New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweet magee

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just downloaded Xbox patch and after installing game refused to recognize I had the disc in the drive so couldn't launch. Anybody else had that happen ? Just deleted everything and going for fresh install from disc so hopefully that'll sort it.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Could be wrong but also could be that Warner is set to aggressive. If that’s the case he will come at you hard.

If anything aggressive may be sliiiightly over the top for Tests. I found balanced more suitable for him.

On the flip side he now has the ability to take the game away from you.

I can get a conservative or precise to leave and defend two maidens on the bounce if I nail the delivery.
I'll try changing it, but Bancroft was doing the same. Another big issue was the no sound of the ball hitting the bat when bowling. I don't know whether this is a widespread issue, or not.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I'll try changing it, but Bancroft was doing the same. Another big issue was the no sound of the ball hitting the bat when bowling. I don't know whether this is a widespread issue, or not.

This has been an issue since DBC17 and happens after you watch a replay. Annoying it hasn't been fixed in so long but all you have to do to correct it is pause/unpause the game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Honestly never had that..

I’m suprised to heat Bancroft was doing it...

He was 10* off 56 balls the other day ha.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This has been an issue since DBC17 and happens after you watch a replay. Annoying it hasn't been fixed in so long but all you have to do to correct it is pause/unpause the game.
I was getting it pre patch, randomly. But now I was going 3-4 overs of no sound. I tried pausing, restarting the game, but it never had a discernible effect. It would just randomly come back. I would say there were more no sound balls than actual willow sounds.[DOUBLEPOST=1524734551][/DOUBLEPOST]
Honestly never had that..

I’m suprised to heat Bancroft was doing it...

He was 10* off 56 balls the other day ha.
It could just be that I was bowling at Hardest. But I was getting a lot of good timing, that was being smashed away.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I was getting it pre patch, randomly. But now I was going 3-4 overs of no sound. I tried pausing, restarting the game, but it never had a discernible effect. It would just randomly come back. I would say there were more no sound balls than actual willow sounds.

Then I've never experienced this I'm afraid.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
D

Deleted member 185125

I turned down the swing from default 71 to 50 and it looks better now. Doesn't feel like cutters that much.
Not sure how it impacts anything else.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ive just seen an over go for 20 in a test match. Brute batsman. I think its fair to say the requirement of 3.5 to the over is gone.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For those that care.

For what its worth and this is merely my opinion, give this patch a good go before reserving judgement. From what I have seen over the last few months of testing, every innings and every match is different.

I have too had an innings where I have edged nothing and the next time I boot it up I edge everything.

Variation now exists more than it has before. Pitches, overhead conditions, difficulty and batsmen and bowler attributes matter now, more than we have ever seen.

Play a whole test or ODI, then play another one. Bowl. Bat. Bowl and bat again.

Tinker with teams if you need to. Especially when playing with created teams. These have been created by users (including me) that did not understand how attributes worked and in a time when they didn't. I am working on fixing my teams and players so they are better. Do the same.

Practice. Batting is harder now. It takes getting used to.

DO NOT be afraid of sliders. There was a time we all bitched and moaned that they didn't exist. We have them now, so we bitch and moan that they actually exist.

This game is miles ahead of many in terms of customisation. Take advantage of that. We can make it custom made to our liking. Why does that have to be a negative thing?

Most importantly, remember this is a video game. It is a cricket video game. If there is anything I have learned as a beta tester is that the intricacies of cricket are extrememly difficult to implement. Things will never be quite 100% real. HAVE FUN PLAYING THIS. This is an awesome game that I and others have invested hours in because, in my opinion, it is the best cricket game we have ever had. I honestly do believe that.

Parcelmoose

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Could be wrong but also could be that Warner is set to aggressive. If that’s the case he will come at you hard.

If anything aggressive may be sliiiightly over the top for Tests. I found balanced more suitable for him.

On the flip side he now has the ability to take the game away from you.

I can get a conservative or precise to leave and defend two maidens on the bounce if I nail the delivery.
I was wrong, Bancroft has been watchful and is on 12 (32). But the ball still doesn't swing, only moved like a cutter off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread