Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.09), Xbox One (1.0.0.10) and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46200

are the edges behaving differently in different formats ??? anyway I was referring to tests in pro mode. both me batting or AI. especially leading edges, absolutely rockets to the boundary
I play T20 but on medium and using the buttons for me it plays fine... Nice and balanced.[DOUBLEPOST=1531768504][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is problematic is, why try fixing something if it is not broken. Patch 1.08 was perfect, there was no need for patch 1.09 which introduced a whole new suite of issues
1. Edges happening on good footwork/timing/Shot selection
2. Too many catch drops. Close-in fielders catches blinders and infield/outfield fielders drops sitters
Just the way it is... Try tinkering with the sliders... ? X

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
What is problematic is, why try fixing something if it is not broken. Patch 1.08 was perfect, there was no need for patch 1.09 which introduced a whole new suite of issues
1. Edges happening on good footwork/timing/Shot selection
2. Too many catch drops. Close-in fielders catches blinders and infield/outfield fielders drops sitters
Please try setting fielders catching ability at around 75 so that you will not get so many drop catches.

D

Deleted member 185125

Please try setting fielders catching ability at around 75 so that you will not get so many drop catches.
I have all fielding stats set to 100 still gets dropped catches. I'm fine with the drops however, but the extra ordinary catches which the wicket keeper takes is off putting.

PepperJack37

School Cricketer
Ever since the latest PS4 patch, my fielding radar has gone when batting and bowling in every game mode, and the option to switch between classic and standard batting has gone. I have gone through every menu and can't see the option, am I missing something obvious?

Last edited:

nickman100

School Cricketer
I play T20 but on medium and using the buttons for me it plays fine... Nice and balanced.[DOUBLEPOST=1531768504][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just the way it is... Try tinkering with the sliders... ? X

Sliders don’t work Online. Giving workarounds or suggestions like “oh why don’t you play a lower difficulty mode” is not a right way to address defects. I am a software engineer and a pretty good one too. If I am fixing any defects in my code, I make sure only defects are fixed and nothing else gets broken.
And as a tester, also this needs to be made sure.
In bigants every patch breaks something that was already working fine and introduces a whole new suite of bugs

Skankhunt 42

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sliders don’t work Online.
Spot on!!

Giving workarounds or suggestions like “oh why don’t you play a lower difficulty mode” is not a right way to address defects.
Absofreakinglutely!

I am a software engineer and a pretty good one too. If I am fixing any defects in my code, I make sure only defects are fixed and nothing else gets broken.
:clapBigAnt needs you! Why don't you forward your resume! @BigAntStudios Are you hiring?

And as a tester, also this needs to be made sure
Come on BA! He is a genuine candidate!! A tester engineer or... umm an engineer tester! Dunno.... I'm mearly a graphic artist far from technical stuff! ;)

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Bowlers and field settings still not that reactive even on legend setting.Played a casual odi vs india on legend and Hardik had a 10 ball over.That shouldn't be happening.One of the spinners took 3 wickets early on with edges which is ok.I learnt to leave anything that didn't have to be played but he never came back into the attack even though the other bowlers were being pummelled.The game can still be improved upon.Are they working on it still or is that it.

zayno

Club Captain
is there backfoot leg glance in the game - how is it done ?

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any update on patch for online @MattW @BigAntStudios ?

I can see users are fighting between themselves one saying "need fixes" and other saying "no, it's perfect". No response from developer so far. Looks like they are simply enjoying the fight in the group.

All we need to know is whether the developer is working on any patch. If yes, what are the issues they are gonna fix and how long do we have to wait.

Or simply say NO (we are only concerned about AI batting and bowling). Then we can simply stop arguing for nothing.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think the game is good now and I am not really having any problems, good work by Big Ant.

I think Big Ant should just work on their next Cricket title and try to release it for the world Cup next year.

D

Deleted member 46200

I think the game is good now and I am not really having any problems, good work by Big Ant.

I think Big Ant should just work on their next Cricket title and try to release it for the world Cup next year.
Stir that hornets nest with a bigger wooden spoon... But I do agree x

francisjery

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Offline games are good. But most of us asking here about bugs and glitches in online mode.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still game is not perfect. 80% better then ever, 20% here and there issues to be worked on.

Many of them find issues with the game which are priority for them, which are not for others.

I too want custom fields area to be fixed as priority :lol

My only expectation now from @MattW @BigAntStudios is to understand users concerns from all the iterations of cricket and try to get them solved as much as possible if they develop any new cricket game.

I guess Ashes Cricket is slowly getting into coma now and it is in process of dying in next 3-6 months.

Now that we need to discuss among ourselves only doubts , queries , suggestion in these threads.:cheers

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Friends please understand the game is great now in lower difficulties and with standard control.
Lower level very very easy to connect the special shot even in pro online u can hit 6 sixes with sweeps.
Once u go up the level vetran legend it's only edges and dropped catches.
I don't want to take away anything from people who are playing in lower difficulties and easier way with standard control and discovering the game in in the right balance.
Online points to look at
A.Special shots are overpowered.

B.Edges are happening how good u time with classic controls.

C.While batting with classic sudden change of footwork front to backfoot there is a disconnection in online matches and its getting stuck.

D. Fielders dropping too manny catches sometimes 5 to 6 in a innings.Today generation real cricket there are hardly dropped catches and fielding is the important department for every team.

E.Cant change bowler and fielding sometimes during a online match.

F.Dancing batsman, dancing fielders and wicketkeeper still does not respond to throws from the boundryline.

G.Sometimes one wicket counted as two.
For example 10 For 1 second wicket falls It counted as 10 for 3.

H.Review system it shows clearly ball hitting the bat first still given lbw out by the third umpire.

I.Superover needs a fix
Team bowling first cant set more than 2 fielders outside the 30 yard circle.

J.Please add normalize skill option displayed yes/No like classic enforced yes/no.
So that the other player can see what did the host hosted.
As when we play league things will be equal.
If any one uses Kenya and edit skill to 100.
But the host hosted normalize skills yes the the Kenya player won't perform as 100 which he edited,but in screen it will be showing 100.
That's a disadvantage for the player using Kenya.
NORMALISE SKILLS yes or no
It always shows the player skills which is alloted by editing.
But the performance changes with yes/no
So please add a option to be displayed like classic enforced yes/no.

K.While advancing shot batsman getting stuck, and not returning back to creze.
No effort atall it's just stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread