English Franchise Edit

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I did this thing back on DBC 14 where I made some fantasy English franchise teams, it was a bit more expansive and had teams from all over the UK. Now that they've announced which grounds would host the new franchise comp in 2020 I thought I might have a crack at designing some fantasy teams. But, rather than just do it for myself I thought I'd throw it out to get others involved in some way.

I'm happy to make kits and logos but I thought it'd be fun to have others take ownership, so to speak, of the teams. Name them, pick the players (maybe via a draft), suggest colours etc and any other little customisation that can be added. I'm more than open to suggestions.

First step would be coming up names. In real life the eight teams that will be included will be based at the following grounds:
  1. Old Trafford, Manchester
  2. Headingley, Leeds
  3. Edgbaston, Birmingham
  4. Trent Bridge, Nottingham
  5. Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
  6. Lord's, London
  7. The Oval, London
  8. Rose Bowl, Southampton
So, for now all you have to do is suggest names for as many or as few as you want and I'll pick the best unless anyone has other ideas. If you'd like to be an 'owner' put an asterix next to the one(s) you'd prefer or just say you'd take any.

If there is a good response I'll maybe add more teams, or have joint owners which could be interesting when it comes to picking players, so if you wanted to include a 9th team of your choice I'll put in reserve.

Any questions, suggestions or if you'd like to help out in anyway then please feel free to comment too.

Oh and if you have a suggestion for the tournament name then include that too with your teams name. Maybe we can have a vote on that.

Spitfires2007

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think we should look at the map of counties and try to merge no more than 3 teams together. Then have 5 overseas players and the rest have to be English based players playing for the merged counties. 20 man squad to chose from

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is this still a thing coz id be hella interested in coming up with names and even designing stuff and being an owner
Suggestions
Competition name [insert sponsor here] 100 (or 96 in ashes cricket)
OR Century Challenge
Leeds team - Rams (reference to coat if arms)
Cardiff team - Dragons
Nottingham team - Archers (Robin Hood)
Manchester team - Industry (Industrial Revolution)

TekkogsSteve

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've started making some logos for a project similar to this and i can share svgs if anyone is still interested.
dragons.png vodafone 100.png

Users who are viewing this thread