TENNIS AO Tennis

D

Dutch

So following on: the game feels much more challenging, more varied, I cant just rely on the same tactics each time....just got broken after an epic battle at 4-4 and am trailing 5-4 with him serving for the match and I have hardly managed to really dent him on his serve....making me really think what i need to do....its great to see that your shot placement for each and every ball now has a real consequence...get it wrong and you will get punished.....

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So following on: the game feels much more challenging, more varied, I cant just rely on the same tactics each time....just got broken after an epic battle at 4-4 and am trailing 5-4 with him serving for the match and I have hardly managed to really dent him on his serve....making me really think what i need to do....its great to see that your shot placement for each and every ball now has a real consequence...get it wrong and you will get punished.....
I'm tired of getting punished, I just want to win!!!!!

D

Deleted member 46200

I'm tired of getting punished, I just want to win!!!!!
upload_2018-6-22_8-32-44.png

You need to practice more and play to your strengths, I bet the new patch makes things a bit more 'competative' x

Last edited by a moderator:

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
Guys I am really impressed with how BA are patching this game, just wondering (and this isn't a complaint) what's actually involved in changing the ball off the racket sound? Is it complicated? Many thanks

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Guys I am really impressed with how BA are patching this game, just wondering (and this isn't a complaint) what's actually involved in changing the ball off the racket sound? Is it complicated? Many thanks
There are a few things involved in it, in terms of making sure any change sits within the rest of the environment sounds, so that does take a bit of time. There's also the patch size consideration, changes to sound will require a lot of asset rebuilds, meaning a big patch, didn't want to do it to you guys so soon after the last one. But we will need to bite the bullet soon.

JoeS31

County Cricketer
Just set my career settings to veteran difficulty for the first time. Post patch. Few points:

The difficulty at the start of every match resets to rookie, forcing me to always change it at the start of the match. A new issue I have noticed.

As I say, first time playing on veteran, I won 7-6 6-4, the AI only made 5 unforced errors throughout. I know it has to be harder but that’s just an unrealistic amount for a player rated 58.

During that match, sadly I accidentally discovered the way of how to serve an ace almost every time. Definitely needs fixing.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just set my career settings to veteran difficulty for the first time. Post patch. Few points:

The difficulty at the start of every match resets to rookie, forcing me to always change it at the start of the match. A new issue I have noticed.

As I say, first time playing on veteran, I won 7-6 6-4, the AI only made 5 unforced errors throughout. I know it has to be harder but that’s just an unrealistic amount for a player rated 58.

During that match, sadly I accidentally discovered the way of how to serve an ace almost every time. Definitely needs fixing.

If you can get in touch with [email protected] then we'll patch the exploit out.

As to sound above - we've heard the message load and clear, it will be soon improved.

Joe Bloggs

School Cricketer
There are a few things involved in it, in terms of making sure any change sits within the rest of the environment sounds, so that does take a bit of time. There's also the patch size consideration, changes to sound will require a lot of asset rebuilds, meaning a big patch, didn't want to do it to you guys so soon after the last one. But we will need to bite the bullet soon.

From my experience people only seem to complain about a big patch when it's big for no reason, in other words a big patch that does not actually make much/any real improvement, I'm sure the majority (myself included) would gladly download a larger patch if it finally fixed the awful ball/net sounds that have been in the game since release, as I mentioned in my previous post I've stopped playing AOIT until this fix is finally made because it truly ruins the feel of the different shots in the game when the sound is so wrong, so personally it really bothers me and stops me enjoying the gameplay to it's fullest.

Joe Bloggs

School Cricketer
If you can get in touch with [email protected] then we'll patch the exploit out.

As to sound above - we've heard the message load and clear, it will be soon improved.

Delighted you've heard the message loud & clear about the sound:thumbs

How about improving the clay court surface so it changes throughout a match instead of just looking like an orange coloured hard court, is that on the list of upcoming improvements? Thanks

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Hi Mike

only played a short while with new patch but early impressions I am really pleased. The net aggressiveness setting is a game changer for me. I am just experimenting with best values for certain players but it looks so much more realistic

Like fact less drop shots by AI

More errors by AI by hitting long :p

AI serving more evenly distributed between out wide and down the T (is this placebo or am I right ?)

I am sure I will pick up on things I don't like as much but game is so much better now

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Can someone explain how is working the automatic download in Career mode ?
Essentially, the game will automatically do a search on the academy for a created venue that matches the location, country and court type of a career event.

If it gets a match, and you haven't already got something else downloaded that also matches, it will then download that stadium and use it for that tournament.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think now would be a good time to buy this game. Seeing you all discuss this game, I AM SOLD!

Users who are viewing this thread