The Retro Thread

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Another retro clip here. Home video of Somerset vs Northants, Aug 1986.

Botham had been out of action earlier in the summer, banned for admitting getting stoned on a 1982 NZ tour. He looks like he's eaten a lot of pies during the break. There's close footage around 12.10 + 14.30.

Looks like Allan Lamb batting. Glove change around 1.50.

IVA Richards v briefly at 1.44. Little bit of him batting at 10.44. You can just about make out his Fearnley VR bat. He switched to Slazenger in 1987.

D

Deleted member 187360

@wasteyouryouth when possible any chance you can do the faces on the pakistan teams i uploaded. They both have mostly the same players. I have done some basic work on some of them but most of them is just very basic.
If possible can u please create the uniforms and kits for New Zealand Bank Centenary Cup 1995 held in New Zealand. Hosted by New Zealand and Australia was the winner with Mark Taylor was a captain. Australia New Zealand South Africa and India were the team participated.[DOUBLEPOST=1539492488][/DOUBLEPOST]
If possible can u please create the uniforms and kits for New Zealand Bank Centenary Cup 1995 held in New Zealand. Hosted by New Zealand and Australia was the winner with Mark Taylor was a captain. Australia New Zealand South Africa and India were the team participated.

HosiesICC

Club Cricketer
These are awesome!
Any chance you'll be doing Zimbabwe?

West Indies and Sri Lanka WC 1990s rosters shared.

igazjZx.png

Yx6U5s6.png

eXe3q7w.png

kHfwSa8.png

cRzaDti.png

RbzOurn.png

lexluger

Club Captain
I remember a few years ago I had asked one of those representatives from BigAnt who posted stuff about DBC14 on this forum prior to its release, to include retro helmets. To my surprise he immediately took that into consideration and added retro helmets from the 1970s world series and a couple of variations of helmets from the 80s. Sad to see all those models have been removed for no apparent reason. Don't know how it affects them to include those in a game which is known for its customization features.

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
I remember a few years ago I had asked one of those representatives from BigAnt who posted stuff about DBC14 on this forum prior to its release, to include retro helmets. To my surprise he immediately took that into consideration and added retro helmets from the 1970s world series and a couple of variations of helmets from the 80s. Sad to see all those models have been removed for no apparent reason. Don't know how it affects them to include those in a game which is known for its customization features.
Been asking for this to be added for ages I don't think BA care anymore about this game so unlikely anything will happen now

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England Cricket 1960s decade team. This includes greats such as Cowdrey, Barrington, John Edrich and Dexter, talented players such as Ramon Subba Row, Basil D'Oliveira, wicketkeepers Jim Parks and John Murray, the tragic but exciting Colin Milburn and inspirational all round cricketers such as Peter Parfitt, Bob Barber, and Barry Knight.

I have left some others for the 70's such as Underwood and Boycott. There are 30 players to choose from nonetheless.

Thanks to Wasteryouryouth and Llewelyn7 in particular and many others for the inspiration, bats, and logos.

User ID Mouseydread;

Enjoy!

12002281566_497ac4638f_b.jpg

Last edited:

lexluger

Club Captain
Appreciate your hard work but seriously this game should have better built upon the foundation laid by DBC14. Classic cricket should be more emphasized upon in future iterations.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England Cricket 1970s decade team. This includes the legendary Boycott, WSC rebels such Grieg, Amiss, Snow, Underwood and Knott, stalwarts such as Luckhurst, Hendrick, Willis and Old and the brilliant fielder Derek Randall and many others.

I will add to this team as this was an era of many players.

Thanks to Wasteryouryouth and Llewelyn7 in particular and many others for the inspiration, bats, and logos.

User ID Mouseydread;

Enjoy!

62578.jpg

pinku

Associate Captain
Thought I'd share a preview of what I've been working on.

I have just come back after a while to play Ashes cricket again. Looking forward as always to download your classic teams. Can i just ask i have searched your wc 1990s teams but the logos are missing on kits. Is that because you are working on them right now? Thanks mate.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have just come back after a while to play Ashes cricket again. Looking forward as always to download your classic teams. Can i just ask i have searched your wc 1990s teams but the logos are missing on kits. Is that because you are working on them right now? Thanks mate.
Could be, not sure. The academy can be a bit temperamental.

I'll will be sharing those again, along with the 2000s squads. With some new bats as well as kits.

Users who are viewing this thread