Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I

Didn't you want Maxwell dropped?
Also there is no way you could have seen it coming either, this was his first 50 for the ODI team in 18 months. He was basically begging to be dropped. You and I both know that Glenn Maxwell is way too inconsistent to be a regular in the odi team. It's great when's he comes good but 16 50's in 82 ODIs. Really mate?

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Also there is no way you could have seen it coming either, this was his first 50 for the ODI team in 18 months. He was basically begging to be dropped. You and I both know that Glenn Maxwell is way too inconsistent to be a regular in the odi team. It's great when's he comes good but 16 50's in 82 ODIs. Really mate?
Confidence is key, confidence brings players out of a lack of form. Also you can't drop one of the most experience players in a squad lacking experience.[DOUBLEPOST=1528954454][/DOUBLEPOST]
I disagree. If you want the best out of Maxwell, you want to give him the confidence. Langer has said he has been a beast in the nets, in their little practice game against themselves, He was "man of the match". Let him play the first and second game. I'd play D'Arcy for the first couple of games as well, you want your players to believe you believe in them.
I called it. @JalenBabb

Last edited:

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Neser stiff but I guess make sense with wanting to balance the team Also aussies look in trouble bowling been a bit ordinary[DOUBLEPOST=1529144517][/DOUBLEPOST]stanlake big out

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Wouldn't it be great if NCN and James Pattinson were brought back in the odi team with the absence of the big 3. Kane Richardson is awful and I haven't seen him do anything for a long time now. Sad that NCN and Pattinson are always injured though

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Wouldn't it be great if NCN and James Pattinson were brought back in the odi team with the absence of the big 3. Kane Richardson is awful and I haven't seen him do anything for a long time now. Sad that NCN and Pattinson are always injured though
Well done!

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Strange how both decisions at the toss have gone the OPPOSITIONS way. First, we win the toss and bat first ,bowled out for 214. Now we win and bowl first, 101-1 after 16. Now who doesn't love that?

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Very disappointing to see a 5 time World Cup winning team fall so quickly in the ODI circuit. Just in 2016 we were the no.1 ODI team. 2 wins in 17 is unacceptable for a team rated as highly as Australia

Last edited:

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very disappointing to see a 5 time World Cup winning team fall so quickly in the ODI circuit. Just in 2016 we were the no.1 ODI team. 2 wins in 17 is unacceptable for a team rated as highly as Australia
I think one of the keys to Australia's failures is because of their middle order and a quality spinner. Aus have a wealth of excellent fast bowlers, but they haven't found a reliable spinner. Finch and Warner were settled at the top, Head and Finch doesn't seem so bad. But it's the middle order. Australia had Smith, Clarke, Bailey, Watson and Maxwell who formed the cream of the batting lineup. But after the World Cup, it's only gotten shakier and it's an area that hurts the Aussie team.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I think one of the keys to Australia's failures is because of their middle order and a quality spinner. Aus have a wealth of excellent fast bowlers, but they haven't found a reliable spinner. Finch and Warner were settled at the top, Head and Finch doesn't seem so bad. But it's the middle order. Australia had Smith, Clarke, Bailey, Watson and Maxwell who formed the cream of the batting lineup. But after the World Cup, it's only gotten shakier and it's an area that hurts the Aussie team.
2015's side had a wealth of experience with some youth that was on the benchmark aswell. I like Mitch Marsh and Stoinis at 5 and 6. Both can play a steady innings and can finish them strongly aswell. You're spot on about the spinner, we've havent really had a quality spinner in limited overs cricket for a long time, even in the World Cup the main spinners were Xavier Doherty and Maxwell. Finch has also spent his entire odi career at the top, don't know why JL tried to shuffle I think around. Players like Alex Carey also deserve a chance at no.3, in England he batting 7 which is way to low for him because he is actually a proper batsman and a good keeper. Like I said before odi and t20's need a good batsman who can keep a bit unlike in test cricket where teams go for a strong wicket keeper and relatively weaker batsman like Tim Paine. Agar is kind of like Doherty aswell in bowling terms, doesn't really spin the ball and relies on flight, difference with Agar is, he can bat. Shane Watson was a real gift, don't know why he was hated so much. Shane Watson could bat at 1,3 or 6. Perfect. Mitch Marsh is a good replacement for him I think, averages a steady 36 and can anchor an innings when required if the top order fall quickly and can bowl a handy 6-7 overs if required. Stoinis and Maxwell should definitely be used as finishers in this weaker team, Tim Paine cannot be used as a finisher because he isn't a power player. I really hope this team finds a steady XI for this World Cup before we get embarassed.

Sorry for the long message

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Nobody now bats an eye to these high scoring flat pitches in England. If this was so consistent among sub continent pitches, they would have been criticized.

Users who are viewing this thread