GOLF The Golf Club 2019

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
How else do you then play a career in a gold game if you hate playing the rounds?

What Zimrahil wants is what I also was disappointed that they left out of The Golf Club and The Golf Club 2, that being other golfers represented by CPU AI playing alongside you in career or exhibition mode, in the same way that Tiger Woods and Rory McIroy, as well as the much never mentioned but bloody great Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf, all those 3 games had CPU AI and you could witness all the shots, and the golf swings of course, of whoever was playing alongside you.

The Golf Club iterations so far have had the "ghost ball" playing alongside you, but they are probably pre-recorded shots, because if that's not the case, all they needed to do was show players alongside you actually playing the shots if AI and wind effects are being used to show the ball flight and where it ends up etc, so the lack of players being physically seen hitting their shots kind of proves that for me...

So previously, The Golf Club has been a bit cheap and nasty in terms of avoiding the costs of employing AI coders, its just a game with nice graphics and players can compete against each other online, and of course play in a fake career mode, each to their own I guess.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf didn't have real life players to play against, but for me, the graphics match and if not are better than The Golf Club.

D

Deleted member 9102

The main thing I didn't like about TGC1 gameplay was how overpowered the flop and high pitched shots were... Instead of having to read the greens, choose the right clubs and play smart shots, it was more effective to just launch it the air and aim for the pin, killing it with backspin.

Maybe this was rectified in TGC2? Not sure as I never played it, but this is the thing I most want to see in TGC2019 - a more varied and realistic short game being rewarded over just launching it at the pin.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
What Zimrahil wants is what I also was disappointed that they left out of The Golf Club and The Golf Club 2, that being other golfers represented by CPU AI playing alongside you in career or exhibition mode, in the same way that Tiger Woods and Rory McIroy, as well as the much never mentioned but bloody great Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf, all those 3 games had CPU AI and you could witness all the shots, and the golf swings of course, of whoever was playing alongside you.

The Golf Club iterations so far have had the "ghost ball" playing alongside you, but they are probably pre-recorded shots, because if that's not the case, all they needed to do was show players alongside you actually playing the shots if AI and wind effects are being used to show the ball flight and where it ends up etc, so the lack of players being physically seen hitting their shots kind of proves that for me...

So previously, The Golf Club has been a bit cheap and nasty in terms of avoiding the costs of employing AI coders, its just a game with nice graphics and players can compete against each other online, and of course play in a fake career mode, each to their own I guess.

Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf didn't have real life players to play against, but for me, the graphics match and if not are better than The Golf Club.

Just a heads up, she won't be able to reply to you, she's apparently been permanently banned from the forum.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I see this is up on the ps store already but havent heard a word about it for ages. Busy downloading now.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I played a little last night. It looks really good visually. Player models although more customisable are the same as TGC2 in my opinion but the courses are stunning and crowds have been added in career.

I only played the first round of the web.com q-school on medium difficulty, I think there were 5 different levels. As far as I could see the only licenses in game were Under Armor.

I honestly think I was one of the first to get it because the courses were unplayed and none have been created just yet.

I will put some more time into it later and have a better idea

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I'm sticking with TGC2 until I start reading reviews that the short game has improved, the chipping in particular. TGC2 is an enjoyable game to play but chip shots that either check up short quickly or run on and on past the pin until they reach the fringe on the other side of the green seem randomly generated by the codies.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Which is the better game gameplay wise on pc .-golf club 2,golf club 2019(though price probably rules it out anyway) and Jack Nickalaus perfect golf.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Liking the game so far. Struggled with the "Pro" clubs initially and am down to "Beginner" clubs. The game's solid and offers longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread