My thoughts for the future iteration for BA cricketing series

FlatTrackBully

School Cricketer
How much does an official license cost?

Get real stadiums in for all the major teams. That will cover the tour feeling.

Also an international team career. So you can play with a team and go through years of tours, world cups, t20 world cups with stat tracking and ageing. Deciding when is best to drop old players for youngsters. Even have a scout system where you need to pick players upcoming players from U19 squads or list A stats. Just like a stats based screen listing out potentials. Make it as simple or complicated as the devs want it to be. Can be more detailed scout based system where you get coaches giving their detailed opinions or just a stats sheet and the user has to pick out the most promising players with good stats.

Story mode in player career would be amazing but that's a big ask and easy to get wrong if its not lateral enough.

We need a team career mode with the above with an official license. That would be immediate value added for the next release.

Master Bates

School Cricketer
India
ENG....
DD.....
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
How much does an official license cost?

Get real stadiums in for all the major teams. That will cover the tour feeling.

Also an international team career. So you can play with a team and go through years of tours, world cups, t20 world cups with stat tracking and ageing. Deciding when is best to drop old players for youngsters. Even have a scout system where you need to pick players upcoming players from U19 squads or list A stats. Just like a stats based screen listing out potentials. Make it as simple or complicated as the devs want it to be. Can be more detailed scout based system where you get coaches giving their detailed opinions or just a stats sheet and the user has to pick out the most promising players with good stats.

Story mode in player career would be amazing but that's a big ask and easy to get wrong if its not lateral enough.

We need a team career mode with the above with an official license. That would be immediate value added for the next release.
Scouting system is similar to Cricket Captain. I like it.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all! I actually have a PC that can run the game well and some time to play it. The actual gameplay is fun; although I'm not a million hours in so perhaps I'm not noticing the flaws that many others are noticing. I think that broadly it feels like a more complete game than the earlier versions and I feel that adding customisable options for people to change things is honestly a good thing, and something that's very common in the American sports games that tend to do well.

One problem that I noticed is that there aren't enough Academy logo slots: I went through the thread in the Academy forum and downloaded all of the teams and ran out of slots a fair few times; which strikes me as not being what is meant to happen. Perhaps I've done something wrong and I imagine that there is a technical reason for this (perhaps console storage space?) but on PC I feel that restriction limits things a little bit. This isn't entirely comparable but Fire Pro Wrestling let you have as many downloadable wrestlers as your hard drive space allows and while that is possibly a little extreme perhaps decently more capacity might be something that could be possible?

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is a next Cricket game into consideration?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My guess, BA is busy in the development of new cricket title for the next year's world cup.

What is there to develop ?

They have Ashes, they just need to correct the bugs add cosmetic changes and advertise as the best cricket game!!

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
and a way way way way better stats module :)
This was by far their biggest flaw. We could never get them thinking properly when it came to stats. Must be a systemic culture failure within the group.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not so much an actual gameplay, more of a suggestion for Big Ant in terms of their interaction with the community in terms of news address patching and updates.

A couple of months ago PUBG Corporation made public a 'Fix PUBG' agenda. It was a roadmap of where they want to improve the game over coming months.

Given the concerns that were in place after the initial release of Ashes, something like this would at least allay fears that the game is never going to get patched or give people a clear sense of direction for the focus of future updates will take.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
An option to restart the game without having to reload the whole thing would be good to have.

Or just have considerably lesser load times. Either should do.

Flat_Track_Bully

School Cricketer
Not so much an actual gameplay, more of a suggestion for Big Ant in terms of their interaction with the community in terms of news address patching and updates.

A couple of months ago PUBG Corporation made public a 'Fix PUBG' agenda. It was a roadmap of where they want to improve the game over coming months.

Given the concerns that were in place after the initial release of Ashes, something like this would at least allay fears that the game is never going to get patched or give people a clear sense of direction for the focus of future updates will take.

You do realise PUBG has 100 concurrent users at any point in a game. Its one of the most played video games on earth. You can't compare this to a cricket game. We are lucky just to have a game for our beautiful sport.

D

Dutch

You do realise PUBG has 100 concurrent users at any point in a game. Its one of the most played video games on earth. You can't compare this to a cricket game. We are lucky just to have a game for our beautiful sport.
I dont think he was neccessarily comparing the two games as such, just stating that a process whereby the user could contribute to looking at ways of improving the game and testing their outcome would be well received. At the moment there is no way of knowing whether anything is still happening with the game....things have gone very, very quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm more than aware of the differences. But @Dutch interpeted what i said, it's more to do with the communication and a signal to the playing community of what is being worked on and what the expected time scale is.

The patches for Ashes have been very sporadic not only in time scale but also in content. Four months after release there was a huge change in how batting works. Due to the various areas of the game where people highlight issues or bugs, for the playing community to have knowledge that things are being worked on and when to expect changes is helpful. Not only is knowing that a game that's flawed is still being worked on but also to maintain comms and trust between devs and playing community.

Unless I've missed something we're at a point where no one, publicly, knows if there is going to be any additional patching or support.

Users who are viewing this thread