Laptop vs Console

K-2SO

School Cricketer
I am planning to buying a gaming/high end laptop or a console soon . I was wondering whether buying a Xbox One or a PS4 is worth the gaming experience just to play Ashes Cricket 2017 or Don Bradman Cricket 2017. I probably won't be playing any other games.

I have been a PC gamer my whole life but got rid of my desktop recently and looking for a change in my gaming experience.

Thanks in advance.

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
I am planning to buying a gaming/high end laptop or a console soon . I was wondering whether buying a Xbox One or a PS4 is worth the gaming experience just to play Ashes Cricket 2017 or Don Bradman Cricket 2017. I probably won't be playing any other games.

I have been a PC gamer my whole life but got rid of my desktop recently and looking for a change in my gaming experience.

Thanks in advance.
Thought this was something different to gaming which I don't frequent. If you wont be buying any other games don't get a play station a friend of mine has one and plays games and uses it as a DVD player, so there is that. But, if playing games on a lap top this is down to graphics and heat transfer the lap top wont have the capacity to reduce heat so you'd be limited. Desk tops are better at heat distribution and are more stable not sure how graphics hungry games are being honest but I have heard. I do play football manager on a laptop but not that taxing.

Last edited:

K-2SO

School Cricketer
Xbox/PS4 games are also costly to purchase. The marginal return is low. However, my major issue with desktops is logistics and game installation. Games are now being designed for consoles rather than desktops. Still what you said makes sense.

Jenocide

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Xbox/PS4 games are also costly to purchase. The marginal return is low. However, my major issue with desktops is logistics and game installation. Games are now being designed for consoles rather than desktops. Still what you said makes sense.
I only play football manager games which are essentially a spread sheet with graphics fits good on a laptop too x

MishraJee

Panel of Selectors
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

Thanks in advance.
If the topic is still active....
Firstly Decide your budget thereafter have a look at the laptops at the range if you are looking for a console and also own a 4K TV go for the XBOX ONE X(50,000) else you go for the ps4 slim or the XBox One S upon your preference(Both Under 30K).

Games will certainly be costlier on the consoles but getting a laptop that can handle the same things will cost you double the amount.So I would say if portability isnt one of your preferences build a pc for around 45K. and Steam sales will give you the best prices just make a list up and wait for either the summer sale/autumn/black friday sales.

If you decide to go for the pc..

45K BUILD
I3 8100- 9K
H310- 5K
GTX 1050Ti - 15K
WD Blue/Seagate Barracuda -3K
Corsair VS 450 -3K
Corsair Vengenance 8GB Ram - 7K
Corsair Spec 04/Cooler Master Masterbox Lite - 3K..
thank you..

FirestrikeSDN

County Cricketer
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India

Thanks in advance.
Go for consoles or desktop,dont take laptop for gaming

Users who are viewing this thread