Ashes Cricket General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Hi people.. I have been playing ashes cricket 17 for a long time now.. with the latest patch the game is amazing.. but there is one problem... i am a gamer who looks fo challenges in a game.. in this game while battimg at legend hardest with all modifiers upto 100 nd shot timing 60.. its difficult to bat which is what i was exactly looking for.. i got nicked and got out while playing drives.. so i decided to go 4 steps outside the off stump... and started glancing every ball towards fine leg or square leg or backward square leg and started getting easy runs there.. soo i only play in this direction on fast bowling and never get out and easily reach 50 or 60 in australian domestic cricket as they bowl faster bowlers there.. I play a defense and take single if there are fielders on leg side. With this single from middle of the pitch and those glances.. i score 70 runs almost every match without getting out unless i go offside.. soo this shows you can still premeditate that glance shot.. its become so easy to score runs and its become real boring.. i dont know what to do.. please make this glance shot go away plz
Even I find it is easier to score off the pads, especially to deep fine leg region. Haven't tried playing moving across though. Don't think there is anything which can be done.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Its working for me.

How is this working for you? I also have the same issue whether it be playing IPL or PSL the line ups don't stick.

but if you create a manual competition then they do.

charles04

Club Cricketer
Does wearing of the pitch have any effect on how the ball behaves or is it just a visual thing

Really sucks when 405 is not even enough to defend in the 4th inns. :facepalm

D

Deleted member 185125

How is this working for you? I also have the same issue whether it be playing IPL or PSL the line ups don't stick.

but if you create a manual competition then they do.
Manual competition

Cricketlover453534

School Cricketer
Even I find it is easier to score off the pads, especially to deep fine leg region. Haven't tried playing moving across though. Don't think there is anything which can be done.
Can you please make sure it this message brings out something positive because it is really very easy moving across and scoring.. if you want you can try moving across i guarantee you will score easily 70 odd everytime at any level at legrn hardest batting with all modifiers 100 and shot timing 60 even. Also you can just defend and run a single on the faster bowlers.. fielders dont attack the ball. You can just take six singles by just tapping. With glances and defense you will never get out to seamers unless you go lofted and drives through offside.There is no problems of easy scoring in these ways on spinners.. They really bring out a real challenge.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I'm getting good amount of swing, if I hit the light green (perfect timing) on foot and release. Again pitches also matters, grassy worn has been better for swing. But still lesser in comparison with 1.07.
Why would the pitch matter though? Should be atmospheric conditions. I understand having a less abrasive surface will keep the ball newer (keeping the shine) but when you are bowling and the ball is 5 overs old I'd expect some out swing.

Users who are viewing this thread