New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaman82

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
1st impression pro cam batting at Hardest with 0 hud

Backfoot shots seems to have different timing as compared to front foot shots

Playing reasonably late I can get ideal timing for the front foot shots but backfoot shots results in late timing..

Will chek lower difficulties

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I was too lazy/tired to write anything up after playing last night so I'll give some of my thoughts now. I've played a full ODI and bowled one session of a test match. Both on Pro Difficulty.

Batting first:

- It feels like there is a lot more variance in how the ball can come off the bat when going aerial. Pre-patch it was either time it well and it goes for a 100m six or time it badly and get caught in the infield. When batting as Matthew Hayden it even felt like I could just muscle the ball over the infield even when not timing the ball that well, which seemed pretty realistic. Lots more fours instead of just all sixes.

- AI fields at least look like they're trying to do something reasonably intelligent and don't change every ball. However there doesn't appear to be any preset fields for the spinners to use in the powerplay, they default to everyone on the infield ring.

- AI bowls much better lines, less short-ball spam. Didn't see a single half tracker down leg for 5 wides.

- Playing off the back-foot feels like a much more viable option. However aggressive/aerial cut shots still go through cover or mid-off. :( I would also say that other than the pull/hook, back-foot aerial shots still feel pretty weak in general.

Bowling:

- NO MORE UGLY PROD SHOT!!! Special thanks to @WealeyH for making it a priority. :cheers I really can't state enough how much better it makes the game look and feel without that horrible animation playing a couple of times every over.

- Nice variance of dismissals. Had caught behinds, a beautiful bowled, a couple of lbws already (and also a plumb one turned down, no reviews in my 2005 match type :facepalm)

- It felt like I could actually get on top of the batsmen and restrict their scoring. A lot of this is due to the prod-shot being gone I think, means I can actually set a field and bowl to it.

- AI tailenders don't turn into prime Afridi at the end of an innings any more. :p

- One negative would be still a few too many last-ball slogs, mostly during the powerplay.

- AI seems more aggressive at running, in ODIs at least.

- Finally you can add me to the list of people who don't like the new random seam movement on grassy pitches. I'll explain my issues with it:
1) The ball moves waaaay too much and too consistently (every single ball). It's basically the same as the old cutters except this time I can't just tweak a slider to tone it down, pretty annoying.
2) It takes away any feeling of control as a bowler. Why bother bowling an out-swinger outside off if it's just going to seam down leg?
3) It doesn't even appear to trouble the AI batsmen, they will play the huge-seaming ball as if they know exactly where it's heading anyway.

I understand this was added as a way to make batting on green seamers more challenging. Unfortunately IMO it makes bowling a headache, looks arcadey and well, just bad if I'm honest.

That's all I can really think of just now given the limited time I've played. Definitely looking forward to playing some more ODIs and seeing how they pan out. (I'll probably steer clear of green wickets for now though :p)

One final thanks to the beta team and devs. Definitely a lot of noticeable improvements! (still dead chuffed with prod shot being gone :p)

:cheers:cheers

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How is random swing a good thing as a bowler ?
How is bowling with an outswing seam and the ball moving in like an off cutter with a brand new ball a good thing ?[DOUBLEPOST=1524730448][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think you of all people will pick up on it.

random in the sense of the amount of movement (including the possibility of zero) and affected by conditions and input is a very good thing.

random in the sense of incorrect movement for the input is a very bad thing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
- Finally you can add me to the list of people who don't like the new random seam movement on grassy pitches. I'll explain my issues with it:
1) The ball moves waaaay too much and too consistently (every single ball). It's basically the same as the old cutters except this time I can't just tweak a slider to tone it down, pretty annoying.
2) It takes away any feeling of control as a bowler. Why bother bowling an out-swinger outside off if it's just going to seam down leg?
3) It doesn't even appear to trouble the AI batsmen, they will play the huge-seaming ball as if they know exactly where it's heading anyway.

I understand this was added as a way to make batting on green seamers more challenging. Unfortunately IMO it makes bowling a headache, looks arcadey and well, just bad if I'm honest.

:cheers:cheers

Oh that sounds tweaking shit.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
In case people are unsure as well...

Grassy Pristine mean grassy all over

Grassy Worn means tiny little patches

Grassy Wearing means patches of grass.

Seam movement should be toned down on anything other than grassy Pristine. Also decreases with ball age.

Also can be tweaked with sliders if you hate it more than life.

However you can get some sublime wickets with it

Spoobir

In case people are unsure as well...

Grassy Pristine mean grassy all over

Grassy Worn means tiny little patches

Grassy Wearing means patches of grass.

Seam movement should be toned down on anything other than grassy Pristine. Also decreases with ball age.

Also can be tweaked with sliders if you hate it more than life.

However you can get some sublime wickets with it

Yes I started my test on grassy/pristine when I saw other people talking about the issue, as I suspected that was what it was.

Which slider turns it down? I already have pace revs well down and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Im not seeing AI bowlers swing the ball at all off the straight. Granted conditions dont suit it. Do i have to wait until it clouds over to see any swing?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yes I started my test on grassy/pristine when I saw other people talking about the issue, as I suspected that was what it was.

Which slider turns it down? I already have pace revs well down and it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Friction if I recall correctly..

These are all things that ideal need perfecting but stuff that is great to have in the game.

When one come back and Bowles him through the gate it really does look fantastic.

I also highly encourage upping pace sliders looks far more authentic!

Spoobir

Friction if I recall correctly..

These are all things that ideal need perfecting but stuff that is great to have in the game.

When one come back and Bowles him through the gate it really does look fantastic.

I also highly encourage upping pace sliders looks far more authentic!

Will turning it down have any other effects? I don't want it to suddenly look like I'm bowling on ice. :lol

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Who’s the AI team??
Australia on disk. I played on the hardest bowling settings, and they blocked one in 5 overs. Only left it if it was a wide. Maybe this is just them making bowling harder, meaning that the batsman try and score off every ball.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Australia on disk. I played on the hardest bowling settings, and they blocked one in 5 overs. Only left it if it was a wide. Maybe this is just them making bowling harder, meaning that the batsman try and score off every ball.

Could be wrong but also could be that Warner is set to aggressive. If that’s the case he will come at you hard.

If anything aggressive may be sliiiightly over the top for Tests. I found balanced more suitable for him.

On the flip side he now has the ability to take the game away from you.

I can get a conservative or precise to leave and defend two maidens on the bounce if I nail the delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread