Cricket Coach 2014: Historical Database Mod [Work in Progress]

Jagar

Club Captain
Dropbox - Ultimate DB.rar

Here's a database mod for cricket coach 2014 which will hopefully eventually include all international cricketers of all time. At the moment it only has most Australian and English Cricketers from the pre-1900's era, and a selection of the alltime best players for Australia, England, India and the West Indies. Will work on including all past Test players for all test nations, then work on all limited overs players for full member nations, then all odi players for associates and if the database can handle it I'll start working on notable domestic players.

To install the mod, simply extract the rar file into your database folder for CC2014, and then select 'UltimateDB' when starting a new game to use the database.

I've used the actual birth dates of the players, so for playing an actual game you'd need to disable player retirements, but playing in international series mode works well. Appreciate feedback on player ratings if anyone thinks a player has been under/overrated.

EDIT: Added vol. 2.0 which hopefully worked this time.

Last edited:

Josh the gent

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Update for the mod. Should work.

Hi Jagar,

Your mod looks absolutely awesome :)

Unfortunately though, when I use the DB (as downloaded from the Ultimate DB 3.0.rar - posted on Feb 7, 2016 above) it crashes the game (v6.20).

Do you have a version that won't crash?

lemonz

School Cricketer
I would love to play this updated mod. But any new database seems to crash the game. Any suggestions as to how I can get around it, I'm playing on a Mac. Maybe that's the problem...

Jagar

Club Captain
Hi Jagar,

Your mod looks absolutely awesome :)

Unfortunately though, when I use the DB (as downloaded from the Ultimate DB 3.0.rar - posted on Feb 7, 2016 above) it crashes the game (v6.20).

Do you have a version that won't crash?
I would love to play this updated mod. But any new database seems to crash the game. Any suggestions as to how I can get around it, I'm playing on a Mac. Maybe that's the problem...
Apologies for delayed response!

Here finally is a (hopefully) actually functional version of this database. Had a more updated version, but unfortuantely my computer died and it was only uploaded on the now disabled CC forums.

Attachments

• Ultimate DB 5.0.rar
    218.7 KB · Views: 37

Jagar

Club Captain
In the interests of showcasing this database, thought I'd simulate an all-time best Champion's Trophy tournament.

First Game of the tournament was South Africa playing India in Rajashi. South African Captain Graeme Smith won the toss, and elected to bat first.

South Africa suffered a top order collapse, and looked to be set for a miserable total, losing 7 wickets for only 96 runs in the first twenty-one overs. However wicket-keeper Mark Boucher and allrounder Mike Procter managed to not only hold off the Indian bowling attack, but also punish them, hammering around one hundred and sixty runs at a very respectable strike rate. Kumble was the standout bowler for India, taking three top order wickets and bowling economically.
UVWzChe.png

Although Boucher and Procter did manage to salvage the innings, the South African total looked to be well within reach for India thanks largely to Kumble.
5.jpg

Tendulkar got off to a good start, hitting four fours, however he was beaten by a faster ball from Tayfield, mistiming the shot and being caught at silly mid-on. Dravid played a solid innings in the middle order, attempting to keep India afloat, but the Indian middle order were beaten by some wily bowling from legspinner Aubrey Faulkner and the tail were forced to throw their wickets away attempting to increase the run rate to what was required.

qJuA39p.png

MotM was awarded to Mike Procter, for his hard hitting counter attack in the South African innings, and for his aggressive economical bowling which put severe pressure on India in the second innings.
631989436.jpg
z_p30-Fitness-04.jpg

Last edited:

Jagar

Club Captain
With that being said, I'm planning to buy the game again [ DUE TO THIS UPDATE ]

Please lemme know if its worth :p
I think there is a trial version you could use to check it out before buying it. I will say that unfortunately I have no idea how to get it so you can start a save in a random year and progress with the players changing, you have to use the International Series mode to play with period specific teams.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
With that being said, I'm planning to buy the game again [ DUE TO THIS UPDATE ]

Please lemme know if its worth :p
I can officially say that Cricket Coach 2014. Is the best Cricket Simulation Management game till this date!

I still play it. I've tried playing with almost all international teams, and all BBL and IPL teams. Heck I made PSL teams and I'm thinking of making Mzansi Super League.

And I'm still here, never getting bored.

monk1108

School Cricketer
Hi. Thanks for sharing. I really love to see the good old names with statistics. I love playing in the international series mode. I thank you very much for what you're doing. I think you have missed out Lance Klusner? Have any reasons to miss out such a significant name? Also, I am attaching a list of players. Please kindly see if it is possible to only have these players in the squad and not others. May be could you create a database for this?

I don't want English players from the 19th century to be in the squad and it is difficult to retire many of them individually. If I do so, I get the g5 dump crash error. I am not able to alter the skill set. Kindly suggest me. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Squads.xlsx
    31 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread