Bowling tips

N Jones

Club Captain
No you dont have to be a contortionist, and no there is no scale.....

its simple L1 and R1 are length MODIFIERS, ie they modify the default button lengths (ie slight shorter or slightly longer than the default pick) so... when u are ready to bowl you decide "Where do I want to bowl it. Select the type of delivery.... then Select the length... either the button only or the modifier (L1 or R1) PLUS the default length button at the same time. OK length is now selected, the bowler runs in... at this point you can alter the speed of delivery R2, L2 (or if you are really good, change the length again in the same manner as before he started running up)... and then right stick to bowl ball.... its not that complicated is it? :)
I'm really struggling STILL to get wickets .I can't understand where I'm going wrong.I vary the delivery type and length ,off and leg cutters,the odd slower ball .rub the ball for swing,pit in the extra effort with R2 and I'm still struggling. Currently bowling and Somerset are 305-2..what's your plan of attack when it comes to bowling.?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I'm really struggling STILL to get wickets .I can't understand where I'm going wrong.I vary the delivery type and length ,off and leg cutters,the odd slower ball .rub the ball for swing,pit in the extra effort with R2 and I'm still struggling. Currently bowling and Somerset are 305-2..what's your plan of attack when it comes to bowling.?
Lower the difficulty

N Jones

Club Captain
I'm on pro medium/Medium currently
I'm on medium bowling and I don't want to make it to easy. I just can't see what I have to do as I've tried everything. As I said I scored 511 all out and they are currently 410-4..

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm on medium bowling and I don't want to make it to easy. I just can't see what I have to do as I've tried everything. As I said I scored 511 all out and they are currently 410-4..

Are you able to post a video of your bowling? What are playing the game on?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I'm on ps4.all I could put up is a replay as I can't video and play at the same time. How are you finding the bowling..?

I’m on medium bowling and I’m taking wickets. I been working through a load of ODI and T20 atm as I finished Ashes tour and doing New Zealand tour now.

One pitch I changed my ususal plan because spin was the way forward to used Rashid and Ali sooner and used Root for 7 overs too. He got me a wicket.

I’m still keeping a full length on hard pitches and good/full on softer slower pitches.

Granted the AI hit out in the first power plays but I curb that at 10 overs with fielding placements.

Might be worth stringing a few replays together on a video if you can. I don’t know how you can upload on PS4 but on Xbox I just upload to OneDrive and then use iMovie on my iPad to string it together and upload to YouTube. Sounds a faff but it’s not bad.

I know some wickets are dead wickets. Have you gotncoeling modifiers on? What is the game difficulty?

N Jones

Club Captain
I’m on medium bowling and I’m taking wickets. I been working through a load of ODI and T20 atm as I finished Ashes tour and doing New Zealand tour now.

One pitch I changed my ususal plan because spin was the way forward to used Rashid and Ali sooner and used Root for 7 overs too. He got me a wicket.

I’m still keeping a full length on hard pitches and good/full on softer slower pitches.

Granted the AI hit out in the first power plays but I curb that at 10 overs with fielding placements.

Might be worth stringing a few replays together on a video if you can. I don’t know how you can upload on PS4 but on Xbox I just upload to OneDrive and then use iMovie on my iPad to string it together and upload to YouTube. Sounds a faff but it’s not bad.

I know some wickets are dead wickets. Have you gotncoeling modifiers on? What is the game difficulty?
Thanks for all your help.I'm on pro medium /Medium. All I've done with modifiers in turn the batting timing down by 5 to 45.it's just so frustrating

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thanks for all your help.I'm on pro medium /Medium. All I've done with modifiers in turn the batting timing down by 5 to 45.it's just so frustrating

Try medium batting and bowling and easy fielding. You’ll get some catches and edges for sure. That’ll help as a base until your confident.

N Jones

Club Captain
Try medium batting and bowling and easy fielding. You’ll get some catches and edges for sure. That’ll help as a base until your confident.
It's like this .I've just scored 336 after 50 overs..and now Sussex are 156-4 after just 17 overs..I just can't seem to slow the runs down..their wacking it everywhere lol

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England

Users who are viewing this thread