St George Dragons: A famous rugby league club.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
I have followed this legendary Australian rugby league club since I was 10 when I went to the Sydney electrical store of Norm Provan and cajoled him into signing my new scrap book. "Sticks" had recently retired from the game after leading the Dragons in four of their record 11 premiership wins. That day Provan, the great "chook" Raper, Monty Porter and Billy Smith added their monikers to what was to become my little piece of Dragons history for several decades until it was lost while moving house.

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Are there any St George Dragons supporters on this forum? A half a century I have pored out my devotion to this famous rugby league club. We have had our ups and downs since those halceyon days of the late 50s to the mid 60s when we were unbeatable. This season is turning out to be another miserable one after we led the competition for much of the early round matches. Then came the dreaded State of Origin.. notorious for stopping hi flying teams in their tracks. Since then we have looked flat, with little creativity and discipline.

SlogSweep_Tez

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm not a DRAGONS supporter ....but i do live close to Jubilee Oval (old ground)
u guys did have your glory years like the RABBITHOES

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
Smashed two weeks ago by the lowly Eels and again today by another low ladder dweller the Dogs. What has gone wrong since the SOO with this well oiled machine that was the Dragons. Defence is woeful, no creativity, flat as a tack. Where is the pride in this famous jumper?

Users who are viewing this thread