GOLF The Golf Club 2019

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
All the Golf Club games needed was CPU AI players you could actually see and play against, other than the ghost ball in GC1 and GC2, I would actually buy it if they did that.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf has similar awesome graphics and actually has CPU AI players in it, its a pity no-one hypes it really to make others aware it exists.

Bloody hype!

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
They only mention PGA courses in that trailer, seems they are still avoiding having to add CPU AI players in, and I can see why a company would do that as they then don't need any AI coders whatsoever involved....saving costs!

Lazy buggers...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All the Golf Club games needed was CPU AI players you could actually see and play against, other than the ghost ball in GC1 and GC2, I would actually buy it if they did that.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf has similar awesome graphics and actually has CPU AI players in it, its a pity no-one hypes it really to make others aware it exists.

Bloody hype!

Are you my secret twin, it’s like I posted above :p

Always wanted to play with AI in a golf career mode, hate playing on my own in a tournament, gives me an empty feeling

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I know what you mean, but at least the ghost players give you scores to compete against, and show the individual AI shots, which is what's important to me. It'd be nice to see AI players, but not seeing them is not a deal breaker for me.

I have JNPG, but don't play it nearly as much as TGC2.

To each his own.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Very highly recommend Jack Nicklaus Perfect Gold on Steam, has amazing graphics in it for me on a par with GC to look at, and the all important CPU AI players that are very realistic in choice of shots etc, something like 20 real courses I recall too.

beechcroft:- Are the AI shots using actual AI then, not just pre-recorded Ghost shots?

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
I guess the way to tell for sure is if the game has varying wind conditions because if it has, then pre-recorded shots wouldnt be possible, AI needs to adjust accordingly to the wind direction and strength.

Haha and that brings me back to Top Spin 4 again, they even mentioned that the game has wind effects in it at the time of its release, and that ball sure does not deviate in flight from wind effects either, let alone sidespin, fake load of shite.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
beechcroft:- Are the AI shots using actual AI then, not just pre-recorded Ghost shots?

I think you're right that the ghost shots are pre-recorded, and not true AI, from what I've read. The game does have varying wind conditions, but if you're playing against pre-recorded opponents, they're wind conditions would probably be different. I don't know if this is changing in TGC 2019.

Definitely a negative for TGC, if that's true. It seems that most people play in "societies", where you'e playing against real players, and the wind is the same for everyone. I've never done that because my scores are always terrible, and I prefer playing on my own.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
I think you're right that the ghost shots are pre-recorded, and not true AI, from what I've read. The game does have varying wind conditions, but if you're playing against pre-recorded opponents, they're wind conditions would probably be different. I don't know if this is changing in TGC 2019.

Definitely a negative for TGC, if that's true. It seems that most people play in "societies", where you'e playing against real players, and the wind is the same for everyone. I've never done that because my scores are always terrible, and I prefer playing on my own.

Same here, no interest generally in multiplayer gaming, I love AI so much.

Only time I love a bit of multiplayer at all is in Monster Hunter World where others can come in and help me get past some of these damn awkward moving too quick for my 50 year old reactions...............very very cleverly coded is that game, amazing.

D

Deleted member 9102

I was going to buy TGC2 recently, but saw that this was announced shortly beforehand so I decided I'd just wait for this one to release... The first one was a bit rough around the edges (pun? :p) and poorly optimised, but I enjoyed it a lot. Hated the way they released a paid DLC just for a simple single player mode though, that was part of the reason I put off my purchase of 2.

I ended up buying Links 2003 digital edition with all of the additional courses for $15 instead, and it still holds up pretty well for the odd round now and again! Shame that series died...

Hopefully the PGA license won't get in the way of what is IMO the best feature of TGC in the course creator/sharing.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I was going to buy TGC2 recently, but saw that this was announced shortly beforehand so I decided I'd just wait for this one to release... The first one was a bit rough around the edges (pun? :p) and poorly optimised, but I enjoyed it a lot. Hated the way they released a paid DLC just for a simple single player mode though, that was part of the reason I put off my purchase of 2.

I ended up buying Links 2003 digital edition with all of the additional courses for $15 instead, and it still holds up pretty well for the odd round now and again! Shame that series died...

Hopefully the PGA license won't get in the way of what is IMO the best feature of TGC in the course creator/sharing.

I bought TGC2 a while ago when it was on sale for some ridiculously cheap price. What paid DLC are you referring too? I didn't know there was any.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Same here, no interest generally in multiplayer gaming, I love AI so much.

Only time I love a bit of multiplayer at all is in Monster Hunter World where others can come in and help me get past some of these damn awkward moving too quick for my 50 year old reactions...............very very cleverly coded is that game, amazing.

Ha! My reactions are even older than yours, but I'm just an anti-social old bugger. Just ask my wife. That's why I don't do multiplayer.

I don't like the paid DLC in JNPG (or any game for that matter), and I'm not crazy about the interface, but you've convinced me to go and play that game again. I know they're working on the next version. It'll need a career mode to get me interested.

D

Deleted member 9102

I bought TGC2 a while ago when it was on sale for some ridiculously cheap price. What paid DLC are you referring too? I didn't know there was any.
I meant in TGC1 - I purchased it in Early Access on Steam, thinking that the severe lack of features (no single player career modes, bare bones character editing, lack of variety in course assets, no real time online play/matchmaking etc.) and lack of optimisation was simply due to the game not being finished, after all it was in Early Access right?...

Nope, they randomly came out of Early Access with that half a game... It was half of a fun game, with good gameplay and physics, but it felt like a bit of a letdown that they thought the game was finished in that state; without any single player modes with any sort of progression... You could just play random rounds against human ghost players/scores. The only way to play any "real time" multiplayer was to add people on Steam and directly send invites to them, very strange for a sports game released in the last 10 years...

Then a few months down the line they release this;
https://store.steampowered.com/app/353820/The_Golf_Club__Collectors_Edition_Upgrade/

A "Collectors Edition Upgrade" where the main feature is a "Season Mode"... Really? Such a basic feature in a sports game being a paid DLC? Felt like a bit of a kick in the teeth after backing it in Early Access, that they wanted paying again for something as simple as a single player mode.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My nephew is addicted to some PGA golf game, i think it's an old one that his dad used to play, but since finding it he is totally addicted:D

Let’s hope for your family’s sake he turns out to be the next Tiger Woods (on the course that is and not off it)

Users who are viewing this thread