India tour of Ireland 2018.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Brilliant stuff from Pandya at the end, but I wish Kohli had given Dinesh Karthik a bat ahead of Pandya. Pandya is a certainty in the shorter formats whereas Karthik is not. When Dhoni comes back, Karthik will go out and it makes sense to see his batting and make selection tougher (its a good headache to have).

Finally Raina makes it count with a substantial innings, an innings that will surely keep the management very interested in him. Hope he gets the chance in England in the T20's and continues in this vein. A few more good innings could give Raina a good run in the England ODI's and he needs that to make his World Cup case. Fingers crossed for him!

I actually wouldn't mind Rahul at No. 4. To me, he is a lot more free flowing and quicker on the accelerator than Rohit. If the openers and Kohli do a good job and Rahul has to come in only after the 30th over, it basically becomes a T20 innings for him and he can tee off. I think Rohit, Kohit and Rahul can swap places among themselves as per the game/tournament situation

I would have had DK bat ahead of Pandey, not Pandya.

On the no.4 subject, Rohit now needs to be put in situations where he has to play as per the match situation. When he opens, he has a set plan and I feel it's outdated. Rahul opening is massive impact. I see a lot of bowlers running scared while bowling to him. The day Rahul fires, you win. Rohit Sharma will make one double hundred in an inconsequential game on a sub continent road in 50 innings.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Rahul is in the form of his life. Need to make use of him and his runs at this point. World cup is approaching and England pitches are a belter and need to utilize the powerplay in every match. Perfect for Rahul and Dhawan. If one fails, other can chip in. Dropping Rahul now would be a joke and mockery of his skills. We need to give him a proper shot in this tour and if there is no place for him, I won't mind dropping Rohit.

I am a huge fan of Pandey but I have been telling since past couple of years that Pandey doesn't fit in T20Is. When he scored 80 against SA in one of the match, I was mocked by couple of members for saying that he doesn't belong to T20I. If he is batting in T20s, he should bat at #3, nothing below that. Maybe in ODI, he can be considered (but DK is currently better than Pandey).

Pramod Kumar Cherukat

School Cricketer
Rahul is in the form of his life. Need to make use of him and his runs at this point. World cup is approaching and England pitches are a belter and need to utilize the powerplay in every match. Perfect for Rahul and Dhawan. If one fails, other can chip in. Dropping Rahul now would be a joke and mockery of his skills. We need to give him a proper shot in this tour and if there is no place for him, I won't mind dropping Rohit.

I am a huge fan of Pandey but I have been telling since past couple of years that Pandey doesn't fit in T20Is. When he scored 80 against SA in one of the match, I was mocked by couple of members for saying that he doesn't belong to T20I. If he is batting in T20s, he should bat at #3, nothing below that. Maybe in ODI, he can be considered (but DK is currently better than Pandey).

I totally agree. This is the right time to use Rahul so that he gets enough exposure before World Cup. He has shown high level of commitment and performance in the recent times.

I genuinely believe the time has come to drop Rohit to 4 and open with Dhawan and Rahul. There's something earth shattering about Rahul and we would be barking mad to not have him open in all formats.[DOUBLEPOST=1530289299][/DOUBLEPOST]Rahul
Dhawan
Kohli
Sharma
Dhoni
Karthik/Raina
Pandya
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Kaul
Bumrah

I agree. Rahul is the ideal opener at this stage.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
On the no.4 subject, Rohit now needs to be put in situations where he has to play as per the match situation. When he opens, he has a set plan and I feel it's outdated. Rahul opening is massive impact. I see a lot of bowlers running scared while bowling to him. The day Rahul fires, you win. Rohit Sharma will make one double hundred in an inconsequential game on a sub continent road in 50 innings.

I agree with putting Rahul at the top but is Rohit Sharma a good enough player for the no.4 slot having spent the last 5 years opening. Even in T20's, Sharma has been slow to start and plays a lot of dots straight up. At the top, he has often got away with it because of Dhawan's attitude and Kohli at 3.

For me, you have to play him at the top or not play him at all. It comes down to whether a decent paced 50 at the top of the order is worth sacrificing a more aggressive start.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Rohit is more than capable of batting 4 as well as finishing an innings. It's not a matter of where he bats but how he bats which is basically a reflection of his head space. He doesn't look like a big striker but he can hit them long, far, hard and consistently when he puts his mind to it. We are anyway quite hopeless with our no.4 so this may be worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread