NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So well wow! I have officially completed 10 years on Planet Cricket. Its been a long journey and as I had promised earlier, will share my journey with everyone.

Introduction To Planet Cricket

I used to be part of one of the cricketing groups on Orkut back when it was a huge social media site (To be honest the best one). @Prithvi conducted an online league where people would participate in cricket league. I loved that idea.

So what I did is created my own group and conducted the first ever Cricket Premier League on Orkut. @Prithvi and I fought over how I copied his idea and now a mature me thinks it was copied from his idea. Season 1 was successful and back then clicking on ads would earn you some money. I had earned $100 and I gave $10 as prize money. WOW!

So moving on, I wanted to continue this and conduct season 2. Season 2 required more professionalism. So I searched how to change kits in ea sports 2007. The first site I see? Planet Cricket!!!!!

I joined Planet Cricket and posted for the very first time that I need 6 kits created replacing the Australian domestic setup. There was a member whom I do not know if he has changed his name known as M.A.D. He helped and I had patched kits for C07. This is how I found planet cricket and joined 10 years ago.

Journey Ahead

So now that I joined Planet Cricket, I saw what @Prithvi ran on Orkut was a copy of the site's own Cricket Leagues section. I was amazed and a 17 year old boy for whom internet was a pretty big deal 10 years back could now play virtual leagues. Also the quality and quantity of leagues were pretty great back in those days. I joined my first ever league in @Sartaj 's famous World Premier League if I am not wrong. Wow those were the days. I had a nokia cell phone in my early college years with EDGE(something less then 2G network speed) internet connectivity. I used to be so active to draft and auction players. It was amazing. With Sartaj's help I created my first ever Cricketing League here and to give users a good experience back then I used to live stream by sharing my desktop screen the simulation.

I made some wonderful friends here on PC mainly naming @Sartaj @Fenil @CG123, @hedger, @rizkhan. I had a very special friend @Mihir Doshi here who was my neighbor back in India. I remember how his death show how connected this community was.

The journey on PC saw the whole Sub Continent Issue. The admins and staff did a brilliant job in handling it as it was kind of riots here on PC. The sub continent issue was folks from sub continent whose English was not that strong being ridiculed by folks who first language is English. No I am not talking racism. The grown ups here were kids who got offended on the smallest thing. So the sarcasm of folks here was not taken nicely by SC folks and vice verse. In the end alls well that ends well.

Post the SC era came the era were we all started growing up, I moved to United States and life took a complete turn. More responsibility, new culture and more things to do in life. PC always that soft spot that you would tune into if you needed break. Facebook, Twitter and all were not so huge.

I remember @Rebel2k18 's Bangladesh story, @surendar's India's Story, @Trev's Australian or English story. What lovely times.

Not going to drag this longer but thank you Planet Cricket for all these wonderful 10 years here and I will always be appreciative. There is a lot you can learn even from a forum if you know what to look for. Time changes and people who started out as friends no longer visit here and my friends have changed.

With change in time I would like to thank @RUDI @SaiSrini @LiveLoveABD @Saroj padhy @Yash., @CerealKiller , @Na Maloom Afraad @Perfect Square @Pinch hitter, @asprin and many others for making this site fun in this current era.

I always miss @rahuldravidfan around, he was a good member.

Also thank you @MattW @zimrahil @barmyarmy and all others who have moderated me, infracted me and warned me. You all have done a solid job maintaining this site.

Please note @zimrahil I did not receive the 10 year complete trophy :p:spy

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
don't know why but to make up for it...…..

1. custom user title :p
  2. 10 million VCash boost. One million for every completed year :)
So 10 years here was something I needed to finally get a custom user title. Thank you, appreciate it. :cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1534256568][/DOUBLEPOST]
Congratulations on being an outstanding contributor here on PlanetCricket @CricketQ20 :clap a true Planetcricket brother and friend! Here's to the next decade :cheers

Thank you brother.

Wow! To keep coming back even after 10 years is huge. Oh boy, now I'm starting to feel old :(

I know right, 10 years coming to this forum, have dedicated a lot of time here.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah well done Parth! Thanks for reminding me of that Bangladesh story. It was the best thing I have done on this site tbh at par with the IPL PC Style! It has been over 10 years for me too if you take into account Gary123. :p So Zim... :spy

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yeah well done Parth! Thanks for reminding me of that Bangladesh story. It was the best thing I have done on this site tbh at par with the IPL PC Style! It has been over 10 years for me too if you take into account Gary123. :p So Zim... :spy
can't you do this yourself? :p However 10 million boost for the decade it is :)

If anyone else has been here 10 years or more let me know and you can get a PC vCash boost too :)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Oh to be honest i was so jealous with your story. It was really good and was actually the tipping point when I started supporting the non-favorite teams in a match. I started loving and reading about matches involving associates and affiliates. As I said, there is a learning moment at every step of the way in your life. Just need eyes to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread