Your Cricket Advice for my batting please.

knoxy09

School Cricketer
Hi, I am a left handed batsman and i looking for some tips to set up at the crease. EG:What guard to take and how i should make my stance. My strongest shot is probably pull and cut shots. Currently i take middle stump, but feel i am leaving my stumps to open and i often get bowled on off stump. Any help would be much appricated. Thanks.

CricketShala

School Cricketer
Middle stamp is ok to take guard, you would have to focus on other drills to make your stance, grip or foot movement properly.

The basic things you should work on:

Focus: see the ball from the hand of the bowler until you hit it
Stroke selection: judge the line and length of the ball
Proper grip
Stance
  • Leg position: Feet should be comfortably apart, neither too far nor too less. Distance can be around 8-10 inch
  • Body weight of batsman should be on the ball of their feet, knees should be slightly bent.
  • Eyes level: Both eyes should be in level
  • Head position: Head position is so important. The head must be slightly forward of your body and above the front foot and in line with your toes.
Let me know if you want to know some specific drill

"but feel i am leaving my stumps to open and i often get bowled on off stump" -- Well, i do not have full detail on that but I guess you have to drill for forward defence. As you said you are good in pull and cut which are backward shot. You might need to focus on forward defence and forward shot so you can play the full length ball.

I have written a detail article on basic cricket batting tips, you can read that to know the basics.

Let me know if you want me to tell some specific drills for forward play.

Users who are viewing this thread