Last Movie You Watched

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
FUNNY GAMES: (2007)

v1.bTsxMTYyMTYzNTtqOzE3OTA5OzEyMDA7NjAwOzgwMA

A scene-for-scene remake of director Michael Haneke's own, same-named 1997 Austrian film, "Funny Games" has more on its mind than startling displays of blood and terror. Yes yet another US purloin of a European film. Can Haneke please tell me why he called his film "funny games" as the terror these two young psychopaths wreak on their victims are neither funny nor games. This version lacks the cutting edge tension of the original so disappointed me somewhat. 3/5

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
DUEL was the first road movie that I actually enjoyed. Why? The imcomparable Spielberg was at the tiller.. thats why. Boy can this man tell a story and actually make you wanna be part of it.. get inside your skin so to speak. What a wild suspence-filled ride he takes us on.

4-Star-Rating.png

a scene from DUEL (1971)

RichieBGM

Associate Captain
MV5BZTgzYTY2ZmYtMDVhYy00Yzk3LWE5N2MtMzQwYjg0NTBhN2ViXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU1MTEwMjI@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

THE PICTURE SHOW MAN: (1977) .
This rather obscure Oz flick depicts the beginnings of cinema in Australia. It is the 1920s and an enterprising man, his son and a piano player travel around Australia showing the first silent movies. Their dream however is to stay at one place and open up a cinema. Muddying the waters is a hot shot wealthy American who aims to do the same.. bigger, better and in quicker time than the Australians...

I enjoyed the journey this slice of early Australiana took me. I had no problem sympathizing with and relating to the characters as the cast of John Meillon, Rod Taylor and John Ewart were top shelf. Loved the cinematography of inland Australia, while the score and incidental music complemented the pacey, amusing storyline. For those who are not familiar with this gem. I invite you to find it and watch it. ★★★★

Users who are viewing this thread