Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@mikeymerren I think I found a new issue with the community when downloading. I uploaded all my players. Deleted them and the logos and redownloaded them and every logo was duplicated each time I downloaded a new player. So instead of saving space it took way more space.

Hope that makes sense.

Nard2020

Club Captain
There is no ATP or WTA licencing.... End of!

But there issssss...... 8 ATP guys and 12 WTA women.........[DOUBLEPOST=1529797165][/DOUBLEPOST]Another question, the foundation and core of the gameplay seems to be solid, other than sound fixes....are there any other "big" updates planned? Or is it just pretty much additions, content and details from here on out? This game has had a drastic and tremendous change since January.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There's a reason that no modern sports game has all of the individual licenses unless it is controlled by a central body where players have given up their moral rights - it's the same reason there is no College Football any more, even EA can't afford to go there, it's the reason there is no rugby union game with the appropriate licenses, and it's the reason our Cricket has England and Australia only.

We will get as many licenses as we can.

PS: I appreciate the support in purchasing the game but repeating the same statements, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, makes it no more heard nor resolved.[DOUBLEPOST=1529801379][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks @Llewelynf - we'll check it out tomorrow.

Nard2020

Club Captain
There's a reason that no modern sports game has all of the individual licenses unless it is controlled by a central body where players have given up their moral rights - it's the same reason there is no College Football any more, even EA can't afford to go there, it's the reason there is no rugby union game with the appropriate licenses, and it's the reason our Cricket has England and Australia only.

We will get as many licenses as we can.

PS: I appreciate the support in purchasing the game but repeating the same statements, again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, makes it no more heard nor resolved.[DOUBLEPOST=1529801379][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks @Llewelynf - we'll check it out tomorrow.

There are things called updates, and in doing a quick search on this forum, that question hasn't been asked or really answered (let alone in a direct/clear message) in a long time. Situations like liscening can be resolved in varying amounts of time, so asking every few months doesn't warrant that response. Maybe it was asked again and again and again.....and again on some other social media platform, so maybe post that for those people.

And just to mention, i've seen that "sound" question being asked just as much ( if not more) yet you didn't respond that way for those.........and we all know what you were referring to.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Really, there are things called updates? We should probably do one for tennis...

Sound is within our control and is our fault, I must accept responsibility for it and do.

You can choose to neglect my explanation but it does not change the fact that I have explained it across multiple platforms multiple times...

monerz456

School Cricketer
Hi Ross,
I'm just wondering why do Big Ant not market their games that well when you have a tennis game coming out and their is obvious hype for a new tennis game on next gen and you only give fans a brief look trailer and some gameplay before release you can obviously see why the game is unheard of by some people. The marketing was little better for the international release but it was still kind of bad imo.

If I was you at Big Ant and you had a sports game with obvious appeal to different countries and markets I think I would spend quite a bit in marketing it so as many people know it is coming soon or is out.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Crazily enough we do spend a lot on marketing - 600,000 on Ashes, 400,000 on Tennis. There is a lot of content, many videos prior, dev diaries, etc.

Joe Bloggs

School Cricketer
Really, there are things called updates? We should probably do one for tennis...

Sound is within our control and is our fault, I must accept responsibility for it and do.

You can choose to neglect my explanation but it does not change the fact that I have explained it across multiple platforms multiple times...

There's no getting away from the fact that the game badly lacks real players, but, maybe if you put more effort into the ones you actually have it would at the very least help to make up for such a small number of licensed players in the game.

I just wish you'd go back to working on the licensed players that are "already in the game" and finish off the good work you started by giving them all their full Player ID, it's so frustrating that you made such a promising start with this but have just left it half finished, I'm still waiting for other players in the game (Barty, Konta, Johnson, Stosur, Garcia, Chung, Benic etc. etc.) to be given the same treatment as Nadal & Kerber.

I'm not asking you to update every player in a single patch, but, it would be lovely to see some real effort made in this area of the game again and see you gradually give each licensed player their proper Serve, Receive, Groundstroke Style & Voice, you need to understand that some of us only use the licensed players so this is a big deal for us.

I totally respect those that are happy and enjoy using Academy features but it would be nice for those that don't use them to also get some nice updates that can be appreciated.

D

Deleted member 46200

But there issssss...... 8 ATP guys and 12 WTA women.........[DOUBLEPOST=1529797165][/DOUBLEPOST]Another question, the foundation and core of the gameplay seems to be solid, other than sound fixes....are there any other "big" updates planned? Or is it just pretty much additions, content and details from here on out? This game has had a drastic and tremendous change since January.
But not a larger more inclusive licence I don't think there ever has been in a tennis game probably individual rights... ? These things cost a huge amount of money and developers have to make the call were to invest the limited amount of budget available. Don't forget EA Sports were used over a technicality over licencing and these things probably take more time and money with lawyers who take in a lot of the funding.

Never seen this logoon any box...
th

Or this..
th

Use of these images are for education only x

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 46200

I feel the licence issue should now be put to bed as it's a way of 'antagonising' this has been discussed at length and appropriate explanation out there. Mine above is easier on the eye to digest... These licenses cost money and we feel this is better invested in the gameplay.

Glad you're admitting to your faults as I feel you have led an innocent Essexboy astray with supporting Carlton poor @Mikeykerren on another note how much will it cost to have Simona Halep's screaming and grunting 'officail'.

D

Deleted member 46200

Hi Ross,
I'm just wondering why do Big Ant not market their games that well when you have a tennis game coming out and their is obvious hype for a new tennis game on next gen and you only give fans a brief look trailer and some gameplay before release you can obviously see why the game is unheard of by some people. The marketing was little better for the international release but it was still kind of bad imo.

If I was you at Big Ant and you had a sports game with obvious appeal to different countries and markets I think I would spend quite a bit in marketing it so as many people know it is coming soon or is out.
They do x

grkrama

National Board President
Been playing a bit mostly casual games and really enjoying the game so far, the swerve of the ball in the air is real nice addition, the feel of the ball travel is real nice.The balance in difficulty is also pretty good, you get the right amount of rallies not too long or too short generally.Im mostly playing at medium and find good challenge.
A few little stuff i noticed was
1. AI seemed a tad too susceptible to lobs in the air as in they kind of freeze a bit and leave them go, this happens in medium though so think higher levels will have tighter AI.
2.Also the player hitting window for a shot could be a tad longer sometimes last min shots dont recognise as player feels clunky as the ball goes though near him.
3.A few shots i would like to see added are
a. The last sec dive and lunging shots.
b.Reverse flick shots to lobs as in you go before the ball and slap it back through the legs.

4.The player movement could be a tad quicker mainly turns and starts with quick footwork. Though this may increase the rally count in general but think finding a sweet spot there may help, sometimes feel like there are places were players would have got there in general but dont.

Overall this feels like Dbc 14 of tennis games been a long time since i played a proper sim tennis game, Virtua tennis and games took tennis to arcadeyiness. Great job by BA here:thumbs.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Hi Ross,

They do x

From what myself and others saw in the lead up to the global launch, a lot of people were questioning the lack of marketing on the game on Twitter/Facebook or simply didn't even know the game existed until after May 8th. That's why he's raised that question I feel.

D

Deleted member 46200

From what myself and others saw in the lead up to the global launch, a lot of people were questioning the lack of marketing on the game on Twitter/Facebook or simply didn't even know the game existed until after May 8th. That's why he's raised that question I feel.
It's on Amazon... ? X

Users who are viewing this thread