Career Mode - 2021 - Crisis in English Cricket

braders1234

School Cricketer
Slightly tongue in check title!

My all rounder is firmly in the English international teams by 2021 but what concerns me is the starting 11 for England

Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Butler
Me
Ali
Overton
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

clearly no player of any ability has come through the ranks other than me in 4 years!

could be the same for other countries.

is this a bug or is it standard, would be a shame if i continue for 10 more years and it is still Anderson and broad opening the bowling (even thought I am a fast bowler grrrr!)

scampy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Interesting and disappointing if that is the same in all careers. I am into my third season and have now established myself batting four with Warwickshire (64 rating). Would be gutted if I play through another two or three seasons and find such an immersion breaking scenario when breaking into the England team.

braders1234

School Cricketer

My all rounder is firmly in the English international teams by 2021 but what concerns me is the starting 11 for England

Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Butler
Me
Ali
Overton
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

clearly no player of any ability has come through the ranks other than me in 4 years!

is this a bug or is it standard, would be a shame if i continue for 10 more years and it is still Anderson and broad opening the bowling (even thought I am a fast bowler grrrr!)

Crisis has been averted in the game world. As newly appointed captain of England in all forms of the game I have changed things up a bit.

In the selection screen I can obviously see the players stats, some of the players have clearly degraded over the years (although I have not confirmed this I don't think Anderson is a 45 bowler at the start!). What is clear however is that the players are not ageing. Anderson is still 35 for example even though I am into 2022 (he would be 40 in game).

what is also apparent is that there are no decent spinners available in England!

Although i am still enjoying the game I only play career mode and it feels like it has not been properly play tested, which is a shame.

Kevin S

Club Cricketer
Crisis has been averted in the game world. As newly appointed captain of England in all forms of the game I have changed things up a bit.

In the selection screen I can obviously see the players stats, some of the players have clearly degraded over the years (although I have not confirmed this I don't think Anderson is a 45 bowler at the start!). What is clear however is that the players are not ageing. Anderson is still 35 for example even though I am into 2022 (he would be 40 in game).

what is also apparent is that there are no decent spinners available in England!

Although i am still enjoying the game I only play career mode and it feels like it has not been properly play tested, which is a shame.
It is the other way around for me..I got picked for South Africa in the year 2026 and there were too many changes..So many first class players about whom I had no idea and some club players too..The only players from the current SA team were Markram and Rabada:lol

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Cook
Stoneman
Vince
Root
Butler
Me
Ali
Overton
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

Still taking a while to make it in West Indies l. Lol yeah i know long. But i find one or two players from my club Bridgetown team made it in Barbados Team .

Users who are viewing this thread