Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Here would be fine.

Here you go. The sliders are as follows:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The game mode was an online co-op game between myself and a friend with exactly the same sliders. I was the host, if it matters, and it was veteran difficulty. We were playing in the West Indies, though I can't remember which stadium. The pitch was dry, soft, with heavy cracks. We were playing as New Zealand (technically the home team), and the AI was the away side as West Indies. The teams were the ones downloaded from @Llewelynf, I'm pretty sure (I don't think this is anything to do with the stats of the players, fyi, just for clarity). There are about 15 overs left in Day 1, and we are around 340-3 or 4 from memory, of which I'd say 60 are extras.

The majority were wides from bouncers, either taken by the keeper or going to the boundary. The AI also bowled a fairly horrific number of no balls, with some bouncers going for 4 byes, and a few leg byes for good measure. The majority were wides though. I can't get the exact breakdown at the moment, but can get it if needed. Interestingly, I can think of at least 5 deliveries that 1st slip took rather than the keeper, and the 2nd slip took 1 delivery! lol

For clarity, my pitch bounce slider hasn't changed in the last however many games I've played on Ashes. Meaning, I've had lots of games, mostly offline but some online co-op with these sliders and it hasn't been an issue. I have knocked up the pace bowling speed to 50/51 since I came back to playing a few weeks ago with the new patch, think it used to be about 42/43 or so, if that has caused it?

Thanks for your input with this, appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 185125

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The game mode was an online co-op game between myself and a friend with exactly the same sliders. I was the host, if it matters, and it was veteran difficulty. We were playing in the West Indies, though I can't remember which stadium. The pitch was dry, soft, with heavy cracks. We were playing as New Zealand (technically the home team), and the AI was the away side as West Indies. The teams were the ones downloaded from @Llewelynf, I'm pretty sure (I don't think this is anything to do with the stats of the players, fyi, just for clarity). There are about 15 overs left in Day 1, and we are around 340-3 or 4 from memory, of which I'd say 60 are extras.

The majority were wides from bouncers, either taken by the keeper or going to the boundary. The AI also bowled a fairly horrific number of no balls, with some bouncers going for 4 byes, and a few leg byes for good measure. The majority were wides though. I can't get the exact breakdown at the moment, but can get it if needed. Interestingly, I can think of at least 5 deliveries that 1st slip took rather than the keeper, and the 2nd slip took 1 delivery! lol

For clarity, my pitch bounce slider hasn't changed in the last however many games I've played on Ashes. Meaning, I've had lots of games, mostly offline but some online co-op with these sliders and it hasn't been an issue. I have knocked up the pace bowling speed to 50/51 since I came back to playing a few weeks ago with the new patch, think it used to be about 42/43 or so, if that has caused it?

I play with pace max at 70 so that shouldn't be the one causing. Suggest you to set default for all physics modifier and give it a go.

However, I have noticed that if there is missed pull or hook shot (attempted late), the wicket keeper is either late in reacting or does not attempt at all to gather the ball, resulting in byes.

The balls goes to first slip more often, if the swing modifier is set above the default of 71.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I play with pace max at 70 so that shouldn't be the one causing. Suggest you to set default for all physics modifier and give it a go.

However, I have noticed that if there is missed pull or hook shot (attempted late), the wicket keeper is either late in reacting or does not attempt at all to gather the ball, resulting in byes.

The balls goes to first slip more often, if the swing modifier is set above the default of 71.

I had the swing at 80 as I had been trying to replicate English conditions in my career. In reality I could/should have turned it down for a game in the West Indies.

The majority of the wides were a deliberate leave/duck with R3 on the PS4 (I like to play conservative in Test matches) and the keeper then neglected to go for the ball.

I’ll keep monitoring things and see if anything further happens, and how many extras we finish up with by the end of the innings!

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Does modifiers work on online coop? If they work, can you plz let me know what options are required to enable them when creating the game?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Does modifiers work on online coop? If they work, can you plz let me know what options are required to enable them when creating the game?

Sorry, I’ve no idea if they work or not. Honestly couldn’t say!

The shot timing window felt the same as when I play offline, if that helps?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
@Dutch Posting here since it's more relevant.

Since career mode hasn't been doing it for me lately, due to how bad the simulation is, I started a new full test match. 09/10 SA vs England playing as England (Pro + Hard/Hard). Pitch feels like a belter now I'm batting on it and they really should have got more.

All the wickets were great. Even got a rare C&B!

GIjKvWS.png

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I think I might be ready to re-shelve this bad boy. It’s so close, it really is. But it’s just not quite there.

I’ve had some great games, great passages of play, enjoyable stands, wickets, run chases, close finishes but the stuff in between is often in spite of those sections rather than complimentary to them. I desperately want those cool moments to outweight the concessions, but I’m just not sure I can.

I was really close to starting a written career mode thread/story to give me the hook I needed to keep me into it, but the mode just doesn’t provide enough control over how teams are selected, there are no injuries, or form, there’s the simulation run rate issue, the late inning T20 blocking problem, not being able to select custom fields from time to time, I’d have been battling with what was available to make it somewhat engaging and realistic. I get that most people just want to play, I’m just that giving the mode a story is the depth I needed to keep me coming back for more.

So I moved away from career, and back to online co-op with a pal. We’ve traditionally enjoyed some good games together, again, despite the occasional issues. But the 2 games we’ve tried to play to date both crashed to dashboard at the very first ball of the 2nd innings (reported it in the bug thread). So that mode appears to be off the table as well. Not to mention the 86 extras the AI gave us in the 1 innings we were able to play if the 2nd match, that was also fairly head scratching.

The run out bug also surfaced yesterday, I just assumed that had been patched out. Controlling Jeet Raval on 144* from over 240 balls, I pushed the ball through midwicket and went for a run. Pressed for the 2nd, realised it’s not on. Cancelled the run. Raval stands a third of the way down the pitch. Stays still. Slows retreats back to the crease. Doesn’t stretch his bat in. Gets run out. Not that it mattered all that much as the game crashed after that innings anyway, but frustrating never the less. I’ve got a video if anyone needs it.

I get it’s a personal thing, I’m sure plenty of people have other game modes they play, online vs, or one off tests/comps/tours etc, I’m just struggling to get my fill without running into just a few too many problems to ignore.

I’m sure I’ll still look out for future BA cricket games, and I may well pop back to this one from time to time just to scratch the itch, but I’m not sure what I’d do to be able to avoid the issues it still has and stay engaged long term. Gutted!

Users who are viewing this thread