Introductions

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
At the risk of patronising everyone on the forum I thought I would post some internet safety guidelines, mainly aimed at younger members, but applicable to everyone.

1. How well do you know who you are talking to?

Anyone can pretend to be anyone else on the internet; any name, any age, any gender, any location. Just because someone has posted here for a while or even is on your MSN it doesn't mean that you know who they are.

2. Keep personal information safe.

Personal information includes your name (definitely your surname), where you live, your school, your sports club, your mobile number, your e-mail address, your password. It also includes pictures of you. Based on what some people have posted it would have been possible to turn up at their school or front door with a photo of them in your hand.

3. Once you've posted it anyone can read it.

This isn't a closed community. Absolutely anyone has access to information about you and pictures of you once you post it on this forum. Not just your friends on the forum, not just the forum members, absolutely everyone who uses the internet.

As a final comment, I know that I have posted pictures of myself, revealed my surname, location and profession (although not where I work or live) and that might seem hypocritical. All I will say is that these are guidelines which are especially important for minors due to the kinds of people that use the internet. At Planetcricket we advise all members to take their privacy seriously but also believe that once someone is an adult the decision is up to them.
We don't believe this about under-18s. We think you have a responsibility to keep yourselves safe and to take this seriously.
Just have to add this here in the introductions thread. The intend is not to scare new members away, but more of an alarm to new and old members alike to be careful who you trust on the internet. Sharing your personal details and intimate thoughts to a random stranger is just super risky. And you may never know when the old secret you shared some time ago might come back to bite you in the behind :D

Winter

Banned
Profile Flag
England
Hi everyone

I have played both DBC14 & DBC17, believed 14 was brilliant and the most rewarding with 17 adding some new exciting features to the franchise.
As for Ashes Cricket hoping to buy this month or even next month, I’m literally broke ATM living off Super Noodles isn’t funny anymore.

Am not new to forums BTW and what do I like the most? Reading the funny posts.

D

Deleted member 46200

Hi everyone

I have played both DBC14 & DBC17, believed 14 was brilliant and the most rewarding with 17 adding some new exciting features to the franchise.
As for Ashes Cricket hoping to buy this month or even next month, I’m literally broke ATM living off Super Noodles isn’t funny anymore.

Welcome to the forum Winter... Although I hope summer warms your toes soon and you find a more rewarding financial situation also.

Caz x

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi everyone

Welcome. :)

Users who are viewing this thread