and mainly concerns India in this conversation. It's a fair point in your case that SL and WI should be given chances against top teams if you see from a neutral point of view. I would agree that the ICC isn't a sh*t about the Associates, but that's not how this conversation was even initiated. Even if I was a neutral fan, I wouldn't find much joy in a India-WI clash, honestly. Just forget about the money and other things and look through a viewer's perspective. Surely WI would be interested but IMO, however much experience WI gain, I personally wouldn't be so interested in a series like that.

And again, Associates are clearly developing unlike the weaker top teams like WI and SL. I would love to see Associates to generally play Full Members more and more.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What an excellent comeback from Afghanistan, they've really had to work hard to get to bottom to top, while they had some good luck. Would have loved to see another Associate team like Scotland/Zim/Ire to be the other team. Those teams have played really well and thoroughly deserved to play in the WC. Bitter pill to swallow for Zimbabwe and Ireland, they've performed in WC over the last decade or so and it's quite sad not to see them there.

Porterfield made a couple of good points while being disappointed with the ICC. They were the ones that pulled off great victories in almost each of the World Cups with wins against Pakistan and England. Frustrating to see ICC not giving these talented individuals a chance to prove themselves on the world stage. Hoping for the best for Associates and Zimbabwe in the future.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Why is this suddenly so silent? Afghanistan won the qualifiers cup, they have defeated WIndies 3 times this tournament and I am so proud of the team. From almost being knocked out to winning 5 in a row to qualify and actually win the Qualifiers cup.

Despite this I want to let everyone know I am deeply disappointed that Ireland, Scotland and Zimbabwe did not make it through the WC. They did not wrong and I feel absolutely terrible for them.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
This is basically a dead rubber, even if Afghanistan have pulled off a huge heist
Still credit must be giving when its due. I know a lot of members here do not like Afghanistan cricket and their uprise, nothing wrong in that but beating West Indies thrice should be something really appreciated.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know a lot of members here do not like Afghanistan cricket and their uprise

Really? Why?

I think any cricket fan would love to see new teams coming up and being competitive on the international scene

Users who are viewing this thread