Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If there is a next iteration from @BigAntStudios I would definitely wait for 6months or so and get.

D

Deleted member 185125

If there is a next iteration from @BigAntStudios I would definitely wait for 6months or so and get.
Definitely dont mind BA doing abother one next year. If there is one, would hope it's on a new engine. Cos these bugs carry forward from previous games is kinda sad to see.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The biggest work that BA will have to do for a WC game is get a WC mode in game. They have none after 3 iterations where you play WC at one country. Also even if they are in works of a WC game (1 year to the WC now) as someone mentioned, they need to start fresh with a different approach. They have mo-caps now what to do with that? They have play scan face stuff for other game what do with it? The in game stadium creator saw no change in 2 iterations, a lot of questions. Also for a WC game they need their ODI engine to be as tight as how the test engine plays out now. ODI and t20 is a little struggle but fun nevertheless.

Just a question, even if they are in works of a WC game, who owns the WC squad license? ICC or each individual board? Like can Indian licensed squad be in game if ICC approves it?

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Definitely dont mind BA doing abother one next year. If there is one, would hope it's on a new engine. Cos these bugs carry forward from previous games is kinda sad to see.

so you means that they havent used next engin sofar ?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Guys are we giving up on this game already ? Have we concluded that @BigAntStudios has stopped bug fixing Ashes Cricket ?

We started discussing about the next iteration.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Guys, give them some time. I think they are working on AO Tennis simultaneously as well. I am sure that @MattW confirmed that they are working on major issues (online gameplay, stats etc.) Just be patient and let them get back to us with updates. Don't come up with a conclusion!! Thanks

Shadowplayer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not seeing pitch degradation is the only real downside now to me, it's a shame but seems very tricky for them to put right, would love to be batting on a real pig of a pitch late into day 5.

D

Deleted member 46200

Not seeing pitch degradation is the only real downside now to me, it's a shame but seems very tricky for them to put right, would love to be batting on a real pig of a pitch late into day 5.
Pitch degradation would be good and a couple of other items but I only play t20 as I feel Ashes cricket doesn't deliver a good first class experience but that's my opinion (although possibly 100% of females that post about this game here).

grkrama

National Board President
I feel Ashes cricket doesn't deliver a good first class experience but that's my opinion
Have you played the game with latest patch and this opinion is formed based on that?

Test cricket is were the game shines the most imo. There are issues and niggles here and there but probably the best test experience so far.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's not perfect, but it's the best reflection of cricket I have seen before.

Strange, I just loaded up a test match on a 4th day pitch and can see a big crack outside the batsman's off stump, going to about a meter or two in front of him. Not sure that was there before. It's subtle, like the camera doesn't pick it up far away.

Users who are viewing this thread