Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I meant when in the game and in the session/day haha

Ah it says on the scorecard. 1.53pm.

Kyle Jarvis in now. It just skipped most of the middle order.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
20180602235557_1.jpg @WealeyH

I have submitted a bug report. Nobody else has seen this before?

Attachments

• 20180602233622_1.jpg
    20180602233622_1.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
This is a request but also feedback. Can we have this version of 'Batting Far' in a match? Or maybe a just a tad higher. It's great.
nxzdUtx.png

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Latest build tested for few hours again (T20) @MattW. Please don't hate me for repeating myself again lol.

Sorry guys, I might repeat the same points from last time but it's just for everyone to stay updated. I just want to make sure that everyone who is only on PS4 knows what is happening as I can understand their curiosity but since I play Ashes on both PC and PS4, I can relate to it much better.

First of all, great job again as usual.

Fixes
1) The edges were improved in previous update and I am definitely enjoying it even more now.
2) Those dropped catches are amazing as mentioned before.
3) The line and length bowled by Human bowlers is now making AI think which is what I wanted to see from a long time. It doesn't seem pre meditate now,
Example - If I bowl slow, they do get confused (specially if they loose quick wickets) and are under pressure. This is simply amazing
4) The lines bowled by AI bowlers are better
5) We do see Replays after every boundary which is back :)
6) Edges do carry to the keeper/slips which is amazing. I see that wickets are playing a big part in the gameplay.
7) Now if AI hits a ball in the air, it won't necessarily go for a six or a boundary. The odds of AI getting caught outside the circlet are a lot more which is
great to see as well :)
8) Variety of dismissals in a single game

Issues
1) Commentary issue
a) Every time if a ball bounces just in front of the fielder and if fielder misfields, commentator goes "Oh, he has dropped it" and they show a replay even if it's clearly not a catch.
b) On many occasions, the commentator goes "Did not time the ball in middle of the bat". Please fix that
c) Every time the commentator talks about field restrictions ending prior to the actual over. Ex- If restrictions end after 6 overs, commentator will announce that after 5 overs. This issue is there from a long time.
2) The animation for straight drive is still the same. (Looks like a cover drive but ball goes straight)
3) Scoop shot animation/power issues
4) Upper square cut animation looks weird. Can we add the late upper cut or something please?
5) Can we have top edges from a pull/hook/cut go for six. Haven't seen that happen yet.
6) The flick shot is going for bat pad (even on Ideal/Good timing) on many occasions. Please fix that.
7) The on side drive is a bit low on power. I personally felt that. Would like to see more people comment on that.
8) On many occasions, if there was a run out opportunity created at bowlers end, AI would throw the ball to the bowler rather than attempting a direct hit.
9) Not sure if we are getting replays for LBW's. Please take a look

Major Pending items (No updates from Big ant on that)
1) Batsmen turning back issue (going on from a long long time). Batsman is still taking time when a run is canceled on many occasions.
2) Batsmen still walks out of his crease when a ball is left
3) Commentary issues
a) When I hit a back foot pull, on few occasions the commentator goes "A back foot square cut"
b) When a new commentator is introduced, all they say is "hello, good morning" and go quiet. (They should talk a bit about the game)
This one could be an enhancement
c) Commentators must have some sort of discussions (game analysis, previous games, generic chat, cricket/non cricket related conversations) etc.

More issues to add to this

1) In a T20 game, AI needed 32 or 12 balls and AI did not attempt to hit a six, and lost the game. Please take a look. I think this bug was mentioned above somewhere to @MattW
2) A lot of stability is required for online gaming as batsmen still moves in circles (online only)[DOUBLEPOST=1527985091][/DOUBLEPOST]
More issues to add to this

1) In a T20 game, AI needed 32 or 12 balls and AI did not attempt to hit a six, and lost the game. Please take a look. I think this bug was mentioned above somewhere to @MattW
2) A lot of stability is required for online gaming as batsmen still moves in circles when they leave the ball and get stumped. (Online only)

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not getting wickets/edges in career fast bowler, anyone else facing this?

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is a request but also feedback. Can we have this version of 'Batting Far' in a match? Or maybe a just a tad higher. It's great.
nxzdUtx.png

I requested this for DBC 17 as well. The main advantage of this camera is we can make use of the side screen and watch the ball closely.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I requested this for DBC 17 as well. The main advantage of this camera is we can make use of the side screen and watch the ball closely.
This camera is such a good that we can watch the ball clearly and assess the line and length. However it is provided only in nets. I also request to MattW to give it a look in camera options or replace old far batsman cam with this new one.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I am playing a test match with veteran hard difficulty. The flick shots and leg glances hitting the pads first most of the time. Requesting MattW have a look at it and fix if possible.

D

Deleted member 46200

I am playing a test match with veteran hard difficulty. The flick shots and leg glances hitting the pads first most of the time. Requesting MattW have a look at it and fix if possible.
Would be good to see some gameplay and then the review process so we can see this in depth.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Would be good to see some gameplay and then the review process so we can see this in depth.

i agree with him everytime when i play glance or hit to 3rd man the bal hits the pads first ..

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
@MattW

Human Batting test

T20 , Hard Batting / Legend

India Manual Vs England AI

India Won the Toss And Took Batting first . And this was awesome experience Finally I feel I am on Hard mode with Legend AI . There are lots of realistic edges and You need to be expert now to Play on Hard/Hardest , Just silly miss time shots You will be penalize or lucky to safe .

I hit Slog on Straight and Cover now but more concentration needed as realistic .

one problem still I feel easy reverse sweep , Without power shot on reverse sweep it gone to regular 4s AI not changed field setting screenshot is there.

Out of 8 Wicket on mines 5 catches were in Buttler's hand , This is answer of edges need to play careful .

1- Easy reverse sweep Shots ... no field change by AI
upload_2018-6-3_15-5-29.png

2 - Types of Outs

upload_2018-6-3_15-6-27.png

3- Bowlers Stats

upload_2018-6-3_15-7-1.png

4 - Scorecard summary

upload_2018-6-3_15-7-44.png

Users who are viewing this thread