India tour of England 2018

Bhumi

Club Captain
Rahane* among runs yesterday in England batted 85 minutes in 4 day un official test..Allister Cook hits 180.Malan 74, test prospect Gubbins 73.(SIRAJ 4 wickets)

Cong Eng.by winning 5 out of 5 Odi at Leeds in last 5, they played.Root (100*) and Morgan (88*) put on 176* stand after Johnny cracked 13 ball 30 odd.

India 256/8
Virat 71, MS 42

England 260 /2 off 44
Spinners 20/0/91/0

Cong virat for 3000 runs as captain in ODI
Cong MS for 300 catches and 10,000 runs

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The pattern in which this tour has gone so far, I have a gut feeling that scheduling the tests at the end is NOT going to help India as they expected. Yes they have had the time to acclimatize to the conditions but their confidence has been totally deflated by two utter thrashings at the hand of England's ODI side. The test regulars can come in and try to change the tide, but seriously, the way Kohli and Shastri go about with their thinking, I am guessing their brains would become more scrambled from hereon. I hope for India's sake that I am wrong with my guess.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Virat is turning out to be the exact opposite of Dhoni as a captain in one aspect. Dhoni was very stubborn when it came to changing the lineup in the next game, not bothering to test bench strength even in dead rubbers. Kohli on the other hand is making changes every game and it looks like he is doing it just for the heck of doing something different

We have more questions than answers after this odi series and as usual, we have helped Joe Root back into form right before the test series. Hoooraah

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think we relied on our spinners very heavily throughout this limited overs series. Bhuvi went missing for most part of the tour. He hasn't bowled anywhere near what he is capable of. Even today, he bowled way too short whenever he came on to bowl. I have never rated Siddharth Kaul too much so his performance doesn't surprise me that much. Umesh is always a hit and miss. He has definitely improved as a bowler but there are still days on which he will be absolutely terrible. We have definitely missed Bumrah on this tour so far. Chahal even though he bowled well, didn't pick as many wickets as he would have liked.

For the sixth bowling option, they have tried Raina which is not working. I feel we have to move on from Raina because he just doesn't look comfortable anymore ever since he has been exposed by the short deliveries. The other person we have tried before is Kedar Jadhav. He also hasn't been consistent and is not the best of the fielder but I don't think it hurts to give him one more shot. I do feel he can play that finisher role pretty well if he gets settled in. Another outside name I would like to throw in is Krunal Pandya. He can be very handy with bat and ball. Again, I know he hasn't played that many List A matches and his numbers are not that amazing but he does look like a player who can flourish on big stages. If he is in selector's radar which I think he is since he did play for India A, he has to be given a chance as soon as possible simply because we don't have much time left till the WC starts.

For number 4, I think MS Dhoni has to bat that position. We have tried so many players but I don't understand why they haven't tried MS Dhoni there. He clearly struggles now to get going from ball 1 so give him some time to settle down and then we know that once he is settled at the crease, he can still hit big.

Karthik has played the role of finisher pretty well for KKR in the recently concluded IPL and I feel he can be the guy who we can trust to play that role for India as well.

My line-up would be something like this:

Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli
Dhoni
Karhtik
Jadhav/Krunal
Hardik
Bhuvi
Kuldeep
Chahal
Bumrah

D

Deleted member 46200

Any ideas what that instrument was that one of the umpires was wearing on their arm for the last game?
Do you have a pic... ? Could it be a guard... ?

Last edited by a moderator:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kohli said that Bhuvi and Kaul are in as they haven't played any game in the series and the only tactical change was of DK. So, he is ok with losing the series to get exposure for Thakur (instead of Umesh) who will most certainly not play WC for sure. Ya, right.

Apart from Kohli, there isn't one single player who is consistent. Dhawan's running was horrible throughout innings and he was run-out eventually. He was so careless that he didn't put a dive which would have saved him. Such small moments will hurt big time. Another start wasted.

It's ironic how we are searching for #4 in ODI since long time but when we had Pandey in the team, we used him at #6 or #5. I might get lot of criticism for this but he is a perfect #4 especially in these kind of situations. I always said that and the fact that he doesn't belong in T20 but in ODI and I stand to that. He is not a finisher or big hitter to play in T20 or in ODI who can play below #5. But he can rotate strike and get a boundary in between which is what required at #4. He keeps himself busy. Maybe it's too late to try him out now. And Rayudu is also perfect for #4 but he couldn't clear the yo-yo test unfortunately. ( I want to see a video recording of Jadhav clearing the test)

Management can't be serious with Pandya as the 5th bowler. He is not a good batsmen nor a good bowler. He is bits and pieces and he doesn't contribute with both in most of the matches. Team should tell him to focus on one thing properly either bat or with ball (batting, I prefer) and improve his skills while keeping the other option(bowling) as part-time. He is not doing anyone a favour with his batting and bowling. And he was rested in one of the series ! (SL, I assume?) A big, freaking LOL to the selection panel.

Since we lack proper 5th bowler, unfortunately we have to field one of Raina or Jadhav as 6th bowling option even if they are not upto the mark. We can't play only 5 bowlers especially with Pandya being 5th bowling option. I really wish that we had given Krunal a run in this series.

And I am worried Bhuvi hasn't done anything good since the start of IPL. Hope he gets his form soon.

To drop Rahul for just one match failure, I hope God enlightens the people who influences team selection. (Not that I disagree with DK being in the team.) Dropping guys like Rahul and Umesh when they are in good form, will certainly lessen their confidence which is not at all good.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
All these problems are simply happening because of selection inconsistencies. Just think about it- DK was dropped after his Nidahas trophy heroics when our middle order has been fragile forever. Kuldeep Yadav was dropped after a five fer and we were given the reason that it was tactical. Manish Pandey made a hundred in Oz and he's nowhere now. Bhuvi was dropped for a test in SA and played here in these games when an ass will tell you that he should have been rested for both series to be kept fit and fresh for the tests. Now KL has been dropped after a brilliant start to the tour. Yet, when Dhawan should not have been given another chance to play he walked into the side. Rohit was picked over Rahane in the SA tests. Umesh was dropped yesterday for Thakur and then Pandya opened the bowling!

Edit- Kumble was replaced with Shastri! :lol

It's absolutely unbelievable! Unbelievable!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When are they going to announce the Test squad? any ideas ?

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Interesting. Saha is ruled out definitely. Looks like DK will get an opportunity to prove himself (fingers crossed)
According to espncricinfo, Bumrah likely to miss first 3 tests, Kuldeep, Shami and Pant will get a call up. It seems Shami eventually cleared yo-yo test. With Saha out, DK will be the first choice with Pant as backup. And Nair to replace Rohit.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/24124110/jasprit-bumrah-likely-miss-first-three-england-tests

Users who are viewing this thread