Votes: 31 25.2%

• Total voters

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I read on a new strip that South Africa is going to host a home series against Pakistan this year. Been a long while since Pakistan toured South Africa for a Full Series. Moreover, More test matches more practice for our players. Pakistan tour fairly larger compared to other Foreign tours.

Yep, December onwards this year. So excited to play Australia, England and South Africa within 6 months - was getting tired of us playing Sri Lanka and West Indies. This will be a proper test for Sarfaraz and the team.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Yep, December onwards this year. So excited to play Australia, England and South Africa within 6 months - was getting tired of us playing Sri Lanka and West Indies. This will be a proper test for Sarfaraz and the team.

Sounds like great preparation for the World Cup then :) England is kind of our second home ground. Lots of Pakistani community as well as we are T20 and CT Champions there. Our record is always great there.

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Pakistan field their first XI against the 'mighty' Kent. Abbas, Saad and Usman should've played.

Attachments

• 6ff49b73-7883-44a9-8a5a-e9ca2e4fbc5a.jpg
    6ff49b73-7883-44a9-8a5a-e9ca2e4fbc5a.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 8

Salman.

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Imam scores a 50. Very confident guy. Doesn't let the "nephew" thing get the better of him.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
So Pakistan 168 all out in Day 1 against Kent.

Hopefully they'll perform better when they'll play against England.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
So they drop Fawad Alam because Saad Ali has been the better this season, yet they don't play him in any of the games. Logic?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/23433022/abdul-razzaq-make-comeback-aged-38

Don't know how I feel about this news. On one hand, I love Razzaq and what he has done for the game. Don't know how successful he will be.

Don't want him to tarnish his reputation over playing the PSL

Nostalgic News... Specially that shot of Afridi and Razzaq there in the Article...

Razzaq has given so much to the country. However, Knowing media and fans, If he performed really well in PSL/Domestic. He can be called back again for the side. Never say never here... However, I think He should put more focus on his coaching role with PSL rather than holding his bat one more time as a player.

Someone should catch-up Misbah and scold him for making himself a benchmark for all 38 to 40 plus players. It seems like every other ageing Pakistani player gives Misbah example.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Someone should catch-up Misbah and scold him for making himself a benchmark for all 38 to 40 plus players. It seems like every other ageing Pakistani player gives Misbah example.

It has become obvious that it takes a lot more than age to be successful in T20's. Although Islamabad won the league, Misbah was the worst batsman in their side, luckily he released that early and rarely batted.

It is unlikely to be the case with Abdul Razzaq. At the end of his career, he was bowling at late 120/ early 130 plus the lack of cricket is likely to affect his batting ability. Let's wait and see though! I might end up eating my words.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
It has become obvious that it takes a lot more than age to be successful in T20's. Although Islamabad won the league, Misbah was the worst batsman in their side, luckily he released that early and rarely batted.

It is unlikely to be the case with Abdul Razzaq. At the end of his career, he was bowling at late 120/ early 130 plus the lack of cricket is likely to affect his batting ability. Let's wait and see though! I might end up eating my words.

Don't forget he has played the old players masters tournament as well in Dubai three years back.
Its a bit late decision from him. If he is really 38, then he could have tried to start his run earlier in PSL when he was 36...

I think Razzaq seriously believes that It was Waqar Younis who destroyed his career earlier than it was supposed to. I think what has happend has happend. Its good to see though Razzaq says that coming to the International side isn't his aim and if he considers himself good fit for PSL, He should try it.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
A little worried about the line-up that Pakistan will support against the major sides. Its all well and good having a bits and pieces team against Zim because they're a depleted side themselves - but there will be no mercy when playing against India, Bangladesh and even Afghanistan later in the year.

Current XI:
1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Imam-ul-Haq
3. Babar Azam
4. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
5. Shoaib Malik
6. Asif Ali
7. Faheem Ashraf
8. Shadab Khan
9. Hasan Ali
10. Mohammad Amir
11. Usman Khan

The biggest worry with this line-up is that (a) Imam doesn't seem ready for quality sides yet. All the games so far he has started slowly with multiple maidens early on. I don't want him to add more pressure on Fakhar Zaman. But we don't really have anyone else at the top to support Fakhar (b) Our tail is way too long. After Shoaib Malik we come to an inexperienced tail. Asif Ali, although he has been decent so far, has no domestic record to support his talent and even in the PSL he was a little hit and miss. Better sides wouldn't pitch it up as often as Zimbabwe did to him and he clearly isn't interested in picking up quick twos. (c) Faheem and Shadab may be quality prospects but they're batting is a little worrying for the finishing role.

My advice would be to either - bring in an extra batsman (maybe even Hafeez because he has a stellar record in the UAE and the ball doesn't swing much at all) and play him just after Shoaib Malik instead of a third seamer (Amir being the weaker in the cohort at the moment). We don't need four-seamers in a line-up especially when the Asia Cup will be played on dusty wickets.

OR Bring Sarfaraz to his 6th slot and bring in the likes of Haris Sohail at 4.

Note: Plus Imad Wasim might come back in the near future after his concussion in the Karachi Kings. Would putting him in the lower order with the knowledge that he is a much better batsman be a better solution for Pakistan?

My Line-up for Pakistan in the Asia Cup:
1. Fakhar Zaman
2. Imam-ul-Haq
3. Babar Azam
4. Mohammad Hafeez
5. Sarfaraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
6. Shoaib Malik
7. Asif Ali
8. Shadab Khan
9. Faheem Ashraf
10. Hasan Ali
11. Usman Khan Shinwari / Mohammad Amir

Subs: Haris Sohail/ Junaid Khan/ Hussain Talat

Two quality seamers, Faheem Ashraf in the middle overs, Hafeez to throttle the batting and get an economical 7-10 overs, Shadab for some attacking leg spin and Malik as the 6th option with Fakhar to roll his arm if needed. Finally, our batting is more potent and longer than before. Going all the way down to 10 (Hasan Ali has a half-century against NZ in ODI's). The perfect blend of experience, youth and an attacking team with a finisher in Asif Ali and Malik.

Users who are viewing this thread