Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Kevin S

Club Cricketer
Oh I love this patch, I was always timing it late every ball on hardest but boy.. It makes me laugh I even get to see that 'early' timing in the HUD. I was so used to playing it late with the good ol' dbc 14 days but then I bought this it was all late(since I didn't play DBC 17) but this patch is just 'love'. I played it the first thing when I got back, played for 20 overs the timing does take some time to get used to, but its so better this way and the commentary too is almost on point for me thus far. The fielding being toned down is good to see and even see some new animations like batsman shaking their head after getting out cheaply and the edges are more often due to our timing rather than being random. Thank you BigAnt for making our money worth once again and a big thanks to the beta guys for testing these over and over again. Oh I almost forgot the hide HUD, that just takes game to a new level.
Sorry if I had triggered anybody by this post, I just wanted to say thanks for this patch..
On what difficulty do you play to get all those 'edges' ?? I have not edged the ball once 50 overs into a test match..And playing on Veteran/Medium

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I've been batting for 5 overs and going aggressive at most just to see how it played and I've had many edges gone for four and a couple grabs.

D

Deleted member 185125

Anyone noticed the swing issue on pitches apart from Grassy?

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
A quick one on edges...

Lower your players skills a little, some I found are over powered!!

Yeah there's a mixture of over and under-powered attributes out there, as they are being made by people often more consumed by interest in the likeness. I think guys like Root and Williamson should have batting attributes that vary according to their skill-set, but overall average out at around mid-80's skills for batting.

There are plenty of others though that are up around that level and they shouldn't really be. There are many teams where the problem is batting skill isn't really dropping accordingly down the order either.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On what difficulty do you play to get all those 'edges' ?? I have not edged the ball once 50 overs into a test match..And playing on Veteran/Medium
I was playing on Legend & Hardest all but now I'm playing on Medium to get used to the timing. Now its all based on timing not some random occasions where you are ideal everything and still get edged.. I think you are not mistiming much like I do xD , So you are not getting edges I guess.

Kevin S

Club Cricketer
I was playing on Legend & Hardest all but now I'm playing on Medium to get used to the timing. Now its all based on timing not some random occasions where you are ideal everything and still get edged.. I think you are not mistiming much like I do xD , So you are not getting edges I guess.
I think so xD..Played through the first day as SA against AUS,the whole 90 overs,nicked the ball only 2-3 times,cover drives were an absolute treat to watch...Though timing the ball is harder now,the AI does not seem to be able to get wickets...Two of the three wickets that fell were just coz of some rash shots played by me

Attachments

• day 1.png
    day 1.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 12

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
I think so xD..Played through the first day as SA against AUS,the whole 90 overs,nicked the ball only 2-3 times,cover drives were an absolute treat to watch...Though timing the ball is harder now,the AI does not seem to be able to get wickets...Two of the three wickets that fell were just coz of some rash shots played by me
Yea I felt that too, Even though they made 230 and I made only 70 in 20 overs, I only lost 4 wickets. I think since we are trying to get used to the timing window, we are bit a conservative in our shots so our wickets go down only in our 'mind fade' moments.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
as they are being made by people often more consumed by interest in the likeness.
A bit harsh if you ask me. As a lot of these players are either by myself or @wasteyouryouth
The majority of these were made in an attempt to make them realistic but with little to go by. No one even knew before what the skills meant.

IsaacCricketer

Club Captain
Right so that's me done with this game sadly. Waited until 3 am this morning to play the game after the patch downloaded and immediately couldn't wait to play so I started a casual ODI match. The gameplay is much better, and the batting is a lot more realistic, however the thing which has put me off this game completely now is the fact that the STATS ARE STILL BROKEN! I have been posting here about the stats being broken in the game since the beginning of DBC17 and every single patch this is ignored. I scored 20 runs with Aiden Markram in an ODI, yet when I go to his stats, it tells me that he has scored a hundred, and his highest score is 492, despite me never making that score with him. Thankfully, I didn't allow myself to get too excited about this patch, and now for good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread