LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If it was my choice he wouldn't be anywhere near the team. Sadly we have to deal with this garbage until we either get Bailey back in, give Mitch Marsh a go when he recovers because he lead WA to the JLT One Day Cup trophy and was a brilliant captain or we wait til Smith is given the captaincy back which is sadly not going to happen in time for the CWC.
Bailey is good choice. It's on CA how they want to approach further and the CWC 19. If Mitch Marsh is that good of a captain. He'll have enough time for himself to establish and the team till the CWC 19.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bailey is good choice. It's on CA how they want to approach further and the CWC 19. If Mitch Marsh is that good of a captain. He'll have enough time for himself to establish and the team till the CWC 19.
I think the one thing that holds Bailey back form being in the Aus team is he's old. I think CA want to look towards selecting talented, young players that can serve Australia for years to come. Bailey would have to miss out on the back of this logic. And Mitch Marsh isn't an awful idea for captain. He's come back stronger in the last few months, he can definitely would do good for the team. And he will have a bit less than a year to assemble this team together.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
E.g. of his bad decisions at toss. 3rd odi had an absolute road mate, he sends his relatively weaker attack knowing that England has a very strong batting line up and will go hard. Another example of bad captaincy is playing an aggressive field with 2 slips almost 10 overs in when England got off to an absolute cracker of a start. When he could have set fields to dampen the run scoring and try to prevent boundaries. Which would put them under pressure. Besides the 3rd odi, the other 2 games he also picked the wrong decision in both games.
He is supposed to be our finisher as he bats at 6-7-8. His SR is 70. If you watched the Gilette ODI series over here last summer. We needed over a run a ball 30-40 I think and Paine, not new at the crease could not find the boundary. He put too much pressure on Stoinis and the run rate kept going up and up. Stoinis went after one when the run rate was too high and he got out. Paine still couldn't find the boundary. In the end we lost. Someone batting 7-8 who is supposed to be a keeper batsman should have a SR of 83-90. Also in this series where his team needed him and the top order failed in the 1st and 3rd odi, he reserve sweeps one to the fielder with no power behind it when his team was struggling and needed a captain's knock. 3rd odi he plays a long hop straight to a fielder with also no power behind it and gets caught no where near the boundary.
I asked for a example of a captain dropping himself. But you know, what can we do.

Prequel

User Title Purchaser
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
Good step in the right direction that game was. The top 3 piled about 260 runs. But the problem's that Australia could not finish the job. This has been a problem even when Smith was captain. Huge opening into a game, then drop the chance and then lose.

D

Deleted member 46200

I asked for a example of dropping himself. But you know, what can we do.
Well... How about standing in front of the mirror and slag himself off... You can't bat... You can't catch... You're terrible... Bad men very bad man... You're not playing... I'M NOT PLAYING... MUMMY!!!

Kind of like that you were thinking... (Lost in translation me thinks) x

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I asked for a example of a captain dropping himself. But you know, what can we do.
I remember one that didn't happen in international cricket but the IPL. Gautam Gambhir resigned from captaincy and made himself up to be dropped when DD were losing. A captain can't drop himself, they'll have to resign in order to be dropped. Perhaps Paine will do something like this if Aus keep losing.

D

Deleted member 46200

I remember one that didn't happen in international cricket but the IPL. Gautam Gambhir resigned from captaincy and made himself up to be dropped when DD were losing. A captain can't drop himself, they'll have to resign in order to be dropped. Perhaps Paine will do something like this if Aus keep losing.
I think I like my idea best... But then stepping aside before being pushed is always more favourable x

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
I think I like my idea best... But then stepping aside before being pushed is always more favourable x
What was your idea?

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
I hit the sack when Marsh posted his second ton for the series. It was a hugely improved batting performance .. but we were at least 50 short due to slow scoring. How did they allow part timer Root to only conceded 40+ runs? The newly recruited quicks.. specially Stanlake have been very disappointing. Jhye Richardson too would not be all that pleased with his international debut in the enemy's den. Quicks could be excused tho as these tracks have been roads. Finally..I wanna give Nine a huge raspberry for not replaying the matches.

Last edited:

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I hit the sack when Marsh posted his second ton for the series. It was a hugely improved batting performance .. but we were at least 50 short due to slow scoring. How did they allow part timer Root to only conceded 40+ runs? The newly recruited quicks.. specially Stanlake have been very disappointing. Jhye Richardson too would not be all that pleased with his international debut in the enemy's den. Quicks could be excused as these tracks have been roads. Finally..I wanna give Nine a huge raspberry for not replaying the matches.
True, Lyon wasn't as effective as I thought he would have been but Ashton bowled really well in my opinion. Englands spinners have completely outclassed ours.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
True, Lyon wasn't as effective as I thought he would have been but Ashton bowled really well in my opinion. Englands spinners have completely outclassed ours.

Lyon bowled really well. Paine used him in 1st poweplay, that's why he was expensive. Although, he got the wicket of Jason Roy. Lyon is good choice against weaker opposition, like SA,NZ.But, right now England will not give him upper hand. They are in a different zone.

Agar is doing really well. He is a star, Langer will guide him for sure.

Mijurkat

Mystery Monarch
India
CSK
Islamabad
Sydney Thunder
Southern Brave
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I hit the sack when Marsh posted his second ton for the series. It was a hugely improved batting performance .. but we were at least 50 short due to slow scoring. How did they allow part timer Root to only conceded 40+ runs? The newly recruited quicks.. specially Stanlake have been very disappointing. Jhye Richardson too would not be all that pleased with his international debut in the enemy's den. Quicks could be excused as these tracks have been roads. Finally..I wanna give Nine a huge raspberry for not replaying the matches.

Langer and team Australia need SWOT analysis. This Australia limited over side is good, but bowling is bit awkward.

Gopal123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Nepal
Wow eng pitches don't have swing as they used to be. IF eng and ind bat on this flat pitches then every match will be 400+(If eng play spin duo well)

Users who are viewing this thread