TENNIS Full Ace Tennis

D

Dutch

This is where mo-cap would help, those little details like that can easily be acted out to look natural in mo-cap but are painstaking and require a lot of skill to not look robotic when animated by hand.

I know the developer has been toying with the idea of investing in some mo-cap equipment, but it's pretty expensive. The more people back the game, the more chance we have of things like that being possible to bring the little details like that up to a better standard.

About the "oversized feet" - I was just wondering whether you thought the 3D model was wrong or whether a particular camera angle/animation causes the feet to look "off".
Its mainly When you serve I think.....will have another look!

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I'd say it's mostly that camera angle at times that makes the feet look big, to be fair your player in general looks quite large depending how close the camera is to the baseline. I've started using the camera from both ends, it can be a bit awkward serving from the far end though.

D

Dutch

This is exciting news from the developer:

"There will be a small update soon. The big update with animation modding will hopefully be released before Wimbledon, but can't guarantee."

and it's 25% off in the Steam summer sale!
This game has masses of potential it really does.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Recent update has definitely added to the challenge of the game, finally broke a 3 game losing streak though. Good timing given I've just entered my first grand slam at Roland Garros, through to the second round in straight sets 7-6, 6-3, 7-6... made hard work of what should of been a comfortable match

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excited for the next update which will include a way to mod animations. Though still tentative, it is expected around the time Wimbledon starts.

JoeS31

County Cricketer
Been playing a lot of AO, TWT and FA the last couple of weeks. Must admit, after initially enjoying AO, the issues it currently has are putting me off going anywhere near it at the moment. I'm even siding towards TWT in terms of gameplay and as we all know, that game is a broken mess. Then comes Full Ace, the saviour! Nails gameplay perfectly and with animation mods coming very soon it will only become even better. Hopefully they can get it onto console later this year, it would put the other 2 games to shame in their current state.

D

Deleted member 46200

Been playing a lot of AO, TWT and FA the last couple of weeks. Must admit, after initially enjoying AO, the issues it currently has are putting me off going anywhere near it at the moment. I'm even siding towards TWT in terms of gameplay and as we all know, that game is a broken mess. Then comes Full Ace, the saviour! Nails gameplay perfectly and with animation mods coming very soon it will only become even better. Hopefully they can get it onto console later this year, it would put the other 2 games to shame in their current state.
Thanks Joe for that very well put and great to hear from someone who holds all the aces (sorry) but please keep feeding back when able.

Love the pic and thanks for that x

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

The developer is planning console releases, last time I spoke with him he had recently got his Xbox dev-kit. I think Xbox will likely come first, I don't expect it to be this year though.

D

Deleted member 46200

The developer is planning console releases, last time I spoke with him he had recently got his Xbox dev-kit. I think Xbox will likely come first, I don't expect it to be this year though.
Are console releases done at the same time and... Question (all) what do we feel this game offers that the other two don't... ?

Users who are viewing this thread