ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Finally, Deepak Hooda has matured and become a good finisher. Kaul bowled superbly today, and perhaps if Bhuvi was there, this match would have been over much earlier.

The biggest disappointment in this match was Manish Pandey. The shot he played clearly was irrespnsible and useless. Otherwise, Shakib and Yusuf batted okay-ish.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@CricketQ20 KP hasn't bowled a lot for the past few years, so its better to hand the ball for man in touch, but still 11 off 6 should've been defended.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Pretty shaky win by Sunrisers. This game would've been easily won if irresponsible shots were not played. Markande opened the gate for Mumbai and bowled superbly to keep Mumbai in the game. Good to see SRH at the top with two wins.

Billy Stanlake should only be preserved for the opening overs and if possible, in the middle overs leading to the death overs. He's got variety, but he's too expensive so it's best he bowls in PP and the middle overs. He gets breakthroughs and cramps batsmen up. Kaul and Bhuvi to finish.

I don't think Hales should get a chance yet. I've got a gut feeling he'll just fail as well. Saha should be persisted with at least in the next two games, then think of bringing Hales in. Saha played a couple of good knocks at the top and I have faith in him. The lineup should stay (with Bhuvi coming back in) mostly the same. Bowling was impressive once again.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just to give people who are high on Kohli's success as India captain- I'll put things in perspective for you.

Kohli's most successful season came in 2016 when he scored a thousand runs and 4 tons in a single season. He was so far above everyone else that people take 2 or even 3 seasons to achieve such numbers. 4 centuries is so remarkable that I doubt anyone else 4 tons in 11 years at the IPL. To add to this, AB got about 700 runs that year which is an orange cap winning effort but, he won 3-4 games for Bangalore on his own including the freak innings in the first qualifier. RCB made the finals that year and seemed 'thin' on bowling talent.

You ask any RCB fan and they'll tell you about our bowling talent. There was this impression this year that the bowling is finally good and I was bemused. What about it is good? RCB didn't even BID for Rabada, Cummins or Stark. They spilled about 6 crores for Woakes and have Southee. Coulter-Nile has bowled one fine spell in the IPL and that was at the start of an innings.. where's the planning for the death?

If one really wants to know how good/bad a captain Kohli is minus Dhoni, you take a look at RCB. His India success is a case study of selfless captains i.e Dhoni who hand over teams that are made and don't need years to develop.

Just once, compare the team Dhoni led. I don't remember one death bowler he had in all his silverware wins and Kohli has the best two in the world.. That itself already is a huge huge plus. The irony is that the only thing Dhoni and Kohli have in common is the best batsman in the world i.e Virat Kohli.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
We can't play both QDK and Baz. Hope Kohli realizes this before it's too late. I would replace Sarfaraz with Parthiv and open the batting with Baz and replace QDK with Southee/Colin for today's match. Need to win today.

On the other hand, Punjab has more local boys than RCB and hence they won't lack any support. Plus they have Gayle and our crowd loves him.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
We can't play both QDK and Baz. Hope Kohli realizes this before it's too late. I would replace Sarfaraz with Parthiv and open the batting with Baz and replace QDK with Southee/Colin for today's match. Need to win today.

On the other hand, Punjab has more local boys than RCB and hence they won't lack any support. Plus they have Gayle and our crowd loves him.

SPOT ON! In fact, I would play QdK and not Baz. I feel he's past it. Also, Manan Vohra sitting outside is criminal.

My side would be-

QdK
Vohra
Kohli
Mandeep
Sarfaraz
AB
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Chahal
Khejroliya

Yes, I would have AB bat at 6 because there's no finisher down there.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Southee? Been in MI for two years and I don't think he is a first XI player, you can always get in a Anderson or a Colin, who are better with bat too.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
SPOT ON! In fact, I would play QdK and not Baz. I feel he's past it. Also, Manan Vohra sitting outside is criminal.

My side would be-

QdK
Vohra
Kohli
Mandeep
Sarfaraz
AB
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Chahal
Khejroliya

I would say it's criminal to bat ABD at #6. It's a waste of talent. Even though there is no finisher, it's grave mistake to play ABD anywhere below #4. I don't care whether there is any finisher or no, but ABD should not bat below #4. And I don't even have to explain why. When he comes at #4, he will have all the time to bat out. And mind you, he can bat till 20th over. But if he is batting at #6, he will come to bat maybe 17th over and he will get to face roughly 10 balls which is unfair. ANd unlike others, he will bat in the same way under all conditions. SO, it will only help us if he bats at #4. Mandeep has experience now and he started off well. He along with Colin can do the role of a finisher.

Another issue with your lineup is there are only 5 bowlers which is a no-no for me. It's very likely one of the bowler will have a bad day and we need someone to cover up. So, 6th bowler comes in.

Also, QDK has looked out of form since we toured them and Baz did well in the last match. SO, I would go with Baz over QDK and since there is no keeper, Parthiv comes in. Combination will be QDK-Vohra or Baz-Parthiv.

then follows,

Kohli
ABD
Mandeep
Colin
Woakes
Sundar / Negi
Umesh
Khejroliya/ Saini/ Siraj ( we can try out everyone to see who will succeed)
Chahal

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India

My side would be-

QdK
Vohra
Kohli
Mandeep
Sarfaraz
AB
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Chahal
Khejroliya

The same problem as the first game. No backup bowler to fall upon. You seriously think RCB can bank on only 5 bowlers?

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I would say it's criminal to bat ABD at #6. It's a waste of talent. Even though there is no finisher, it's grave mistake to play ABD anywhere below #4. I don't care whether there is any finisher or no, but ABD should not bat below #4. And I don't even have to explain why. When he comes at #4, he will have all the time to bat out. And mind you, he can bat till 20th over. But if he is batting at #6, he will come to bat maybe 17th over and he will get to face roughly 10 balls which is unfair. ANd unlike others, he will bat in the same way under all conditions. SO, it will only help us if he bats at #4. Mandeep has experience now and he started off well. He along with Colin can do the role of a finisher.

Another issue with your lineup is there are only 5 bowlers which is a no-no for me. It's very likely one of the bowler will have a bad day and we need someone to cover up. So, 6th bowler comes in.

Also, QDK has looked out of form since we toured them and Baz did well in the last match. SO, I would go with Baz over QDK and since there is no keeper, Parthiv comes in. Combination will be QDK-Vohra or Baz-Parthiv.

then follows,

Kohli
ABD
Mandeep
Colin
Woakes
Sundar / Negi
Umesh
Khejroliya/ Saini/ Siraj ( we can try out everyone to see who will succeed)
Chahal

I like your 5th bowler point and it lit a bulb in me.

How about

Parthiv
Vohra
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
Colin de Grandhomme
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Chahal
Khejroliya/Siraj

I really like the look of the above..Southee has to play for me. Just has to. And with de Grandhomme in the line up, the likes of Kohli and AB have a license. Not that they need one, but still.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I like your 5th bowler point and it lit a bulb in me.

How about

Parthiv
Vohra
Kohli
AB
Mandeep
Colin de Grandhomme
Woakes
Southee
Umesh
Chahal
Khejroliya/Siraj

I really like the look of the above..Southee has to play for me. Just has to. And with de Grandhomme in the line up, the likes of Kohli and AB have a license. Not that they need one, but still.
Looks good but we will play atleast one of Baz or QDK surely.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah and what makes it more interesting is that it will be played at Bangalore which is a batting friendly pitch. Hoping for a high scoring thriller.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Weather report states that there might be isolated thunderstorm later tonight in Bangalore. Hope it doesn't affect the game much.

B

Bigby Wolf

@zwarrior any idea how the Bangalore wicket is going to be this time around from the games you followed in the domestic season? last year it was bizzarely slow and low and didn't suited the RCB batting lineup and one of the reasons for their sorry season where they have won only handful of matches.

Users who are viewing this thread