My thoughts for the future iteration for BA cricketing series

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Question is why this thread has been stickied? Hint hint next Bas cricket game on the works

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
I think this game is superb. AI and licensing are the only two things I desperately want improved. English stadiums would be amazing. And slightly more intelligent AI not just in limited overs but the predictability of the AI's boundary scoring on balls 5 and 6 of an over does limit immersion to an extent. Nit picking n all that.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can we also have Highlights of the match introduced similar to what we see after a match or innings on TV.
This will be a nice edition...

Tagging BigAntStudios staff to bring my suggestions to their visibility and attention, hoping that they might like atleast few of them.

@MattW @HBK619

Thank You Big Ant !

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can we also have Highlights of the match introduced similar to what we see after a match or innings on TV.
This will be a nice edition...
Yeah that would defintitely be a great addition..

Maybe we can have options under highlights:

-Boundaries 1st innings , Boundaries 2nd innings..Under that batsman selection or all batsman..

-Wickets same as above 1st innings , 2nd innings and then the bowler option or all wickets..

-Another option selecting a batsman full innings ending with his wicket or a bowler spell with wickets and good moments [Would be nice for career player]

This would make highlights package to post on youtube a lot more easier...

D

Deleted member 185125

Manager Mode.
Career Mode with options to focus on just one match type (T20, ODI, Test)
Licensed Big Bash League.
Improved fielding animations and controls.
Improved Commentary and post match presentation.
Better camera options. (Adjustable zoom, height etc)
Match/Innings Highlights.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yeah that would defintitely be a great addition..

Maybe we can have options under highlights:

-Boundaries 1st innings , Boundaries 2nd innings..Under that batsman selection or all batsman..

-Wickets same as above 1st innings , 2nd innings and then the bowler option or all wickets..

-Another option selecting a batsman full innings ending with his wicket or a bowler spell with wickets and good moments [Would be nice for career player]

This would make highlights package to post on youtube a lot more easier...

In Addition to that, we can have more replays when a ball beats the bat (from different angles)

Harshs1993

Club Cricketer
Hi
1. I think there should be an option to decide how the bowler holds/grips the ball with his 2 fingers and be able to move around the Seam just before the run up. Shining side towards the batsman or towards the slips. This should decide how the ball swings.
2. Adding different batting styles and bowling actions.
3. Adding fielding animations specially stumping and runouts.
4. Fixing 'cancel run' runouts
5. Pitch should be realistic and conditions should decide how much the ball is swinging.
6. Injury should be added
Thank you

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I was thinking more in lines of Cricket captain or Manager mode in Football games. But now thinking about it, feels like there wouldn't be much sscope. Would rather have a Scenario Mode instead.
A scenario mode would be good. Being able to share the scenarios for others to play them also a big thing. For that matter being able to share tours or create tour programmes (our own FTPs) and share them would be nice.

I asked what you meant cause I thought may be it's similar to an idea I'd been thinking of but just had a different name for it. Maybe it is a little similar but I'd like to see a Team Mode that works in a similar way to career mode, where we can play the matches as a whole team, but with a variety of options for how we set it up.

• Played over a four year span. It could be more but I'm using that as an example, and given the amount of matches you might play it is probably a decent length.
  • A round-robin set of tours is set up automatically. It might be difficult in the four year span to have home and away, so having different set ups would be great.
  • This could be a two-tier leagues ran over two years with promotion and relegation, or two conferences with a knock out at the end. Or just mirror the real world where we have rankings that don't really mean much. There's all sorts of options that I'm sure could be included.
  • The tours would include tests, ODIs and T20s created automatically to a default number of matches. We would be able to tweak each series individually if we want. Maybe, the quickest way would be by having a 'Series' section in the academy that can be edited. So England, for example, would be set to play five test matches against Australia but if you change it to three then the Team Mode creates the series with three test matches.
  • Year two you have a T20 world cup, year three a Champions Trophy equivalent and year four (perhaps the end of the mode) a World Cup.
  • Before starting you can select which countries will host and maybe even which venues within those countries host matches. Or just have an option to randomly selected.
  • Just for simplicity perhaps the players you pick come from the players in the teams rosters (with the option to add another 15 so there could be 50 players available for each country). You select your squads or tour parties from those players.
  • And for added customisation allowing us to perhaps choose from different options for the types of tournaments would be great. A World Cup could be 10 round robin, two groups for 6, 7 or 8 or maybe 4 groups of 4 or 5. How teams qualify - I'd love to have a proper World Cup where each team has to qualify - would be a really fun inclusion too.
  • Including associate nations, as mentioned above in two-tier leagues, or in their own section that is similar would be a bonus.
  • Inclusion of injuries would be good and rather than running a domestic system perhaps players could have a form rating for batting/bowling in each format. So if you have a player who isn't cutting it you could judge to see who you might call up instead.
It would be great to have this last longer and maybe play for decades if you have the stamina but I think keeping it simple might and time limited would be an easier way to avoid complications like retirements and bringing in new players.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

A scenario mode would be good. Being able to share the scenarios for others to play them also a big thing. For that matter being able to share tours or create tour programmes (our own FTPs) and share them would be nice.

I asked what you meant cause I thought may be it's similar to an idea I'd been thinking of but just had a different name for it. Maybe it is a little similar but I'd like to see a Team Mode that works in a similar way to career mode, where we can play the matches as a whole team, but with a variety of options for how we set it up.

• Played over a four year span. It could be more but I'm using that as an example, and given the amount of matches you might play it is probably a decent length.
  • A round-robin set of tours is set up automatically. It might be difficult in the four year span to have home and away, so having different set ups would be great.
  • This could be a two-tier leagues ran over two years with promotion and relegation, or two conferences with a knock out at the end. Or just mirror the real world where we have rankings that don't really mean much. There's all sorts of options that I'm sure could be included.
  • The tours would include tests, ODIs and T20s created automatically to a default number of matches. We would be able to tweak each series individually if we want. Maybe, the quickest way would be by having a 'Series' section in the academy that can be edited. So England, for example, would be set to play five test matches against Australia but if you change it to three then the Team Mode creates the series with three test matches.
  • Year two you have a T20 world cup, year three a Champions Trophy equivalent and year four (perhaps the end of the mode) a World Cup.
  • Before starting you can select which countries will host and maybe even which venues within those countries host matches. Or just have an option to randomly selected.
  • Just for simplicity perhaps the players you pick come from the players in the teams rosters (with the option to add another 15 so there could be 50 players available for each country). You select your squads or tour parties from those players.
  • And for added customisation allowing us to perhaps choose from different options for the types of tournaments would be great. A World Cup could be 10 round robin, two groups for 6, 7 or 8 or maybe 4 groups of 4 or 5. How teams qualify - I'd love to have a proper World Cup where each team has to qualify - would be a really fun inclusion too.
  • Including associate nations, as mentioned above in two-tier leagues, or in their own section that is similar would be nice too.
  • Inclusion of injuries would be nice and rather than running a domestic system perhaps players could have a form rating for batting/bowling in each format. So if you have a player who isn't cutting it you could judge to see who you might call up instead.
It would be great to have this last longer and maybe play for decades if you have the stamina but I think keeping it simple might and time limited would be an easier way to avoid complications like retirements and bringing in new players.
Team Career mode, interesting. I was thinking about Career Mode for a Manager. Select team line ups, and approach based on match conditions and situations, manage trainings and injuries. But not playing the actual match. Like a strategy game than anything else. But as I said earlier, scope of this in a cricket game might be less.
User shareable scenario mode would be great. Even recreating greatest match scenarios from the past.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Team Career mode, interesting. I was thinking about Career Mode for a Manager. Select team line ups, and approach based on match conditions and situations, manage trainings and injuries. But not playing the actual match. Like a strategy game than anything else. But as I said earlier, scope of this in a cricket game might be less.
User shareable scenario mode would be great. Even recreating greatest match scenarios from the past.

One of the most important feature is Commentary. We need more hours to be added, more exciting comparisons, stats etc

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is there any body from @BigAntStudios reading this and taking a notes ?

Most of the features mentioned here are very good, if implemented in the next game (without much bugs) @BigAntStudios can really hold a good name in Cricket gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread