Hitting wide deliveries

timmy94

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone else constantly had issues trying to hit wide of off stump deliveries??? I’m talking anything from 4th stump outwards. 99 times out of 100 they constantly play and miss. Some times swing through the line just missing and looks realistic but most times the batsman takes a big step leg side and just does a massive swing and misses it completely.

This happens any difficulty. Trying to drive a spinner means constantly getting bowled off stump but I can’t hit anything wider than that. Also balls going past the wide marker don’t get called so I’m never ever going to score.

THIS IS USING STANDARD CONTROLS. Never had this problem on previous games. Would that be the reason?

Chrisr1707

School Cricketer
I find I have similar issues playing spin. I only really get this problem on hardest batting difficulty. I have found that it is a timing and or footwork problem with me rather than anything else. Get in the nets and practice your timing and footwork. I use classic controls so may be different but I have noticed im vulnerable to anything on 4th or 5th stump spinning in so I tend to block and wait for the really wide one and whack that. practice your timing and footwork and check your timing bar if you use it. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread