Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.10), Xbox One (1.0.0.11)

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Human edge slider at 100, is definitely not the same as it was on 1.09. Should have been 50 at default, giving option for players to increase if required.

AI batting in T20 has degraded since the last few patches, can't find scores above 165-170. The AI first innings bug during 17 to 19 overs takes out the fun in bowling first. And if batted second, AI can't chase anything above 170, even on legend hardest.

AI ODI batting is just single paced. No real intent in the death overs, even with wickets in hand.
AI Field setting after 40 overs still does not have more than 4 fielders outside the circle. This isn't a problem with T20 though. Same way power play spinner field has everyone in the circle.

Career mode simulation scores also has issues. Results are unrealistic especially during AI chase.
Also the bug which does not allow to set fields during first ball of the over also persists.

Poor Cricket Gamers !!!!!
Look at pes 19, as good as playing real football, top top stuff
So jealous of fifa gamers.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If you can cough up the difference in funding between FIFA and Ashes that would go a long way to redressing the balance.
You just have to look at the credits for the games to get a real comparison. Fifa lasts 1 hour, I think Ashes maybe lasts 1 minute. In spite of the flaws I really do think BA are punching above their weight with Ashes.

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You just have to look at the credits for the games to get a real comparison. Fifa lasts 1 hour, I think Ashes maybe lasts 1 minute. In spite of the flaws I really do think BA are punching above their weight with Ashes.
True, especially considering that not a lot of people worked on Ashes as the credits suggest. All in all it was a brilliant effort by a small group to produce an amazing cricket game. Keep it up BA, hopefully the next one is even better!

ndschan

Club Captain
Agreed, the only grouse is Test batting for me is broken, and will think twice before upgrading to latest patch. But then again people who play online and limited overs enjoying the game better now. Hence the need for two different versions, if the balance can't be attained in the same game
True, especially considering that not a lot of people worked on Ashes as the credits suggest. All in all it was a brilliant effort by a small group to produce an amazing cricket game. Keep it up BA, hopefully the next one is even better!

D

Deleted member 185125

Definitely great job by BA, but iMO the game has not reached its full potential. Patching can still make the game even better.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
The reality is that BA have to work with the resources available and they have to work with the code that already exists. Some improvements we'd all love to see just aren't going to be possible without having to rewrite / debug big chunks of code.

Even something as seemingly straightforward as saying "we need different builds for online and offline" essentially requires some multiplication of work - two builds with separate feature sets to manage, and decisions about how and whether any new feature is implemented for each build as they're updated in future.

I've got my fingers crossed but I'm trying not to underestimate the difficulty of making significant changes to underlying systems at this point.

Rackemup27

Club Cricketer
I think poor big ant have almost gone too far toward listening to user feedback. They've created such a heavily customisable and personal experience and by doing so have created a monster out of the community. A few people working flat out to not just release a game, But to constantly be listening to feedback and working on patches is fantastic to see. Just hope we don't work them into the ground.

D

Deleted member 185125

The reality is that BA have to work with the resources available and they have to work with the code that already exists. Some improvements we'd all love to see just aren't going to be possible without having to rewrite / debug big chunks of code.

Even something as seemingly straightforward as saying "we need different builds for online and offline" essentially requires some multiplication of work - two builds with separate feature sets to manage, and decisions about how and whether any new feature is implemented for each build as they're updated in future.

I've got my fingers crossed but I'm trying not to underestimate the difficulty of making significant changes to underlying systems at this point.
Interesting point regarding using existing build. If that's the case, I would like to see a DLC instead of a new game. However, I'm have no idea how much a difference a DLC can do when compared to a patch. But even before a DLC, would hope BA can iron out few of the bugs/issues from the existing game.

N Jones

Club Captain
both sliders on 100 is meant to be the setting that equals patch 1.09, many reporting that this is not the case however :(
It's just I'm scoring so easily now[DOUBLEPOST=1534428077][/DOUBLEPOST]
Batting seems to easy now which sucks. What should I change to fix that? The timing is far too easy.
I'm wondering that to..I've scored 110 in just 11 overs

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's just I'm scoring so easily now[DOUBLEPOST=1534428077][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm wondering that to..I've scored 110 in just 11 overs

What difficulty ?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I request bigant to atleast fix the crowd cheer issues... The game is really boring after the new patch becoz of the missing crowd sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread