IS DBC 14 WORTH AFTER PLAYING DBC 17

IS DBC 14 WORTH AFTER PLAYING DBC 17

• YES

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • not really

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • You should stop playing games and focus on work!

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DBC 14 online was a better and much more stable experience. For sure there were issues but DBC 17 online took a few steps backwards. As an example you never faced issues with fields & field settings not sticking, overthrows were not that numerous and there wasn't the run out issue where batsmen ran themselves out. Check with folks like @Acid Burn who played DBC 14 and DBC 17 online extensively and he can tell you what I mean. I tried DBC 17 online and it was such a poor experience compared to DBC 14 online that I opted not to play online this iteration of DBC and am sticking to Madden for my online gaming itch.

It's a crying shame that out of 3 main modes in DBC 17 - Career, Casual/Tournament and Online - 2 are pretty much broken (Career and Online) due to basic fundamental issues and bugs. Unfortunately DBC 17 took one step forward (addition of ball marker to be displayed early thanks to sliders) but took 3-4 steps backwards. I maintain my oft repeated position that if Big Ant had simply added the ball marker slider settings to the DBC 14 along with adding WC & tourneys in career mode, it would have been a much better game than DBC 17.

I though you were a figment of my imagination:p

There is a potential 5th patch being made, may not be released though apparently

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

There is a potential 5th patch being made, may not be released though apparently

Well after Patch 4 my policy is "Seeing is believing". Patch 4 was supposed to fix Stats and Field Setting issues and despite Patch 4 notes claiming so, the bugs/issues still persist so I will take any news about Patch 5 with a grain of salt and see the difference it makes after I've played the game.

But my personal opinion is that the damage's done and even if Patch 5 is the "silver bullet", which I highly doubt based on what we've seen so far, it won't help that much. Maybe it would make more sense for BA to focus on a DBC 17 Update/DLC in time for Ashes series later this Australian summer. Maybe they can term it DBC 17 "December Edition" or some such given they don't have the rights to use the term "Ashes".

Ashes series down the year is gonna be a high profile and closely fought series and may just give DBC 17 a shot in the arm as folks may want to get their cricket fix via DBC 17 so if it were up to me I would push for a DBC 17 "December Edition DLC" than release a patch when horse's already bolted. Though personally I would prefer a patch ASAP but in the interest of cricket gaming I wish Big Ant and DBC 17 are as successful as they can be and aligning any update/DLC with Ashes later this year gives BA the best chance to do so.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Where are you getting this from mate , as there has been no word whatsoever spoken about it.

There has in fact been complete Radio Silence since Patch 4 released, except for Ross breaking ranks and venting a bit at someone a la Ross Style.

Even the Beta Testers are all in the dark , so I highly doubt anything is happening.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I tried DBC 17 online and it was such a poor experience compared to DBC 14 online that I opted not to play online this iteration of DBC and am sticking to Madden for my online gaming itch.
Exactly mate. I was a regular player of DBC 14 online and organized few tournaments through whats app group. DBC 17 is a big shame and needs lots of issues to be fixed. I tried 17 online for a week initially decided to wait till patch 4. Even after patch 4, nothing changed and it's all the same.

So I stick only to the tournaments and competitions mode. And play other games for online experience. DBC failed in two major aspects of the game "Career and Online"

Ruckus

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I only play career mode and after playing just 1 week (long time ago now) of DBC17 I realised just how premeditated '14 was 'luck' mattered all too much. The ball guide, is needed personally, I just make other sliders a lot more difficult if I think the game is getting too easy but the hit n hope aspect of '14 was horrible.

Pramod Kumar Cherukat

School Cricketer
Good points mentioned by all. To be DBC 14 still stands out as the best game. The graphics are more close to real than DBC 17.

I think the people who consider DBC 17 better is primarily for one reason - the ball marker shows the line before the bowler releases the ball, which makes easier to decide what shot to play. Someone has mentioned about premeditating the short in DBC 14 because the marker appears after bowler releases. There is no need to premeditate in DBC 14. You can watch the ball marker even after the bowler releases and check the line and play your shot. People think these have to be done in a fraction of a second which is impossible. No, it is very much possible. This is just like real cricket, where you know the line and length only after the bowler releases the ball. For spinners and medium pace bowlers, you can play on front foot - you can see the ball's line & length (after the bowler releases the ball) and play. For fast bowlers, you can play on back foot which gives you some more 'fractions' of second and believe me, you have enough time to decide and make a shot. Also, the best part is - you can mistime / misread the ball and get out, which again is just like real cricket.

So, if you want to play easy cricket, it is DBC 17 but if you want to play challenging and exciting cricket, it has to be DBC 14.

Just to add, I am in the 6th year of my career player in DBC 14 and my batting average is above 65 in all formats [I bat at No.4 position]. You just need to have patience and concentration.

Akhilsaj

Club Captain
Good points mentioned by all. To be DBC 14 still stands out as the best game. The graphics are more close to real than DBC 17.

I think the people who consider DBC 17 better is primarily for one reason - the ball marker shows the line before the bowler releases the ball, which makes easier to decide what shot to play. Someone has mentioned about premeditating the short in DBC 14 because the marker appears after bowler releases. There is no need to premeditate in DBC 14. You can watch the ball marker even after the bowler releases and check the line and play your shot. People think these have to be done in a fraction of a second which is impossible. No, it is very much possible. This is just like real cricket, where you know the line and length only after the bowler releases the ball. For spinners and medium pace bowlers, you can play on front foot - you can see the ball's line & length (after the bowler releases the ball) and play. For fast bowlers, you can play on back foot which gives you some more 'fractions' of second and believe me, you have enough time to decide and make a shot. Also, the best part is - you can mistime / misread the ball and get out, which again is just like real cricket.

So, if you want to play easy cricket, it is DBC 17 but if you want to play challenging and exciting cricket, it has to be DBC 14.

Just to add, I am in the 6th year of my career player in DBC 14 and my batting average is above 65 in all formats [I bat at No.4 position]. You just need to have patience and concentration.

Well said,and for ashes cricket it becomes even easier with the pitch marker on which enables the batsman to know the line and length of the bowler,it's like the bowler is saying I'm going to bowl on this particular spot;hit me with the respective shot.So if you want a real tough challenging cricket, it has to be DBC 14 all the way!!!

Pramod Kumar Cherukat

School Cricketer
Well said,and for ashes cricket it becomes even easier with the pitch marker on which enables the batsman to know the line and length of the bowler,it's like the bowler is saying I'm going to bowl on this particular spot;hit me with the respective shot.So if you want a real tough challenging cricket, it has to be DBC 14 all the way!!!

I noticed that your name has dropped to No.2 in 'Leaderboard' of DBC 14. Have you stopped playing?

Users who are viewing this thread