SimKit [DEFUNCT]

Nikhil1051992

School Cricketer
I have tested the sim extensively as I conducted a simulated tournament in it and I would like to point out the Pros and Cons of it:

Pros:
  1. Free to use.
  2. Easy to create and edit players.
  3. Takes into account the mentality of the players - Aggressive, Moderate and Defensive.
  4. Takes into account the playing role of the player - Pure Batsman, Pure Bowler, Batting and Bowling All-Rounders.
  5. Easy to copy scorecards and commentaries.
  6. Very easy to set up the match.
  7. Overall team ratings displayed in the menu.
  8. T20 very unpredictable with weaker teams also beating stronger ones - upsets are there.
  9. The sim engine is overall good.
  10. Very good user interface.
Cons:
  1. Decisions should be allowed to take after winning the toss - i.e., batting first or bowling first options.
  2. Cannot assign WK in the XI and hence there is no stumping.
  3. Run outs are not assigned to any fielder.
  4. No other extras other than WIDE and NOBALL, i.e., No LEGBYES and BYES.
  5. Free hits not there after NOBALL.
  6. Every game follows the same pattern of Batsmen hitting hard in 0-5 overs, slower in 5-10 overs, very slow in 10-15 overs and again start hitting in 15-20 overs. It seems like a template.
  7. Only 5 bowlers can bowl. Add options if possible to make more than 5 bowl by adding an option where we can select which bowler should bowl what over.
  8. NOBALLS should be counted in the balls faced by batsmen even though not for the whole team and this is not done.
  9. Batsmen do not score on NOBALLS, i.e., NOBALL fetches only 1 run. So no differentiation from WIDE.
  10. Batsmen get run out in the first run always. There is no 1+W or 2+W during run outs.
  11. If a batsman gets caught out, sometimes they crossover. This is not at all seen (Can be done if possible to make it more authentic).
  12. Very few chases. Team batting first usually wins. The team batting second wins only for low scores.
  13. Lots of below 120 scores by the sim which is unusual in T20
  14. Many aggressive players play slow and score 17 off 30, etc. which also is a problem sometimes.
  15. Bowling all-rounders and bowlers usually don't bat with a S/R more than 100 even if their ratings are good.
  16. Lots of hitwickets as well.
  17. The scores of batsmen who are batting should be displayed after every over ends and after the batsman's wicket falls.
  18. Pitches should play a role definitely.
  19. T20s should be batsmen's game but it is predominantly bowlers' game with most teams ending up with scores between 90 to 140 all the time and not above that.
  20. Are fielding ratings playing a role? Cos I couldn't find out the relation between the catches and the fielding rating points (correct me if I am wrong).
Having said all this, this is a really good sim and I will use it for all my tournaments from now on. Great work @aspirin. You have done a really good job. I am just pointing out the cons as I want this to be the best sim ever.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have tested the sim extensively as I conducted a simulated tournament in it and I would like to point out the Pros and Cons of it:

Pros:
  1. Free to use.
  2. Easy to create and edit players.
  3. Takes into account the mentality of the players - Aggressive, Moderate and Defensive.
  4. Takes into account the playing role of the player - Pure Batsman, Pure Bowler, Batting and Bowling All-Rounders.
  5. Easy to copy scorecards and commentaries.
  6. Very easy to set up the match.
  7. Overall team ratings displayed in the menu.
  8. T20 very unpredictable with weaker teams also beating stronger ones - upsets are there.
  9. The sim engine is overall good.
  10. Very good user interface.
Cons:
  1. Decisions should be allowed to take after winning the toss - i.e., batting first or bowling first options.
  2. Cannot assign WK in the XI and hence there is no stumping.
  3. Run outs are not assigned to any fielder.
  4. No other extras other than WIDE and NOBALL, i.e., No LEGBYES and BYES.
  5. Free hits not there after NOBALL.
  6. Every game follows the same pattern of Batsmen hitting hard in 0-5 overs, slower in 5-10 overs, very slow in 10-15 overs and again start hitting in 15-20 overs. It seems like a template.
  7. Only 5 bowlers can bowl. Add options if possible to make more than 5 bowl by adding an option where we can select which bowler should bowl what over.
  8. NOBALLS should be counted in the balls faced by batsmen even though not for the whole team and this is not done.
  9. Batsmen do not score on NOBALLS, i.e., NOBALL fetches only 1 run. So no differentiation from WIDE.
  10. Batsmen get run out in the first run always. There is no 1+W or 2+W during run outs.
  11. If a batsman gets caught out, sometimes they crossover. This is not at all seen (Can be done if possible to make it more authentic).
  12. Very few chases. Team batting first usually wins. The team batting second wins only for low scores.
  13. Lots of below 120 scores by the sim which is unusual in T20
  14. Many aggressive players play slow and score 17 off 30, etc. which also is a problem sometimes.
  15. Bowling all-rounders and bowlers usually don't bat with a S/R more than 100 even if their ratings are good.
  16. Lots of hitwickets as well.
  17. The scores of batsmen who are batting should be displayed after every over ends and after the batsman's wicket falls.
  18. Pitches should play a role definitely.
  19. T20s should be batsmen's game but it is predominantly bowlers' game with most teams ending up with scores between 90 to 140 all the time and not above that.
  20. Are fielding ratings playing a role? Cos I couldn't find out the relation between the catches and the fielding rating points (correct me if I am wrong).
Having said all this, this is a really good sim and I will use it for all my tournaments from now on. Great work @aspirin. You have done a really good job. I am just pointing out the cons as I want this to be the best sim ever.

Thanks. Much appreciated. I can't promise a quick fix but it will be looked at for sure.

Nikhil1051992

School Cricketer
Thanks. Much appreciated. I can't promise a quick fix but it will be looked at for sure.
No need of a quick fix. Take your time. I know you do it out of your passion for cricket and nothing else. Plus you will also have your time constraints as your would be working as well. Just wanted to bring it to your notice. But I am definitely beta testing whatever updates you release. The sim is very good and very promising. So thanks a lot for that.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
after long time, i used simkit for timepass... i must say, it giving some good results according to the ratings... if this sim had 2 more option, than it will rocks in cricket league section for sure...
2 option which i wish this had it... (1) option to re-simulate 2nd innings only along with already added re-sim full match... (2) more than 5 bowlers bowl in a innings (hope this option come back soon...

@asprin

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
So I've purchased back the domain. Looking for a good web host now. Those who have experience in that area, what do you recommend?

My wants are not big:

• Affordable (around 3k INR per year)
  • Good customer support
  • Reliable uptime

So far I've looked at HostingRaja and HostPapa. Both have mixed reviews online.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
So I've purchased back the domain. Looking for a good web host now. Those who have experience in that area, what do you recommend?

My wants are not big:

• Affordable (around 3k INR per year)
  • Good customer support
  • Reliable uptime

So far I've looked at HostingRaja and HostPapa. Both have mixed reviews online.
Hostinger or Hostigator? Both are great imo.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Hostinger or Hostigator? Both are great imo.
Hostinger or Hostginger? The names are too similar

Hostgator seems like a popular choice because it's the cheapest but I'm not sure if the support would be that good.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hostinger or Hostginger? The names are too similar

Hostgator seems like a popular choice because it's the cheapest but I'm not sure if the support would be that good.
Hostinger, it is.

I've at some point tried both of them and the support was just awesome (maybe 4 yrs ago). Don't know about the current situation. You got to read the reviews for them.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Awardspace, cheap and really on point. I got it for $1 a year during sale. Also if your usage is between

• One website
  • 1 GB Web space
  • 5 GB Monthly traffic
  • 1 Email account
  • 1 MySQL Database
  • PHP 5 / 7
  • 24 x 7 Support
  • See full features
You can get a free account lifetime :)

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Awardspace, cheap and really on point. I got it for $1 a year during sale. Also if your usage is between

• One website
  • 1 GB Web space
  • 5 GB Monthly traffic
  • 1 Email account
  • 1 MySQL Database
  • PHP 5 / 7
  • 24 x 7 Support
  • See full features
You can get a free account lifetime :)
Free and Basic plans do not have SSH :( It is something which I want to use down the future so let me see if I can afford the next best option which would around 4.2K INR per year if I'm not wrong.

Hostinger, it is.
Let me check it out

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its on sale right now which means you get a paid server with full features at 172 rupees a year

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Its on sale right now which means you get a paid server with full features at 172 rupees a year
172/year? Did I read that right? Could you link me to it? I can't seem to find it.

Users who are viewing this thread