PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Rooting for Edmonton, for obvious reasons

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Too bad this tournament didn't start a few years earlier would've loved to see Ashish Bagai showcase his talents on a stage like this.
Excited to see the likes of Fabian Allen, Justin Greaves and especially Alick Athanaze turn out for the WI B team. Optimistic that it represents a change in the WICBs approach to up and coming players perhaps?

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So far the tournament looks alright. On TV, it seems to be missing a nice vibe in the ground. Stands were mostly empty at the start of play, but it's slowly filling up. A bit of noise from the crowd would add to a good atmosphere. It seems almost silent for the most part.

And as usual, proper coverage isn't given to the general Canadian public to let them know of cricket games being played with superstars. There are a few articles about it on newspapers consistently read by the public, but the build up to the tournament has been poor. If there was a good build up and news that these matches would've been played, there would be an increase of spectators in particular the native white Canadians would have learned more about this sport. That would really help to spread the sport around Canada.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Went to my first cricket game. Let me tell you, the first two matches were so much fun to watch. Also, I got so many autographs from the big stars.

It was funny actually, when I first went into the ground, I saw Dean Jones coming from the media room. I said hello and he did too, it was unreal that after watching him on the TV screen that I would see him in person. Unfortunately, couldn't take a picture of him as he was in quite a hurry.

When I got to my seat, I saw David Warner for the first time, he was right in front of the spectators practicing hitting the ball. The atmosphere was simply incredible. I was sitting in the covered area where it was jam-packed with spectators and there were many cheers for a boundary or a wicket. It was very disappointing seeing Warner run out for just 1, but a real treat was watching Smithy bowl. There were large cheers when he came on. The cool thing about my seating area was that there was just a tiny fence around the square-leg/point region, and the spectators including myself took selfies and autographs from the players who were fielded there.

Kieron Pollard fielded there, and a crowd literally swamped him for pictures, so I couldn't get an autograph from him. Smith and Warner mostly stayed at long on/off, but later I was able to get Smith's autograph when his team was leaving the stadium. Darren Bravo fielded there, where many chirpy members of the crowd tried to talk to him about the issue between the board and himself, and he told them to be quiet.

Smith's batting technique is interesting to watch in person. He moves A LOT at the crease, more than anybody. Fidel Edwards bowled an amazing spell, but the ball to Smith was absolutely amazing. It was a bouncer that jagged upwards, caught the glove and carried to gully. Later in the innings, many people started to curse Pollard when he was batting, because he was 7 off 22 balls at one point. He really was struggling, and he put pressure on his teammates who holed out mostly.

One of the most important things I got out of the two matches I saw was the speed of the fielders. For one instance, a player hit the ball down the ground to long on, where Warner ran from long off to long on in a FLASH. If he'd been slower, it would've been two runs. To those who feel fitness isn't important, trust me it IS. The speed of the fielders is so important, if the player is too slow, the team might be leaking runs without a solid fielding effort. This can seriously hurt a team if there are slow moving fielders.

It was such an amazing experience and at the end of the second match in the day, players gave autographs and I was lucky to get a few from Chris Gayle, Russell, Peter Siddle , just to name a few.

I'll post a couple of pictures later. Feel free to ask questions.

Going North

Club Cricketer
Gayle did it

Vs Shadab Khan 32 runs
over

sorry for Ben Cutting
72 runs and 3 wickets on Loosing Cause

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
This is back.

Just noticed that Harbhajan Singh could line up opposite Chris Gayle in the Brampton Wolves v Mississauga Panthers match

Eagerly awaiting daily updates from a our Canadian correspondent @ahmedleo414
That's crazy, I just checked and the first time Harbhajan Singh lined up opposite Chris Gayle was in 2002

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Why would you have a 3.30 start on a Thursday?

Users who are viewing this thread