17+ over AI pacing bug - any fix at all?

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
I made a note of this in the Bug Reporting thread but wanted to check if someone has figured out a way around this issue.

The issue being if the AI is batting first in a T20 you can forget about the last 3 overs being realistic in any way.

Essentially, the AI which otherwise plays quite well IMO, starts defending every ball after the 17th over of a T20. I just played a match on Legend difficulty, where the AI was 150/2 after 17 overs and proceeded to play out a maiden in the 18th and 20th overs!

It is really a strange bug and I wish could be patched easily with a fix.

In the absence of any patch, is there any way around this? Thanks

D

Deleted member 185125

I made a note of this in the Bug Reporting thread but wanted to check if someone has figured out a way around this issue.

The issue being if the AI is batting first in a T20 you can forget about the last 3 overs being realistic in any way.

Essentially, the AI which otherwise plays quite well IMO, starts defending every ball after the 17th over of a T20. I just played a match on Legend difficulty, where the AI was 150/2 after 17 overs and proceeded to play out a maiden in the 18th and 20th overs!

It is really a strange bug and I wish could be patched easily with a fix.

In the absence of any patch, is there any way around this? Thanks
I had a few matches in casual mode in which it worked fine, by exiting and resuming the match. But only worked sometimes.
I also tried simulating the overs, but the run rates were very low during 17 to 19. I also tried simulating few overs till the 17th, but no luck either.
I also tried setting AI attacking skills to 90s, but that also didn' work.
I also noticed the issue during T10 matches as well (end overs).
Not sure if the issue is present in ODIs.
Most frustrating part is that this issue only started after the recent patches. At the same time, the AI T20 run rate in general is low since the recent patches. I hope BA would look into fixing the issue.

D

Deleted member 185125

I have not tried any other difficulty apart from Legend. I might give a try on Veteran/Pro today.

D

Deleted member 185125

Are they getting similar scores when they start to defend or does it just happen whatever score they currently have?
It starts exactly from 17th and goes on till the end of 19th, irrespective of the scores. 20th over they are back to T20 mode.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
There must be some piece of errant code that triggers it if it always happens. Which would hopefully mean it could be corrected quite easily.

It happens because previously the AI was hitting every single ball for a boundary in the last 5 overs and I asked if it could be toned down to a realistic level, maybe with some play-and-misses and catch chances, since the AI is trying to be so aggressive. So of course being Big Ant Code they went to from smashing every ball out of the park to blocking/leaving them all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
There must be some piece of errant code that triggers it if it always happens. Which would hopefully mean it could be corrected quite easily.

It's clearly some errant code and hopefully a simple fix. It happens regardless of the match situation - like in the example above when England was 150/2 (Root and Morgan well settled) and then played out the 18th and 20th over for a maiden.

D

Deleted member 185125

I played couple of matches on casual mode on Pro and Veteran Difficulty. Same team, venue and pitch type.

Pro Difficulty:-
IMG_20180826_191200.jpg

Veteran Difficulty:-
IMG_20180826_191147.jpg

There weren't any leaves or blocks, but not much aggressive scoring attempts either. This was the first time I have tried difficulty other than Legend. I also tried Veteran in Competition mode and it was also ok. Not sure if the issue is only on Legend, but the max score I have seen is 175 since the recent patches.

gideon_swrd

Club Captain
I played an ODI in competition mode on Veteran difficulty. The AI batting towards the end of the innings (last 5 overs) was much better - played aggressive and hit some lofted shots.

So maybe it's just a T20 thing

D

Deleted member 185125

I played an ODI in competition mode on Veteran difficulty. The AI batting towards the end of the innings (last 5 overs) was much better - played aggressive and hit some lofted shots.

So maybe it's just a T20 thing
May I know how much the AI made in 50 overs?

D

Dutch

I think it's worth noting that legend may not be the best mode for realistic results. It's the best mode if you want maximum difficulty, but there are at least a couple (I think) of beta testers who are sure pro or veteran produces better gameplay.
Agreed...Pro is the way to go!

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I think it's worth noting that legend may not be the best mode for realistic results. It's the best mode if you want maximum difficulty, but there are at least a couple (I think) of beta testers who are sure pro or veteran produces better gameplay.

At least it's not like DBC17 where the AI was actually WORSE at batting on Legend. :lol

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashes is the first time the AI batting has been convincing enough for me to actually want to spend a bit of time bowling. I don't know if AI that *really* feels like you can work a batsman out is possible, but it's come a long way this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread