17+ over AI pacing bug - any fix at all?

Rhone

International Cricketer
Agreed...Pro is the way to go!

What AI settings would people say give the most realistic First Class/Test gameplay. I usually use Legend, but I see the AI pulling off some very far fetched victories. For example, getting over 500 in 4th innings to win a match.

D

Dutch

What AI settings would people say give the most realistic First Class/Test gameplay. I usually use Legend, but I see the AI pulling off some very far fetched victories. For example, getting over 500 in 4th innings to win a match.
I am on hard pro and India are 320 for 6 after 102 overs me bowling, pace 65 default sliders

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The biggest problem I've observed is AI routinely starting simulated run chases at 10+ rpo. It makes a lot of games not very worthwhile, because you can't even count on the AI to defend 400+. I have to suspect the problem is in the game's basic mechanics. If there's no fielder out, then it's easy to put the ball in the air and get away with it. The game doesn't really punish you for anything other than timing unless you play something like an offside shot to a ball that has come back in, or vice versa. However, the AI doesn't like to take on fielders. If the AI ignored fielders, scores in this game would be obscene, because the likelihood of hitting uncatchable shots is very high. The AI is also very conservative about running between wickets. I can believe that these elements contribute to death bowling maidens as well as absurd fielding restriction scores.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Had this same problem on legend and veteran. tried pro last night in a T20 was setup great for AI to win. 2 set batsmen. 5 wickets down - 35 to win off 2 overs . they start playing cautious shot. 27 to win off 1 over... wicket maiden... think I maybe done with this game

D

Deleted member 185125

Had this same problem on legend and veteran. tried pro last night in a T20 was setup great for AI to win. 2 set batsmen. 5 wickets down - 35 to win off 2 overs . they start playing cautious shot. 27 to win off 1 over... wicket maiden... think I maybe done with this game
Stopped playing T20 ever since this issue. I'm giving test matches a go now. Hope it plays out fine atleast.

Users who are viewing this thread