TENNIS AO Tennis

Andrea

School Cricketer
Guys, if you are interested, I have continued to create players (more than 150) including racket, duffle and bag and right kits (including white for Wimbledon). Give it a look

user: Drinkwater21175

bl8000

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ive noticed that you can now choose the Venue at the competition set up screen but you can longer pick what court you play on.Also the court that is selected is not the one that loads.There is not much point in having venues if you are stuck to playing on one court.Its nice to pick a venue say with four courts and alternate players around the Venue.

Can you explain this further? Was getting ready to buy this tonight on xbox one.

So in career you can go to a tournament and set up which court all the players play on if there are multiple courts? But the patch that just hit changed that?

bl8000

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
- Can you put an option how often a server goes immediately to the net?
Because if you just raise the net-aggression slider it changes the whole positioning of the CPU -player in the game.

Yes I agree. i have been watching lots of videos on youtube before buying this. Do not see the serve and volley happen much at all.

I want to make Boris Becker and that was just about all he did on every first serve.

Would add some variety to career too if you had a few athletic but not great players serve and volley against you instead of just banging balls from the baseline all match.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Can you explain this further? Was getting ready to buy this tonight on xbox one.

So in career you can go to a tournament and set up which court all the players play on if there are multiple courts? But the patch that just hit changed that?
No not career mode competition mode.Prior to the patch you set up a tournament selected which game you wanted to play chose what kit/uniform you wanted then you went to a screen where you selected venue,court,game duration and time of day.But now you have to select venue at competition set up screen.So say you play Wimbledon(6 courts) and play as Federer,Nadal, or any top seed you will basically play only on centre court.Its pointless having venues you might as well just download centre court.Also I've made a good Hisense arena which is not in the Australian open so you can only play on 3 courts.It was gr8 b4 when you could select a game and play on the court of your choice on a venue.Im on ps4 I highly recommend this game.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Smashes have once again disappeared.Why does only the CPU dive.Bring back court selection screen on competition mode.Would it be possible to edit(add too)licenced player uniforms.Players seem to freeze occasionally human and CPU.When looking at individual games in career history it crashes to desktop(ps4)

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Smashes have once again disappeared.Why does only the CPU dive.Bring back court selection screen on competition mode.Would it be possible to edit(add too)licenced player uniforms.Players seem to freeze occasionally human and CPU.When looking at individual games in career history it crashes to desktop(ps4)
I've also noticed that the time of day never changes during a tournament in career mode.

Antus

School Cricketer
Hi all!

First of all: The game has become so much better with all the patches. A few things are still very annoying (all refers on online play)

1. Crowd sounds. Suddenly they go wild during a rally, but the rally continues and the crowd is quiet when it ends. Even on matchpoint so sound after the rally ends!

2. Net cords. Too many, and the bounce is very unrealistic. The ball almost never bounces up, but rather sticks to the net and drops stringt down. Horrible.

3. Many forehand animations seem very odd. Especially on shorter ball, hitting a deep powerful forehand approach shot seems nearly impossible. Sometimes I even manage to hit a ball between my legs on such an approach. Very odd. (Maybe I need more practice).

Hopefully at least 1 & 2 can be fixed!

/antus

dee4three

School Cricketer
Mike,

I've been emailed you back and forth for months with feedback about AOIT, thank you for being responsive. This is Derek Brian at [email protected].

The latest patch really hurt the game, as the worst thing you can have in a tennis game is slow feet (It's unrealistic). Changing directions even when its not after a full chase is slow, and now your player does this super slow movement for a second before accelerating and it's a major eyesore, and it feels sluggish.

All of a sudden, we can chase down a hittable ball within rackets reach, and it takes so much time for us to change direction that we have no chance to get the ball if it's hit the other way (This is extremely unrealistic). Players movement now feels like it is stuck in the mud.

We don't want Virtua Tennis, but there has to be a happy medium between Virtua Tennis and a game like WTA Tour Tennis (Gamecube). Right now, this game feels much closer to the sluggish movement of WTA Tour Tennis. With the new foot planting you folks implemented, also comes more freezes by the player, and more herky jerky hits. When I emailed you a few days back, it was before the patch, the game felt really solid. Now, it's so sluggish and feels unresponsive at times, that I don't really want to play it.

Felling pressure (Obviously) you implemented easy aces back into the game, I get it... people want to ace more rather than less. Yet, my 62 overall player who has a 66 on serve is getting between 10-14 aces a set on World Class against 85 and 86 overall players. I am getting them easily by serving full power green down the middle. Not only do we get aced even when we are guessing right (Which is really frustrating), but now we can get aces all the time even with super weak servers.

I could live with the serving, but the side to side movement restriction (Which has now introduced us back into freezes and herky jerky animations) might be a game killer, especially for that first impression (When someone initially picks up the game). I feel like with this most recent patch, the game has regressed quite a bit. I've sent you numerous videos via email with my gameplay critiques in the past (Including my preferred surface idea which you implemented, thank you), I shouldn't have to send you more gameplay videos for the recent movement issue.

If your really want to feel the games flaws right now, try playing doubles. The players are so slow to react, that you can't even hit a ball at the net most of the time when it's hit to you, and the players are so sluggish side to side that it just destroys the fun in the game.

Please look into fixing the foot speed side to side, tennis is all about quick feet, not stumbles and slow reactions, and super slow starts before accelerations.

Thank you for being so responsive by email, I've been supportive since day one, but this most recent patch killed the thing that matters most in tennis, the movement.

-Derek

Cristian04BJ

School Cricketer
I've been comparing the current Steam release to the patch notes for the latest console release, and I think everything mentioned in those notes is in the current Sream release, as far as I can see.
Are you sure ? For example, the new individual transition for tournament in Career mode or select venue for the competition mode i don’t see in the PC version. I’am playing in PC

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Are you sure ? For example, the new individual transition for tournament in Career mode or select venue for the competition mode i don’t see in the PC version. I’am playing in PC

I haven't had a chance to play a career match recently, so you could be right about the transitions. As for selecting venue in competition mode, I see this selectable option on the PC version:
upload_2018-8-19_21-56-48.png

D

Dutch

Am out of the loop so if anyone would be willing to give me a short summary of where we are that would be cool!

Users who are viewing this thread