TENNIS AO Tennis Career Progress

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
It would be good to hear about how people are progressing in their careers.

I'm probably way behind others. I'm still in my first year (a wee lad of 17), and I just won the Bergamo Challenger event. I'm ranked 223, but rising.

I may have made a mistake by resting after that, and training, as this week all that is available are F1 and F2 events. Oh well, at least I can enter my first grass court event.

Now that we have mid-game saves, I should be able to play more though.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Started a new Star player career with Djokovic on veteran. Have made one final and a few semis. Dropped down to fifth in the rankings with my poor showing. But I have made it to the semis of Wimbledon where I will face Lucas Pouille. I am also the highest ranked player left in the draw. In the other semi it's Cilic vs Kyrgios

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If you change attributes/appearance of created players after career has started do the changes affect current career or do you need to start new career ?

Same questions for venues/stadiums ?

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
If you change attributes/appearance of created players after career has started do the changes affect current career or do you need to start new career ?

Same questions for venues/stadiums ?
For players you do but stadium changes don't

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Sorry you mean must start new career to see player changes ?
Yeah sorry that wasn't clear. Players do not reflect in old career whereas stadiums reflect immediately. Even in the middle of a tournament

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I may have made a mistake by resting after that, and training, as this week all that is available are F1 and F2 events. Oh well, at least I can enter my first grass court event.
In case it's not obvious - you can cycle through future weeks on the Select Next Event screen. That will let you preview what's coming up so you can better schedule resting or training.

If you select an event in a future week it will progress the calendar to that point - and if you select a future event in a different region, you will do the travel the week before the event, meaning you won't have any initial fatigue from travel when starting a tournament.

lewismufc

School Cricketer
Took on the challenge of starting as a new player with no rank......it's quite the grind down in the futures level. Currently around 990 after 6 events but made the Final and Semis of my last 2.

How long has that taken you so far in real time? Trying to figure out where I should start my player with limited playing time.

D

Dutch

How long has that taken you so far in real time? Trying to figure out where I should start my player with limited playing time.
I have one set matches at this stage of my career!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nard2020

Club Captain
3 days- i played 5 events the first day, 1 event the second day and 1 event the 3rd day.....as of that post i won my first event and am now ranked in the top 850. But from no rank, to 850 you could probably do it in a day, as i'm not playing very much daily.

D

Deleted member 46200

Took on the challenge of starting as a new player with no rank......it's quite the grind down in the futures level. Currently around 990 after 6 events but made the Final and Semis of my last 2.
Me too and oh my do I suck... But every winner and game won feels like a major victory.[DOUBLEPOST=1529500627][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have one set matches at this stage of my career!
Are you playing from ground up or as a star player?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England

I've played 27 3-set matches, and I have a lofty ranking of 182. I've won most of my sets 6-2 or 6-3. They usually take me about 15 minutes each set. That sounds easy, but it takes a lot of concentration and strategy.

D

Deleted member 46200

I've played 27 3-set matches, and I have a lofty ranking of 182. I've won most of my sets 6-2 or 6-3. They usually take me about 15 minutes each set. That sounds easy, but it takes a lot of concentration and strategy.
I have to agree, I have reigned praise on Mike as the core mechanics are very good... My attitude is the same for Ashes cricket but it's just little problems keeping this away from top prize. Just won my first futures event and I was chuffed... Just when you work so hard for a winner!

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm a keen tennis fan, how good is this game?, is it recommended now as I gather it started off being hammered. Is it now a stunning cross court forehand for a winner or a limp wristed backhand way outside the tramlines?

Users who are viewing this thread