International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fully agree with you but it comes down to Sarfaraz not wanting to add further pressure on himself. This innings was decent but let's not forget the pitch was flat as hell and Scottish bowlers were a little off as well. We have already seen his batting deteriorate heavily because of the captaincy. If you add him as an opener in ODI in place of the likes of Ahmed Shehzad you can position an extra genuine batsmen lower down the order that provides better support to the tail and can clear the boundary at will - the likes of Aamir Yamin comes to mind (although I would rather look for a genuine batsmen rather than allrounder).
I think Pakistan have a wealth of allrounders/ big hitter they can play in Sarfraz's place down the order. If Sarfraz bats either 4 or 5 it can keep Hafeez out and strengthen the middle order. Don't know if Hussein Talat can bat down the order but there's always options for Pakistan. Probably Sarfraz doesn't want to put pressure on himself as you said, but I feel it would benefit Pak if he were to bat 4 or 5.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Scotland fell flat in the second T20. Great overall team performance by Pakistan.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shoaib Malik should get lot of appreciation here. What I have observed is, in most of the matches when the score is low, he will come down the order and help Pakistan reach a very good total. He has been batting really well down the order.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
Shoaib Malik should get lot of appreciation here. What I have observed is, in most of the matches when the score is low, he will come down the order and help Pakistan reach a very good total. He has been batting really well down the order.
The current equivalent of Misbah-Ul-Haq?

Users who are viewing this thread